Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Murasame92

*sigh* Submarines...

63 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

45
[WOLF9]
Members
91 posts
3,839 battles

So after playing submarines for a little bit I can say i had some fun about it. However i think they should either be their own game mode, or just for holiday missions only. As its currently way to easy to play them. Yes i get that we are facing bots but out of most of the games i have played i never took any damage and i abused the hell out of the system. Never understood why the teammates around me would sink and die. 

  All you have to do is abuse the stupidly close Detection range, sail on the surface until your detected, once you are wait till you get aimed at, or fired at whichever comes first and dive once into the water. You get undetected again and just fire your torps at point blank range, dive as deep as your sub can go under the ships and sail away as far as you can before surfacing. Surface get your air up and repeat. 

If your super close to the enemy like 4k or closer or running low on oxygen all you gotta do is dive once, get undetected, fire another volley and surface for a couple seconds and dive deep down and repeat this process and you can abuse the system a lot. Ive never had an issue with low oxygen cause i always dive and surface in quick succession to get my torps off. 

Granted this is beta and much can change. But idk i think there needs to be a different system. Cause right now i feel like its easily exploited. 

Idk, if subs are ever a thing in this game, ill make it my lifes mission to destroy each and every one of them in game!! xD (freaking tin can cheaters)

We shall see what happens i guess. Just knowing People, they will abuse the system like i have found and everyone would be doing it until its patched or changed. 

Anyway this is just my humble opinion and observations based on the Halloween event. 

  • Cool 7
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,348 posts
506 battles

I am sure it is easy to get everyone involved.... and also its just an event right now so...
And I am REALLY sure that if they keep them... ( and lets face it  I think more players do NOT want them than DO) They will tweek the living HELL out of them... but I hope they do not keep them....

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,474 posts
9,585 battles

Try that on a Akizuki and see what happens. 

This mode is not like how subs will be on live. We are way far out on balance. There is barely any ASW in this test mode. Let alone sub v sub or CV v sub.

Fear Not.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,474 posts
9,585 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I am sure it is easy to get everyone involved.... and also its just an event right now so...
And I am REALLY sure that if they keep them... ( and lets face it  I think more players do NOT want them than DO) They will tweek the living HELL out of them... but I hope they do not keep them....

Best I can tell from all the polls and threads since the game launched it is actually about 60% to 40% in favor of subs even higher if they are well balanced. 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF9]
Members
91 posts
3,839 battles
2 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I am sure it is easy to get everyone involved.... and also its just an event right now so...
And I am REALLY sure that if they keep them... ( and lets face it  I think more players do NOT want them than DO) They will tweek the living HELL out of them... but I hope they do not keep them....

I agree. I dont think subs should ever be a thing. It still surprises me that WG is somewhat serious about adding them in. Just look at the game Steel Ocean and how much of a problem subs are in the game 

1 minute ago, paradat said:

Try that on a Akizuki and see what happens. 

This mode is not like how subs will be on live. We are way far out on balance. There is barely any ASW in this test mode. Let alone sub v sub or CV b sub.

Fear Not.

True. Like i said it is only beta but, i just have a feeling subs are going to be the new CV problem. where either good players will abuse the system or players wont play them too often. Idk im just mixed on the whole idea and concept.  

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,056
[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles

OP, I would expect an "April fool" mode somewhere around the March-April patch that explores ship vs. submarine warfare techniques, or possibly a new operation, and then a fourth Halloween event that ties it all together. Follow on with the introduction of PvP subs in 2020 if that goes smoothly.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,474 posts
9,585 battles
1 minute ago, Murasame92 said:

I agree. I dont think subs should ever be a thing. It still surprises me that WG is somewhat serious about adding them in. Just look at the game Steel Ocean and how much of a problem subs are in the game 

True. Like i said it is only beta but, i just have a feeling subs are going to be the new CV problem. where either good players will abuse the system or players wont play them too often. Idk im just mixed on the whole idea and concept.  

I think they have a greater chance of having the opposite problem. Like the Current CV they may be harder to play than other classes, unlike CV' I think the ability to carry or strongly influence the battle maybe a bit underpowered. Again so early to even speculate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,474 posts
9,585 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

OP, I would expect an "April fool" mode somewhere around the March-April patch that explores ship vs. submarine warfare techniques, or possibly a new operation, and then a fourth Halloween event that ties it all together. Follow on with the introduction of PvP subs in 2020 if that goes smoothly.

Honestly if the CV rework goes well, I think subs in live are very likely happening in 2019.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/18/why-wargaming-is-disrupting-world-of-warships-with-submarines-and-revamped-aircraft-carriers/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF9]
Members
91 posts
3,839 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Honestly if the CV rework goes well, I think subs in live are very likely happening in 2019.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/18/why-wargaming-is-disrupting-world-of-warships-with-submarines-and-revamped-aircraft-carriers/

I hate that though. I even hate subs in real life. they are so boring. and cheating. lol 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,098 posts
3,075 battles

Everyone is only excited for them and want them to be added because they're getting to play as them, not having to play against them. I still think it's as terrible a decision to add them as I did in 2015. There's a reason they proclaimed they would never be added years ago. Square peg, round hole.

Edited by goldeagle1123
  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,056
[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Honestly if the CV rework goes well, I think subs in live are very likely happening in 2019.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/18/why-wargaming-is-disrupting-world-of-warships-with-submarines-and-revamped-aircraft-carriers/

You may be right; I'm taking a pessimistic view of the timeline with an optimistic view of achieving a proper balance.  There just seems so much else to do first before they bring in a completely new ship type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,474 posts
9,585 battles
3 minutes ago, Murasame92 said:

I hate that though. I even hate subs in real life. they are so boring. and cheating. lol 

LOL... Well perhaps you will specialize in killing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF9]
Members
91 posts
3,839 battles
1 minute ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Everyone is only excited for them and want them to be added because they're getting to play them, not having to play against them. I still think it's as terrible a decision to add as I did in 2015. There's a reason they proclaimed they would never be added years ago. Square peg, round hole.

This. Exactly this. I feel this way like 60 percent toward the Submarine topic lol like everyone wants to play them but not face them. Cause look at Carriers. People are still hating them because Planes are OP (LOL) its gonna be the same thing with subs. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,474 posts
9,585 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You may be right; I'm taking a pessimistic view of the timeline with an optimistic view of achieving a proper balance.  There just seems so much else to do first before they bring in a completely new ship type.

There is a ton of that going on right now. You can count on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,474 posts
9,585 battles
Just now, Murasame92 said:

This. Exactly this. I feel this way like 60 percent toward the Submarine topic lol like everyone wants to play them but not face them. Cause look at Carriers. People are still hating them because Planes are OP (LOL) its gonna be the same thing with subs. 

I am excited to do both. Really looking forward to my first Ram kill on a sub with a BB. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF9]
Members
91 posts
3,839 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

LOL... Well perhaps you will specialize in killing them. 

exactly. I HATES SUBS! with a passion. and you bet your dollar that im gonna specialize in sinking them. Im a cruiser main after all ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[O_O]
Members
735 posts
6,288 battles

wait for DD rework...and dept charges ...buwhahah...that would add to it a bit...and all them freaking hydo-sonars that people are complaining about now...

its just an intro ...coop...test...it is subject to changes...

you just writing it off too soon....

Edited by Shinnidan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,056
[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

I am excited to do both. Really looking forward to my first Ram kill on a sub with a BB. 

Do it with the Dreadnought for bonus points (her only ship kill in her entire career was a U-boat she ran down).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,474 posts
9,585 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Do it with the Dreadnought for bonus points (her only ship kill in her entire career was a U-boat she ran down).

Really? I did not know that. Sounds like a plan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,056
[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
Just now, paradat said:

Really? I did not know that. Sounds like a plan!

I'll let you use Bellerophon if you're free-to-play and there's no way to win her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,474 posts
9,585 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'll let you use Bellerophon if you're free-to-play and there's no way to win her.

Thanks, but no need. I am a bit of a ship collector. Crazy fleet of ships in port. I will pick up Dreadnaught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
303
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,481 posts
3,430 battles

I may have harped on "No submarines!" in the past, but that was because WG themselves said no subs. Now that they have changed their stance, I'm going to change my stance too... because if I may confess, I actually do believe that the subs can work in this game. I actually always have believed so ever since I first played this game, TBH. I just didn't ask anything about it myself because I respected WG's position and understood why they didn't want to implement them in the game.

Of course, it all hinges on how WG balances them. This is so crucial, to the point where it has a potential to seriously mess up the game, if it's not implemented correctly. But I have faith in WG, and even if they don't get it quite right at first and end up with some problems, I believe they'll eventually get it right. Hopefully. LOL. 

Aa for the Halloween subs, if the previous two Halloween Ops are any indication, I feel like they're overpowered on purpose. The Halloween ships all have some serious gimmicks that are way too broken. Take the Magnu-S, or what I call "the better Tirpitz." That invincibility comsumable, combined with the ramming flag, can produce some serious result. You definitely aren't gonna see that on the regular Tirpitz. But it works for the Op, because it's supposed to be a fun event. I can understand how WG wants as many people to try the new subs out, and hopefully have some fun blowing up AI's in the Op. I wouldn't think that it's how they want the subs to be, if the subs ever make their way to other modes.

My 2 doubloons.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
48 minutes ago, Murasame92 said:

I agree. I dont think subs should ever be a thing. It still surprises me that WG is somewhat serious about adding them in. Just look at the game Steel Ocean and how much of a problem subs are in the game 

True. Like i said it is only beta but, i just have a feeling subs are going to be the new CV problem. where either good players will abuse the system or players wont play them too often. Idk im just mixed on the whole idea and concept.  

People play Steel Ocean?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[WOLF9]
Members
91 posts
3,839 battles
9 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I may have harped on "No submarines!" in the past, but that was because WG themselves said no subs. Now that they have changed their stance, I'm going to change my stance too... because if I may confess, I actually do believe that the subs can work in this game. I actually always have believed so ever since I first played this game, TBH. I just didn't ask anything about it myself because I respected WG's position and understood why they didn't want to implement them in the game.

Of course, it all hinges on how WG balances them. This is so crucial, to the point where it has a potential to seriously mess up the game, if it's not implemented correctly. But I have faith in WG, and even if they don't get it quite right at first and end up with some problems, I believe they'll eventually get it right. Hopefully. LOL. 

Aa for the Halloween subs, if the previous two Halloween Ops are any indication, I feel like they're overpowered on purpose. The Halloween ships all have some serious gimmicks that are way too broken. Take the Magnu-S, or what I call "the better Tirpitz." That invincibility comsumable, combined with the ramming flag, can produce some serious result. You definitely aren't gonna see that on the regular Tirpitz. But it works for the Op, because it's supposed to be a fun event. I can understand how WG wants as many people to try the new subs out, and hopefully have some fun blowing up AI's in the Op. I wouldn't think that it's how they want the subs to be, if the subs ever make their way to other modes.

My 2 doubloons.

Doesnt mean its a smart decision on WG part xD but we shall see. I just think they need to fix and focus on the Cv problem first more than anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
449 posts
1,962 battles

I do not think they'll do it then again it is WG... but if they'd introduced Subs to PvP how they are now they'd end up with a rebalance procedure that would make CV-rework look like a hot and wanted romance. First time I went in we were a team that hadn't even read about how to do it, most were scrubs, and we just cleaned house. Subs for events, own mode and such sure but other than that I really do not hope to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×