You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Best of the Worst

16 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles

We have all been on potato teams where no matter how well you did, you couldn't carry. But sometimes I will have a bad game and be amazed that I am still  at the top of the rankings for my team.

What is the worst you have done and still ended up as top-dog on your team in random?

[KRAK]
Members
938 posts
13,010 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

We have all been on potato teams where no matter how well you did, you couldn't carry. But sometimes I will have a bad game and be amazed that I am still  at the top of the rankings for my team.

What is the worst you have done and still ended up as top-dog on your team in random?

Last night my entire team died in less than 5 minutes. I was one of only 2 ships that survived and I topped the score board with only 500 xp.

[TASH]
Members
4,993 posts
7,903 battles

You guys think World of Warships teams are bad?

War Thunder is way worse.
image.png.818504704734ec6c0a1f9d2103844f99.png

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[-AGW-]
Members
635 posts
9,315 battles
39 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Last night my entire team died in less than 5 minutes. I was one of only 2 ships that survived and I topped the score board with only 500 xp.

Last night was strange. Most of my games were total blow-outs. Either way.

[KRAK]
Members
938 posts
13,010 battles
10 minutes ago, NashW8 said:

Last night was strange. Most of my games were total blow-outs. Either way.

That is the norm in T10.  Most times a blow out for one side or the other with the very rare good game thrown in once in a while were it is an actual fight.

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,174 battles

I played a ranked epicenter game about a week ago.  I was in a GC, which is a pretty fast BB, but was the only BB on my team.  There were 4 DDs and a cruiser.  At the start of the game I steamed full speed ahead towards the edge of the epicenter zone.  My entire team was dead before I reached it.  It was less than 4 minutes from the start of the game and I think I am being generous with the time.  I did save a star in that one, because I was top scorer by a long shot.

I have also had random games where I sailed towards a cap in a DD, spotted an enemy DD, fired at it, and then accidentally ate a torp and died, doing nothing else in the game.  My entire team including other DDs hid so much in a loss, that I still ended up in the top 4 in scoring with a measly 250XP.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,909 battles
38 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

You guys think World of Warships teams are bad?

War Thunder is way worse.
image.png.818504704734ec6c0a1f9d2103844f99.png

You playing the PVE gamemode?  Looks like a typical round of that, where one or two people essentially get all the kills.

[HELLS]
Members
1,688 posts
15,246 battles

One of my few Solo Warriors. It was hard to say which team was worse. Down at the very bottom of the scoreboard with 15 hit points left hugging the map edge. In Farragut at that. We won on score and timed out with 11 points more than the opposition. The other team could not find me because I ran away and hid just to survive. Couple of years back.

Members
135 posts
1 hour ago, Vaffu said:

That is the norm in T10.  Most times a blow out for one side or the other with the very rare good game thrown in once in a while were it is an actual fight.

Combined with the boring camping game play where everyone hides behind islands and insane distances; no wonder people say tier X has the worst meta and least enjoyable play.

Edited by ModDestroyer_1

[KRAK]
Members
938 posts
13,010 battles
7 minutes ago, ModDestroyer_1 said:

Combined with the boring camping game play where everyone hides behind islands and insane distances; no wonder people say tier X has the worst meta and enjoyable play.

I like it because it is way more difficult to do well but yes at times it can be annoying with the BB camp and Cruiser hide gameplay.

No one feels they should be taking any damage from anything and if they survive it is good enough for them.

[REVY]
Members
936 posts
7,295 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

I think the most depressing ones are where you get caught out within the first 5 minutes or so of the match and sunk, and when the match finally ends in a loss, even though you feel you didn't do all that much, you're within the top 3 of the entire team.

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,626 battles
41 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I think the most depressing ones are where you get caught out within the first 5 minutes or so of the match and sunk, and when the match finally ends in a loss, even though you feel you didn't do all that much, you're within the top 3 of the entire team.

I have had a great number of those. Game finally ends (sometimes I already exited to port and see the game end screens popping up on the right) and decide to check the scores and wonder how anybody could have played that much longer than me and scored so little.

Members
895 posts
7,700 battles

Probably about a month ago I started playing my BBs and DDs again.

Game in my Aigle. Im pretty certain I was the first to die in the game. Entered cap. Pew pewd at a couple enemy DDs. Launch torps. Die from I forget what.

Hit exit battle and started a new game.

After the next game I just check the match results of the Aigle game. There I am sitting top XP on the winning team? I have no idea how that happened. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,891 battles
6 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Well, I've been all over the map in my days.  I've been the best of the worst.  The worst of the best.  The best of the best, and the worst of the worst.  And beyond that, there are those games I've felt like I've kicked butt...surely will top out...only to find several other players kicked more butt than I did.  I'm just all over the place....unicum one day....total potato the next day. 

[RMRGD]
Members
175 posts
16,728 battles

My Ashasio record 240,945  dmg in a game still a loss.   I remember kiting a lot as the flank pushed.  The enemy push was just far to great for most of the team it fell apart quickly.    But random game, random skill, came to have fun