You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Allow ammo type by turret choice.

18 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles

With the new DD buff making them mostly immune to battleship AP I think Battleships should be allowed to choose what type of ammo EACH mount fires. SO on an Iowa I could have two turrets firing AP and one firing HE. This could give battleship players much greater flexibility in all situations. Shooting at bow on battleships and cruisers, shooting at destroyers.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[CUJO]
[CUJO]
Beta Testers
28 posts
2,609 battles

For each gun on a German 2 gun turret I want HE and AP half by half

[KRAK]
Members
928 posts
12,925 battles
52 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

With the new DD buff making them mostly immune to battleship AP I think Battleships should be allowed to choose what type of ammo EACH mount fires. SO on an Iowa I could have two turrets firing AP and one firing HE. This could give battleship players much greater flexibility in all situations. Shooting at bow on battleships and cruisers, shooting at destroyers.

"Flexibility"  that is unneeded? 

I am on board if they reduce BB accuracy to a more realistic level.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

I like the idea, but someone pointed out a while back that it does not reward skill so I’m sure plenty would be against it. I wish there was a way to choose which turret you fire when you click though.

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles

It is an interesting idea, but the control complexity seems to be the biggest issue.  In the multiple previous threads on single turret firing, which includes varied load outs, this always end up being an issue.

Also, there would be quite a bit of effort programming and learning to use the feature for what appears to be very little benefit.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
49 posts
774 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

I am be just a dumb DD player but am I missing something?  Can't you you just select HE for destroyers and AP for battleships?  Just switch.

Also what is the big deal firing HE at DD's instead of AP?  It not like DD's have any armor anyway.  One salvo and we are deleted in any case.

[HSD]
Members
280 posts
9,408 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

It is an interesting idea, but the control complexity seems to be the biggest issue.  In the multiple previous threads on single turret firing, which includes varied load outs, this always end up being an issue.

Also, there would be quite a bit of effort programming and learning to use the feature for what appears to be very little benefit.

If they were to consider such a change I think the best compromise would be separating the turrets into weapon groups, like on a ship with torps.

1-2 is the fore turrets and the respective ammo choices.

3-4 is the aft turret(s) and the respective ammo choices.

On ships like Dunk and Rich it would be 1-2 is Turret A, 3-4 is Turret B. Nelson is the problem one here, but could still be 1-2 Turret A and B, 3-4 the 3rd turret.

Alternatively implement a hull/gun module in the research tree for each ship that makes no changes but this, so you could choose the current system versus this proposed idea, so people could choose the level of micro they want.

Members
1,482 posts
659 battles
9 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

What happens with expert loader?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,139 posts
8,762 battles
7 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

I am be just a dumb DD player but am I missing something?  Can't you you just select HE for destroyers and AP for battleships?  Just switch.

Also what is the big deal firing HE at DD's instead of AP?  It not like DD's have any armor anyway.  One salvo and we are deleted in any case.

With a 30 second delay when a BB rarely gets two volleys off at a DD unless they are genuine Idaho's.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles
53 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Switching is a waste of time, you should always fire whats in the chamber and reload the different ammo type. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles
1 hour ago, Vaffu said:

"Flexibility"  that is unneeded? 

I am on board if they reduce BB accuracy to a more realistic level.

LOL You don't want to play the realism game. If we changed everything to a more realistic level Battleships would run wild on the server. They would be swatting those piddly little Destroyers out of the way like gnats.

[KRAK]
Members
928 posts
12,925 battles
5 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

LOL You don't want to play the realism game. If we changed everything to a more realistic level Battleships would run wild on the server. They would be swatting those piddly little Destroyers out of the way like gnats.

No if they pushed the realism game BB would rarely if ever hit a target. You sure you want to talk about realism?

[B2P]
Members
493 posts
13,201 battles
4 hours ago, Vaffu said:

No if they pushed the realism game BB would rarely if ever hit a target. You sure you want to talk about realism?

And DD's would rarely hit anything with torps either, and most wouldn't even have a single reload.

[KRAK]
Members
928 posts
12,925 battles
34 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

And DD's would rarely hit anything with torps either, and most wouldn't even have a single reload.

DDs already barely hit anything with torps. That is why they have a single digit hit rate.

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,244 battles
7 hours ago, Belthorian said:

I like it, but, we're in a game were some players need to be constantly reminded of simple things, like not going on a straight line for more than 1 min if there's a dd nearby. Add this and their head will explode from the extra info. Not to mention the crapstorm the DD players will create over this.

4 hours ago, Vaffu said:

No if they pushed the realism game BB would rarely if ever hit a target

To go full realism here the first thing that will need to go would be the Concealment Mechanic. Everything will be seen by miles, no magic cloak device for Cruisers and DD. No one would enjoy that.

[KRAK]
Members
928 posts
12,925 battles
Just now, Sidelock said:

I like it, but, we're in a game were some players need to be constantly reminded of simple things, like not going on a straight line for more than 1 min if there's a dd nearby. Add this and their head will explode from the extra info. Not to mention the crapstorm the DD players will create over this.

To go full realism here the first thing that will need to go would be the Concealment Mechanic. Everything will be seen by miles, no magic cloak device for Cruisers and DD. No one would enjoy that.

Um BBs have some very low detection ranges for their size. The concealment mechanic benefits them as much if not more than every other class of ships.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,649 posts
8,027 battles
7 hours ago, Belthorian said:

immune to battleship AP

I can't describe how wrong this is.

The mecanic would be a pain to implement as well as a pain to manage.

5 hours ago, Belthorian said:

If you want realism go play War Thunder or a similation naval game. 

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,244 battles
1 hour ago, DreadRaybo said:

if they pushed the realism game BB would rarely if ever hit a target. 

You said the above and i agree. Completely. What Im saying here is that to go Full Realism, the Concealment Mechanic (detection Ranges, Concealment Expert Skill) would need to be removed, to "Be Realistic and Consistent with Real Life". That means every ship would be seen by miles (BBs, DDs CA/CLs, CVs), there would be no detection ranges were you could "Go Dark" meaning a DD would be seen from far away, farther than currently is, all the time. Same with Cruisers. Every DD charge would be even more suicidal than now because the DD would be seen the entire time and the risk would be extremely high.

That's why i said this wouldn't be fun for anyone.

Edited by Sidelock