You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

WG please for the love of god don’t introduce the DMG against secondaries, AA, and torp bulges

325 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,357 battles

This is a terrible change that will make ships melt even faster, it’s not needed and is pointless. It will just make people even more passive and fixes an almost nonexistent problem. Please don’t change this.

• Cool 32
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[RKLES]
Members
7,098 posts
8,745 battles

Yeah I am nervous about some of these armor and gun changes because I love brawling when given the chance and the changes might hurt my abilities to get into fun brawls.

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles

Agreed, I’m far more concerned with this change than I am the CV rework or the addition of subs.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
2,410 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, bubbleboy264 said:

This is a terrible change that will make ships melt even faster, it’s not needed and is pointless. It will just make people even more passive and fixes an almost nonexistent problem. Please don’t change this.

Maybe WG sees things very differently than you do.  Maybe they see BBs as having too much survivability.  Maybe they want shorter matches.  Maybe they've come to the conclusion the players are already passive.  WG has been slowly but surely increasing offensive firepower, IFHE, 1/4 pen HE, AP bombs DWT, torp reload booster, and main battery reload booster.  Now they are making ships less survivable.  They have an agenda. 

WG has always wanted the game to be much faster paced with short match lengths.  That's not what the game is now, and they seem to be set on changing that. 

Just now, SkaerKrow said:

Agreed, I’m far more concerned with this change than I am the CV rework or the addition of subs.

You shouldn't be think in terms of them individually, you should think about them cumulatively. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,193 posts
5,662 battles

Wargaming has done almost what I would call a bait and switch. When this game came out it was called a tactical naval combat game based on history. They seem to have pivoted and are catering to the players with no attention span and want a fastest mouse click simulator. They seem like they want matches to last 5 minutes or less. The direction the game has been going for the last 6 months is probably the main reason why I uninstalled the game last week and cut back my spending by 99%. It is one of the main reasons why most of my friends who I played the game with left the game. This new shoot as fast as you can style may appeal to some, it just is not for me.

• Cool 20

[SPTR]
Members
3,457 posts
5,660 battles

I don't see a significant problem by the damage by torpedo bulge alone, just give the thing ridiculously low amout of damage saturation numbers like a few hundred up to a thousand. If anything, that would make battleships more resiliant against torpedoes if it has been shot at and has been actively participating in the battle.

The problem comes with the following change, that even saturated parts receieves a guaranteed damage of 10% of the maximum damage of the shell making contact.

You what WG?

[-BRS-]
Members
1,604 posts
13,175 battles

Sure I'll get a lotta Hate for this but find it humorous that any changes for battleships we have to have testing and discussions before they consider any nerfs, other ship just have to suck it up and overcome and adapt :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 9

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles

I don't care if minimal damage is applied for hits to AA/Secondaries.  My problem is with giving damage for penning torpedo bulges but failing to penetrate the belt armor.  That's the whole POINT of the torp bulge and belt armor, to act like spaced armor does on tanks.  To arm/detonate the incoming shell outside of the armor belt so that it fails to do damage inside of the ship.

• Cool 9

Members
17,744 posts
5,084 battles
41 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Sure I'll get a lotta Hate for this but find it humorous that any changes for battleships we have to have testing and discussions before they consider any nerfs, other ship just have to suck it up and overcome and adapt :Smile_popcorn:

All the hate will come from the DD Mafia, how dare you laugh at their pain!!!

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,193 posts
5,662 battles
45 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

The differences is that when the game first released and was based on the rock, paper, scissors mechanic Destroyers were massively overpowered and God like in the hands of good players. Before radar there is no effective way for cruisers to counter Destroyers like they were supposed to. If the last two players in a match were a Destroyer vs Cruiser the destroyer wins 100% of the time unless he does something stupid. If the last two players in a match were a destroyer and a battleship the destroyer won 100% of the time...the battleship had no way to counter the destroyer. 

SO when Wargaming gave Cruisers the ability to counter Destroyers for 20 seconds with radar the DD babies collectively lost their minds. Whaaaaa Whaaaaa Whaaaaa.....I am not invincible anymore. When German Hydro got introduced....whaaaaaaa whaaaaa whaaaaaa its not fair, battleship players have a chance to react to my torpedoes......whaaaaaaa whaaaaa whaaaaaa. The ONLY effective counter for DD's at launch was CV's and their ability to spot DD's that was it!

DD's are STILL the most influential ships in the game that are not CV's. Battleships are probably the least influential. Give me a team with three unicum DD players and 4 30% win rate battleships and I will stomp a team with four unicum battleship players and three 30% winrate Destroyers EVERY time. 

With the proliferation of rapid fire HE spam destroyers and light cruisers.....Battleship Nerf. IFHE.....battleship Nerf. AP Bombs.....battleship Nerf. Deep Water Torps......Battleship Nerf. Changing AP rules to limit AP damage to Destroyers to 10% of max damage...Battleship Nerf. The change of basic firing training from a one point skill to three point skill.......Battleship Nerf.

Wargaming has been doing everything they can to take away the battleships survivability and to curb their numbers. Name a single buff Battleships have gotten since launch, there isn't one. As a class Battleships are watered down so much compared to where they once were.

• Cool 15
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
74 posts
5,077 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

The differences is that when the game first released and was based on the rock, paper, scissors mechanic Destroyers were massively overpowered and God like in the hands of good players. Before radar there is no effective way for cruisers to counter Destroyers like they were supposed to. If the last two players in a match were a Destroyer vs Cruiser the destroyer wins 100% of the time unless he does something stupid. If the last two players in a match were a destroyer and a battleship the destroyer won 100% of the time...the battleship had no way to counter the destroyer. 

SO when Wargaming gave Cruisers the ability to counter Destroyers for 20 seconds with radar the DD babies collectively lost their minds. Whaaaaa Whaaaaa Whaaaaa.....I am not invincible anymore. When German Hydro got introduced....whaaaaaaa whaaaaa whaaaaaa its not fair, battleship players have a chance to react to my torpedoes......whaaaaaaa whaaaaa whaaaaaa. The ONLY effective counter for DD's at launch was CV's and their ability to spot DD's that was it!

DD's are STILL the most influential ships in the game that are not CV's. Battleships are probably the least influential. Give me a team with three unicum DD players and 4 30% win rate battleships and I will stomp a team with four unicum battleship players and three 30% winrate Destroyers EVERY time. 

With the proliferation of rapid fire HE spam destroyers and light cruisers.....Battleship Nerf. IFHE.....battleship Nerf. AP Bombs.....battleship Nerf. Deep Water Torps......Battleship Nerf. Changing AP rules to limit AP damage to Destroyers to 10% of max damage...Battleship Nerf. The change of basic firing training from a one point skill to three point skill.......Battleship Nerf.

Wargaming has been doing everything they can to take away the battleships survivability and to curb their numbers. Name a single buff Battleships have gotten since launch, there isn't one. As a class Battleships are watered down so much compared to where they once were.

You've just made a fairly solid argument for how overpowered battleships have been since the very beginning, and how hard it has been for wargaming to bring them back in line with their intended capability.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,193 posts
5,662 battles
7 minutes ago, Fruta_mala said:

You've just made a fairly solid argument for how overpowered battleships have been since the very beginning, and how hard it has been for wargaming to bring them back in line with their intended capability.

So you believe that the battleships role is supposed to sit there and let other ships farm damage off them with little ability to do anything about it than.

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
917 posts
6,285 battles
4 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Maybe WG sees things very differently than you do.  Maybe they see BBs as having too much survivability.  Maybe they want shorter matches.  Maybe they've come to the conclusion the players are already passive.  WG has been slowly but surely increasing offensive firepower, IFHE, 1/4 pen HE, AP bombs DWT, torp reload booster, and main battery reload booster.  Now they are making ships less survivable.  They have an agenda. 

WG has always wanted the game to be much faster paced with short match lengths.  That's not what the game is now, and they seem to be set on changing that.

This is similar to what they did in WoT years ago. Gold ammo negates the armor side of the armor/speed/firepower triangle so the only things worth playing become fast with great damage potential. They like it when matches are quick, means more matches played and more premium consumables bought. They don't want tanking as a viable strategy.

Alpha Tester
270 posts
6,021 battles

The operations channel in game is still bugged. Thank you WG.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles

Remember all those times you people complained that, "I hit some module and did 0 damage!"

Well, be careful what you ask for, you might just get it!

:Smile_veryhappy:

This change is exactly what you guys asked for.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PLUTO]
Members
56 posts
2,933 battles

I still think torpedo bulges shouldn't count as damage to the main HP pool. I mean, they're usually 32mm or less, and the french bbs are -super- squishy because of being covered in 32mm armor. I agreed that hits to turrets should do damage, that's fine. Hits to aa shouldn't do damage, but only if the shell is not instantly stopped (bad programming). If you hit an aa mount and then bounce off the deck armor... that's shouldn't do damage.

However! What about instead of doing HP damage when hitting torp bulges, you simply lower its effective torp protection?

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,689 posts
11,061 battles
4 hours ago, Belthorian said:

Wargaming has done almost what I would call a bait and switch. When this game came out it was called a tactical naval combat game based on history. They seem to have pivoted and are catering to the players with no attention span and want a fastest mouse click simulator. They seem like they want matches to last 5 minutes or less. The direction the game has been going for the last 6 months is probably the main reason why I uninstalled the game last week and cut back my spending by 99%. It is one of the main reasons why most of my friends who I played the game with left the game. This new shoot as fast as you can style may appeal to some, it just is not for me.

This is why I use the Harugamo now, its the fastest firing, breathing bb busting dd there is, and the game can be all over in under 5 minutes if you sit and smoke and wait for the torps, its like shoot from the hips.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,689 posts
11,061 battles
4 hours ago, silverdahc said:

suck it up and overcome and adapt 

Where have I heard this before

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,350 posts
3,558 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Image result for adapt and overcome

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,155 posts
3,867 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Just now, Cobraclutch said:

Image result for adapt and overcome

NQENcs9.gif

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
240 posts
4,078 battles
4 hours ago, Belthorian said:

Dear WG. 

Your most experienced and proven loyal player-base is being alienated by continued sprint away from historical gameplay. Perhaps you are looking at new player registrations and saying to yourselves, "wow we got three today, that is 150% increase to last month" and subsequently dreaming of the day for reaching 10 new player registrations in a single month. but, when your biggest promotion is word of mouth and your plans continue to alienate the established player base, then you must also update new player registration forecast models with an attrition factor.  

I have two more tiers to research I know you have made a bot captains, and the new scenarios are fun, but I prefer to play against real players. please help keep the established player-base healthy. 

k. thanks.

• Cool 3

[PLUTO]
Members
56 posts
2,933 battles
1 minute ago, skillztowin said:

Dear WG. 

Your most experienced and proven loyal player-base is being alienated by continued sprint away from historical gameplay. Perhaps you are looking at new player registrations and saying to yourselves, "wow we got three today, that is 150% increase to last month" and subsequently dreaming of the day for reaching 10 new player registrations in a single month. but, when your biggest promotion is word of mouth and your plans continue to alienate the established player base, then you must also update new player registration forecast models with an attrition factor.  

I have two more tiers to research I know you have made a bot captains, and the new scenarios are fun, but I prefer to play against real players. please help keep the established player-base healthy. 

k. thanks.

Historical gameplay? Are you in the right forums? It's an arcade game, and it's supposed to be balanced. One class is currently a bit too strong, so they're testing changes to it to keep it in line.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
240 posts
4,078 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Locke said:

Historical gameplay? Are you in the right forums? It's an arcade game, and it's supposed to be balanced. One class is currently a bit too strong, so they're testing changes to it to keep it in line.

yeah. your right in many ways. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,193 posts
5,662 battles
22 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Dear WG. 

k. thanks.

I created a sock puppet account to play in protected match making for new players to gage how many new players were joining the game. In prime time over 4 days in 26 of 28 battle I was the only live player on my team with 11 bots facing one live player and 11 bots. If these is so little new players coming into the game, the future is bleak for this game. Try it yourself...create a new account and play the first 12 levels in your service record in protected matchmaking. All the players with a : in front of their name are bots. You will not see more than one or two new players in a match.

• Cool 2

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,193 posts
5,662 battles
33 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

This is why I use the Harugamo now, its the fastest firing, breathing bb busting dd there is, and the game can be all over in under 5 minutes if you sit and smoke and wait for the torps, its like shoot from the hips.

I saw a video my Jingles where a captain had the Yamamoto captain and with the right build his reload time was 1.6 seconds. Any destroyer main who doesn't think that is stupidly overpowered is delusional.