You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Royal Navy Event missions beginning 31 Oct 2018

28 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles

The ramped-up pace of the previous stage continues. All missions are for Tier 5 ships and up, except for the scenario star missions, which can be completed with any Halloween scenario ship (e.g. if you want to div up for Saving Transylvania).

Wednesday: Any four of the following:

1. Spot 5 torpedoes.
  2. Earn 1 million credits.
  3. Earn 8500 base XP (note: scenarios NOT valid for this task)
  4. Win 4 battles
  5. Win 7 stars in any number of scenario battles.
  6. Cossack/Le Terrible mission - two fires or two torpedo hits.

Thursday - any FIVE of the following:

1. Spot for 14K damage.
  2. Damage 55 ship modules.
  3. Earn 1.5 million credits.
  4. Earn 30,000 ship XP.
  5. Gain 75 secondary armament hits.
  6. Earn 7 stars.
  7. Cossack/LT as above.

Friday - any SIX of the following (ETA usually you can do them without playing scenarios so I might have missed one here, please let me know; EETA Thank you @real_icebeast):

1. 150K damage.
  2. Obtain 75 ribbons.
  3. Get 3 achievements.
  4. Earn 750,000 credits.
  5. Gain 40,000 COMMANDER XP.
  6. Get top 3 on either side in 3 battles.
  7. Earn 7 stars.
  8. Cossack/Le Terrible as above.

Saturday - any SIX (I think) of the following:

1. Get five fires or torpedo hits.
  2. Take 7 caps or assisted caps (not valid for scenarios, but then they have no caps anyway).
  3. Get 450 main battery hits.
  4. Earn 1200 Free XP.
  5. Earn 1.7 million credits.
  6. Tank 7.5 million potential damage.
  7. Earn 7 stars.
  8. Cossack/Le Terrible as above.

REALLY, WG?

This is all getting a bit much - in particular, the credit-earning missions in early directives and the Commander XP grinds are becoming somewhat onerous. Also, this is REALLY not the best way to get us to play and like your new submarine scenario, when for four days out of seven we get an extra layer of performance pressure on us.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,212 battles

Played a game this morning in the Sub. It counted for the Brit missions.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Played a game this morning in the Sub. It counted for the Brit missions.

As it should - but the Base XP mission (and ONLY the base XP mission) is listed as not being valid. If you find otherwise, let me know.

Just now, real_icebeast said:

The one your missing for stage 3 (Friday) is Get 75 Ribbons.  

Thank you. Will edit.

[PRDEF]
Members
66 posts
3,386 battles

I'm still most irritated by the ridiculously easy pay-wall missions that they've had the last 2 weeks.  2 fires or torp hits?  Really?  I'd be less offended if WG would just forego any pretenses and just give anyone who owns either Cossack or Terrible credit for the missions when they log in for the day.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,212 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

As it should - but the Base XP mission (and ONLY the base XP mission) is listed as not being valid. If you find otherwise, let me know.

OH I see... miss read your post. Yeah there is a lot going on. Still the over all difficulty is still pretty low. Not to hard to complete these particularly if you have time on the weekends to get a good session in.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
2 minutes ago, rufus374 said:

I'm still most irritated by the ridiculously easy pay-wall missions that they've had the last 2 weeks.  2 fires or torp hits?  Really?  I'd be less offended if WG would just forego any pretenses and just give anyone who owns either Cossack or Terrible credit for the missions when they log in for the day.

The cynic in me says "This is for all you suckers who bought one or both with high hopes that we subsequently dashed; we will smooth your path to doubloon compensation."

1 minute ago, paradat said:

Not to hard to complete these particularly if you have time on the weekends to get a good session in.

That's the catch for me. If I were single and childless I would devote my entire weekend to this, beginning Friday evening and ending Sunday afternoon, and wipe the floor with it. But life is getting in the way a lot at the moment, much more than it did when this started, and I'm sure others are in the same position.

@Pigeon_of_War, the powers that be need to bear in mind that not all of their playing demographic is in a position to dedicate all their out-of-work time to this game. My ability to complete all these tasks per se is not in doubt; my ability to do so in the full context of my real life is another matter, and goals for future events of this type need to be considered accordingly or WG is going to be farming a lot of ill will.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,701 battles

The only ones that I find challenging is the achievement missions.  I play Random, but I cannot guarantee getting any achievements.

All the rest are just a matter of playing enough.

As to the specified Premium missions, you have to at least play them to get the credit.  Part of the incentive is to have them seen in battle.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,212 battles

hat's the catch for me. If I were single and childless I would devote my entire weekend to this, beginning Friday evening and ending Sunday afternoon, and wipe the floor with it. But life is getting in the way a lot at the moment, much more than it did when this started, and I'm sure others are in the same position.

Yeah I can sympathize. Can not get to upset at WG for making content for active players. Fairly typical practice for an MMO. Particularly when the rewards are good.

• Cool 1

Members
479 posts
2,029 battles

Man these grindy mission are making me want to just stop bothering with the rn missions. They are causing me to have to play a lot longer in order to finish some of them. Really burning out as a result. Man I wish I had a MO for the credit ones sigh.

Edited by Krupp_Sabot
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
1 minute ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

The only ones that I find challenging is the achievement missions. 

I was willing to let the last one of mine go because I'd already got the guineas, but I finally polished it off last night with a Flesh Wound award in an otherwise dismal game.

2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Can not get too upset at WG for making content for active players.

Oh, I agree. But I can't help but think that by the end they'll be asking us for 2 million earnings and 60,000 captain XP, and that's just insane. Only 16 to go and then I'm done. The next patch features containers that start a Royal Navy destroyers collection, but it looks like that one's going to drop in regular crates (no hint as to the final prize yet), so I can pick that up in my own good time.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,212 battles

Oh, I agree. But I can't help but think that by the end they'll be asking us for 2 million earnings and 60,000 captain XP, and that's just insane. Only 16 to go and then I'm done. The next patch features containers that start a Royal Navy destroyers collection, but it looks like that one's going to drop in regular crates (no hint as to the final prize yet), so I can pick that up in my own good time.

Could happen. You just need to pick your price point for Cossak if you even want it. I mean that is the entire point of the Brit missions in the first place. If you took advantage of the 10 tokens for a 1$ then it should work out just about right. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,676 posts
10,011 battles

I'm somewhat losing interest in the RN 'arc' it's not even RN in any real way aside from allowing you to use Cossack (or Le Terrible...) for some tasks.

The Guinea reward system is incredibly drawn out, 4 a week for 16 weeks? We're just now passing the half-way point. A 3 month grind for a premium is pretty much a new frontier in killing hype. I was interested in Cossack in December 2017 when announced, now I don't care and the carrot is being dangled on a mile-long stick.

The replacement of RN crates with generic and stupid (and crap) Halloween containers sucks. The removal of Sovereigns also sucks, accumulating them, trying to figure out what to buy and having an incentive to actually try at Hall of Fame for more were all good things. I didn't even look at my Hall of Fame placing in these last rounds. Now it's 'enjoy your 3x Halloween camouflages (bad ones) viva la Royal Navy'. Nonsensical.

Not allowing the scenario to provide BXP to the first mission this week is simply miserly, especially as it seems an auto-win and wins in it count. For the rewards of $1 off an overpriced premium I feel increasingly disinclined to jump through the thousandth hoop.

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
18 minutes ago, paradat said:

If you took advantage of the 10 tokens for a 1$ then it should work out just about right. 

I did, which puts me at 34 guineas so far. Just another month of this thing and I'm done. Right now I calculate that if I buy the necessary guineas I'm still not much better off than half price. If I can claw my way to 40 or so guineas, that will make her no more expensive than an Ishizuchi or Yubari. At that point, outright purchase via guineas makes a lot more sense. But I would still plough on at maximum effort, to foreshorten the grind and get back to more mundane play sooner.

5 minutes ago, mofton said:

Now it's 'enjoy your 3x Halloween camouflages (bad ones) viva la Royal Navy'.

7.11 will bring an RN destroyers collection. Reading the developer diaries on the main website, it looks like this will be a perpetual drops-in-containers-until-complete affair. Just make sure you clear out or turn off your Ovechkin stuff!

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
1,547 posts
9,817 battles

I'm not interested in Cossack. I'd get it if it could be earned and add it to my collection of prem ships collecting dust.  Daily missions and the RN missions are now boring. Won a bunch of crappy flags in Halloween crates so no incentive to grind. Watching a little more Netflix until Christmas missions  

[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
43 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

The only ones that I find challenging is the achievement missions.  I play Random, but I cannot guarantee getting any achievements.

As to the specified Premium missions, you have to at least play them to get the credit.  Part of the incentive is to have them seen in battle.

The Four Goal Haul temp award counts even if you earn it in co-op. I played DDs yesterday to get two of those in co-op.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Four Goal Haul temp award counts even if you earn it in co-op. I played DDs yesterday to get two of those in co-op.

This is very true, and needs to be borne in mind. This said, I don't generally get that award with Tier 5-plus ships, though my Medea and Valkyrie mine them very efficiently indeed.

Members
100 posts
845 battles

Even single without a child, this stuff can take too long to complete if you have other hobbies or obligations. I've managed to get them all so far but the first week which I missed, but it's getting a bit tedious especially with less boxes for individual missions. The rest of the rewards are boring. At least I just got two ships to t8 so gaining xp and credits is faster.

Members
989 posts
5,724 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is all getting a bit much - in particular, the credit-earning missions...

(pssssssstt...hey buddy, c'mere...)

No, DON'T look at me!!!! Stand wit' 'cha back to me!!! Yeah. You look down at 'da sidewalk, and I'll make like I'm readin' 'dis here newspaper....

Now lissen up..and... Don't tell anybody, Ensign, but (eyes darting around, looking to see if he's being watched) these clan battles are a credit-makin' muh-SHEEN!!! "I know 'dis guy," see, who was making 900k a pop in clan battles last night, even in losses!!! The worst he cleared all night long was 750k. And he wasn't playing lights out eithuh! He was just playin' like your Average Joe. Half the time, he wasn't even flyin' credit flags.

I tell ya...the goons in his "family" made da' Missouri look like a floatin' poorhouse!!!!

And one more 'ting: We nevah had 'dis conversation. Capiche?

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles

This is very true, and needs to be borne in mind. This said, I don't generally get that award with Tier 5-plus ships, though my Medea and Valkyrie mine them very efficiently indeed.

I get the Four Goal Haul Achievement easiest in DDs in co-op for me for some reason. DDs are a weak class for me, so go figure.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
12 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

And one more 'ting: We nevah had 'dis conversation. Capiche?

:Smile_teethhappy:

The trouble for me is guaranteeing to be both awake AND continuously available when the rest of my clan is active and fighting. One distressed child's nightmare at 10:30pm can wreck everything. This is why I can count the number of times I have even divisioned with anyone on my THUMBS. 

Members
989 posts
5,724 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is why I can count the number of times I have even divisioned with anyone on my THUMBS. 

This, then, would be one of those rare times where it is good to be "all thumbs."

Members
479 posts
2,029 battles
1 hour ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Last time achievements were an objective sc achievements counted towards that directive fyi.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,118 posts
18,633 battles

Thx.

I skipped the base XP mission anyways because I didn't had enough time today. Did the others with three scenario battles and one randoms with the Missouri for the credits. Last one gave me nearly the 1mio in one match. 

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,701 battles
1 hour ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Last time achievements were an objective sc achievements counted towards that directive fyi.

Most of those seem to require surviving the Scenario.  I find that part the most challenging.