Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dionkraft

RED DEAD Redemption 2 post $725M in sales

13 comments in this topic

Members
2,392 posts
5,421 battles

'Red Dead Redemption 2' posts highest-grossing opening weekend ever

'Red Dead Redemption 2' takes in $725M in sales in first weekend

Capital Wave Strategist Shah Gilani and Payne Capital Management Senior Wealth Advisor Michelle McKinnon on the big sales of Rockstar Games' 'Red Dead Redemption 2' in its first weekend.

“Red Dead Redemption 2” had the highest-grossing opening weekend in entertainment history, according to publisher Rockstar Games.

The blockbuster video game set in the Old West earned $725 million in the three days after its release, the company said. “Red Dead Redemption 2” also shattered the PlayStation Network’s existing records for most pre-orders, biggest first day sales and highest sales after 72 hours.

“This is a game of rare quality; a meticulously polished open world ode to the outlaw era. Looking for one of this generation’s very best single-player action experiences? Here’s your huckleberry,” wrote IGN, the video game review site.

Shares of Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of Rockstar Games, rose more than 10 percent in trading Tuesday and were up more than 2 percent in midday trading Wednesday. The company is also known for publishing the popular “Grand Theft Auto” video games franchise.

“Red Dead Redemption 2’s” opening weekend sales eclipsed those of the highest-grossing movies in history. The game earned more in its opening weekend than “Avengers: Infinity War,” which took in $640.5 million, and “The Fate of the Furious,” which generated $541.9 million, according to Box Office Mojo.

“Grant Theft Auto 5” earned more than $1 billion in its first three days on sale, but it was released on a Tuesday, not over a weekend.

“Red Dead Redemption 2” has received “universal acclaim,” according to Metacritic, which gives the game an aggregated critical score of 97.

• Boring 1

Members
883 posts
7,680 battles

The video of gameplay Ive seen, the game looks very immersive. 

It's tempting me to buy a console again. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Members
2,392 posts
5,421 battles
42 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

The video of gameplay Ive seen, the game looks very immersive. 

It's tempting me to buy a console again. 

Yes it is a VERY WELL DONE game...just amazing.

[-PVE-]
Members
111 posts
9,058 battles

I want this so bad but not on console. Will be the first game I pay full price for if it comes to PC.

Alpha Tester
4,633 posts
2,400 battles

If I had the money to buy a modern console, I'd probably be playing this game. It honestly looks like the most expansive and thoroughly detailed game I've ever seen.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,564 posts
14,005 battles

I'll wait for a PC Port but I don't expect much from Rockstar.  The game looks interesting due to the setting alone which is a rarity in gaming.  Even movie westerns are rare today.  However, I'm not going to buy a console for the sake of one game.  I'm also not expecting much from Rockstar because they never even ported RDR1 to PC, which was a title I was also interested in years ago.  Knowing their track history with this series, I don't expect anything from them.  I'll be extremely surprised if they even port it, much less a proper PC port.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,301 posts

Friend of mine has been streaming it to me while he plays it, I do a sorta MST3K running dialogue of the whole thing and act as his second opinion on things. From what I've seen I can see why it's selling so well, it's a damn good game and if they make a PC version you bet your last barrel of fuel-oil that I'll be buying it, especially if there's eventually a co-op mode he and I can play together.... and I don't even like westerns!  (though I did grow up around a lot of horses)

[-BMV-]
Members
1,180 posts
5,541 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'll wait for a PC Port but I don't expect much from Rockstar.  The game looks interesting due to the setting alone which is a rarity in gaming.  Even movie westerns are rare today.  However, I'm not going to buy a console for the sake of one game.  I'm also not expecting much from Rockstar because they never even ported RDR1 to PC, which was a title I was also interested in years ago.  Knowing their track history with this series, I don't expect anything from them.  I'll be extremely surprised if they even port it, much less a proper PC port.

There's hope at least, while it has taken them time in the past they have ported a few of their games.

[DYING]
Members
186 posts
3,863 battles

Let’s pay tons of money so we can pretend we’re in a world with no technology ;)

[SOUP]
7,301 posts
27 minutes ago, Q___________Q said:

Let’s pay tons of money so we can pretend we’re in a world with no technology ;)

How you likin' that Assassin's Creed franchise?

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,564 posts
14,005 battles
2 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

How you likin' that Assassin's Creed franchise?

Don't forget old, trusty Skyrim :Smile_glasses:  And Demons' Souls / Dark Souls franchise.  And any other non-modern, non-futuristic game setting!

[SOUP]
7,301 posts
20 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Don't forget old, trusty Skyrim :Smile_glasses:  And Demons' Souls / Dark Souls franchise.  And any other non-modern, non-futuristic game setting!

Skyrim has tech, Dwemer stuff~!

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
184 posts
3,054 battles

Not surprising it's a medium defining release. It might even dethrone The Witcher 3 for best game this decade, I'll have to play it first though.

Sign in to follow this