You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Shadow_Kat_

Barracuda Secondaries Quirk (bug?)

3 comments in this topic

[NCG]
Members
2 posts
269 battles

So I was taking out the Barracuda, rotating the subs per match for maximium fun, when I stumbled upon a strat.

The Barracuda's secondaries open up and/or continue firing while the sub is surfacing or diving. mashing the F and C keys appropriately to get the depth indicator hovering basically exactly halway between surfaced and periscope depth gives me the surface detectability of a submerged sub while having a 6km secondary range, alowing me to farm damage and torp with impunity. 

I've posted this image elsewhere but I'll include it because I think the stats speak for themselves, its a very nifty strategy (or exploit, you choose).

shot-18_10.31_15_00.51-0802.thumb.jpg.d3c4ad94e343839070c69005998578a2.jpg

Mayhaps we'll see the rise of the arty!divison of Barracudas?

• Cool 1

Members
2,409 posts
5,422 battles

Whats happening is that WG has not put in a program error detection of what state you are in when you are between surface and periscope depth.  They can correct that with adding cycles to the timing but for the time being..you have detected a bug which they didn't catch and good for you as well.  In fact WG will in all probability make it so that the moment you go periscope the Gun will stop immediately and when you surface the Gun will time itself to NOT shoot 5 seconds when you are fully surfaced....maybe even longer.  But I think the GUNS will eventually be manual fire by the captain much like a DD so WG may not even tweak the code and cut to the chase to make a gun to fully aim and function as do the other surface ships do. 

Community Department
2,021 posts
500 battles
1 hour ago, _Shadow_Kat_ said:

So I was taking out the Barracuda, rotating the subs per match for maximium fun, when I stumbled upon a strat.

The Barracuda's secondaries open up and/or continue firing while the sub is surfacing or diving. mashing the F and C keys appropriately to get the depth indicator hovering basically exactly halway between surfaced and periscope depth gives me the surface detectability of a submerged sub while having a 6km secondary range, alowing me to farm damage and torp with impunity. 

I've posted this image elsewhere but I'll include it because I think the stats speak for themselves, its a very nifty strategy (or exploit, you choose).

shot-18_10.31_15_00.51-0802.thumb.jpg.d3c4ad94e343839070c69005998578a2.jpg

Mayhaps we'll see the rise of the arty!divison of Barracudas?

It would be interesting to see the stats)) 
I don't think it's really a bug. It's not easy to make damage by secondaries especially with big amount of enemies. And of course it's not the most efficient way to gain a victory.
Plus highly likely we won't make such changes till the end of the operations. 
Thanks for vigilance!