You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

West Virginia 44 - Sniper or Brawler?

Sniper or Brawler?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. West Virginia 44, a really accurate sniper, or Massachusetts older brother?

• Sniper, because sniping people with 16 inch guns is gun.
    • Brawler, COUNNNNNTRY ROADS...TAKE ME HOME...SEEEEECONDARIES MOUNTAIN MAMA!

67 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,533 battles

Dear Wargaming, 

We really really really want you to get WV44 right. So you don't anger the entire community, here is a convenient poll...let the community decide?

Personally I'm down for secondaries, muah secondaries!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

So let's make mutsu pointless?

[WUDPS]
4,724 posts
4,533 battles
Just now, Komrade_Rylo said:

Mutsu has really nothing to do with West Virginia 44. 

The 41 version is clearly an OP sniper. 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,514 posts
6,677 battles

Can we have a "Bacon" option, or a "brawler but no side order of secondaries"?

• Bad 1

Members
2,890 posts
1,365 battles

Secondary, face punching brawler would be good.

Hell, id be far more apt to buy a face punching brawler WV41, buff her secondaries n let her kick all the [edited].

Boring tubby sniper is basically the role of AZ, but AZ has 12 guns to ensure something hits..

Edited by KnightFandragon

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,218 battles

It is a Brawler.

Members
2,890 posts
1,365 battles
11 minutes ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Why is mutsu pointless?  Shes already a 16" torpedo brawler.

[OPG]
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

I read 41, not 44. My bad

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles

The very notion of a 21 knot brawler at tier 7+ is .... suspect, to be polite. Brawling relies on getting into position to do so, at 21 knots everything else is going to dictate the engagement, meaning that you'll only get to brawl if the enemy screwed up.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,137 battles

<edit>Darn, ninja'ed by Lert.

Brawler.  However, the question is, at 21kts, will she ever be able to get into position to brawl against other tier VIII-Xs?

3053001.gif

Edited by RightYouAreKen
  • Bad 1

[5D]
Members
1,217 posts
7,119 battles

Brawler sounds cool, but with its speed a brawler focus just isn't feasible.

With her actual fantastic gunnery history being ingrained as a part of her identity, the sniper role is kind of the only option.

[KAPPA]
Members
157 posts
4,239 battles
18 minutes ago, red_crested_ibis said:

giphy.gif

Clearly we need sniper secondaries. 20km range and as accurate as the main battery! ...Which are, themselves, as accurate as Yamato!

I'm kidding, even if that would be awesome. Still, her speed would be a fine trade to do both of those things, I feel. She doesn't have to speed to initiate brawling, so instead give us either Yamato levels of accuracy or just an accurate brawler. I loved to snipe with old Col when the opportunity presented itself, so I'd hardly be miffed if either is chosen.

Well, other than German levels of accuracy on a brawler. Then I would be miffed, as the entire reason I hate the new version of Colorado is the nerfed accuracy, so more of the same would just be horrible.

Members
2,890 posts
1,365 battles
1 hour ago, RightYouAreKen said:

<edit>Darn, ninja'ed by Lert.

Brawler.  However, the question is, at 21kts, will she ever be able to get into position to brawl against other tier VIII-Xs?

3053001.gif

Lol, she doesnt close to the target, the target comes to WV in hopes of an easy kill then the guns+improved secondary shows them why it was a bad life choice.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,019 posts
1,419 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

The very notion of a 21 knot brawler at tier 7+ is .... suspect, to be polite. Brawling relies on getting into position to do so, at 21 knots everything else is going to dictate the engagement, meaning that you'll only get to brawl if the enemy screwed up.

This is the problem of all the US standard battleships. They were slow...and therefore don't brawl in this game as they always get there late.

Members
2,890 posts
1,365 battles
3 minutes ago, Redwing6 said:

This is the problem of all the US standard battleships. They were slow...and therefore don't brawl in this game as they always get there late.

Yeah, slow, short range, no acc....throw them a bone somewhere..

Slow, short range but amazing acc, even if only for a shot or 2 through a consumeable would be good.

[WUDPS]
4,724 posts
4,533 battles

Considering that some maps tier 7 sees aren't super big and Rado can get around fairly well...I don't think it'll be a huge issue.

Plus with those Mass like secondaries...11.4 k range...I'm game. 

[KAPPA]
Members
104 posts
4,551 battles

I'd imagine them being like the weeping angel, at least in theory.  No one will expect them to actually be effective brawlers, so they'll be repeatedly dismissed as being too slow and too far away and never able to catch up.

"Oh look, the weeping angel, err, WeeVee is 20 km away.  I don't have to worry, she'll never get close to me."

Two minutes later...

"Let me just go around the island so I can retreat to saf-"

tenor.gif?itemid=8133464

-

After all, the best horror villains never have to run.  They can slowly pursue, and no matter how far you run...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

It's likely going to be garbage regardless.  The standards don't make more than 21 knots.  That's fine on small, low tier maps.  At higher tiers when there's more space, slow speeds just don't cut it.  A 21 knot west virginia is going to be bad no matter how you slice it.

[WUDPS]
4,724 posts
4,533 battles
3 minutes ago, red_crested_ibis said:

I'd imagine them being like the weeping angel, at least in theory.  No one will expect them to actually be effective brawlers, so they'll be repeatedly dismissed as being too slow and too far away and never able to catch up.

"Oh look, the weeping angel, err, WeeVee is 20 km away.  I don't have to worry, she'll never get close to me."

Two minutes later...

"Let me just go around the island so I can retreat to saf-"

tenor.gif?itemid=8133464

-

After all, the best horror villains never have to run.  They can slowly pursue, and no matter how far you run...

Perfect

[WUDPS]
4,724 posts
4,533 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

It's likely going to be garbage regardless.  The standards don't make more than 21 knots.  That's fine on small, low tier maps.  At higher tiers when there's more space, slow speeds just don't cut it.  A 21 knot west virginia is going to be bad no matter how you slice it.

Speed flag would bring it up to what? 22? 24?

[KAPPA]
Members
157 posts
4,239 battles
32 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Yeah, slow, short range, no acc....throw them a bone somewhere..

Slow, short range but amazing acc, even if only for a shot or 2 through a consumeable would be good.

Please, no more silly consumables. I'd rather they actually try to balance her for consistent effect rather than just shove something like a reload booster in her mouth and tell her to shut up.