Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
madlulz

Learning IJN Cruisers, but after a long game break?

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3 posts
133 battles

Hi all.

Long time break taker here.   I haven't played in long enough that I had to remind myself quite a few binds.  When I last played I had made it up to T5 IJN Cruisers.  A lot of that XP came from playing the Iwaki A.  I have a Furutaka - and from what I have read, that's really when learning IJN Cruisers start anyway.  I am trying to acclimate myself to the play style, as when I came back a few weeks ago I've only been playing in a Texas and Arkansas because BBs seemed easier due to the tank.  What is a good way to ease myself into the Furutaka?  As of right now I've just been doing Coop so I don't let an entire team down by being awful, but I'm even getting stomped by bots.  I know that I shouldn't ever show my sides... but I'm not sure about range, using torpedoes, and consumables?  I have read things like WASD a lot, use cover, and never show your side, but I feel like I'm not doing a lot of DMG that way.  Is it more about doing damage over time with fires than direct damage?

Really just looking for insight on learning the ship type!

[SPTR]
Members
25,694 posts
10,850 battles

well for Furutaka don't stray to close to the heart of battle as she doesn't have the durability through she has the biggest guns of any tier 5 cruiser so you can use AP to autopen the bows of other tier 5 cruisers and punish broadside battleships.

here's a guide on how to play her by Yuro a favourite CC by many within the community through keep in mind the old age of the video so captain skills here will come as a surprise:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3 posts
133 battles
31 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

well for Furutaka don't stray to close to the heart of battle as she doesn't have the durability through she has the biggest guns of any tier 5 cruiser so you can use AP to autopen the bows of other tier 5 cruisers and punish broadside battleships.

here's a guide on how to play her by Yuro a favourite CC by many within the community through keep in mind the old age of the video so captain skills here will come as a surprise:

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!  Do most IJN CA continue to play similar to this style?  Or will this be a one off style of play for the... Furry Taco?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,325 posts
14,705 battles

IJN cruisers are probably the most consistent in terms of playstyle all the way to T10.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,195 posts
9,669 battles

Be nice if there was a new/updated video out there. Captain skills have changed and so has the competition. It is still the only 8" CA at T5 but it can often face off against Pensacola.

Sign in to follow this