Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
saintsfan1622000

Clan Battles season 4?

11 comments in this topic

Members
137 posts
8,941 battles

I see the dev bulletin went up today and it did not include any mentions of the next season of CBs. I understand this is likely just phase one of the test and a second phase may come next week. Have we heard any more about when season four starts? I'm assuming it will be in November's patch as they reset the clan tag colors recently. Season one ran from November to December 2017, season two from February to April 2018 and season three was June 30 to early August. So at that pace, we're due for another season soon.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,729 posts
11,353 battles

I have heard nothing. They don't generally tell us very far in advance though. 

Members
137 posts
8,941 battles
38 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I have heard nothing. They don't generally tell us very far in advance though. 

Yep. I really wish we'd get more notice. It's tough for clans to take count of who wants to play CBs, assign teams, hold scrimmages, etc. in less than a week. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,609 posts
13,245 battles
37 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Yep. I really wish we'd get more notice. It's tough for clans to take count of who wants to play CBs, assign teams, hold scrimmages, etc. in less than a week. 

Yeah would be so awesome if they actually  Could set up a true schedule I mean how hard is it to make a plan stick to it And we could all see it coming and know what to do instead of wondering all the time

[-K-]
Members
1,069 posts
7,137 battles

I assume they are waiting for the tests of the new Cross Server play to be completed.  I suspect that's going to be a big new feature for season 4, and they don't want to launch the season until they are confident in it.

[SALVO]
Members
16,670 posts
17,308 battles
25 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I assume they are waiting for the tests of the new Cross Server play to be completed.  I suspect that's going to be a big new feature for season 4, and they don't want to launch the season until they are confident in it.

Yes, this.  And given that new CBs and new Ranked seasons almost always start after a new update is released, I think we have some time.  Also, perhaps they've listened to the complaints about stacking Ranked and Clan Battles seasons too closely together, and how players need a little more time between these seasons to decompress and recharge their "batteries", so to speak. 

Personally, I wouldn't even mind if they held off the next Clan Battles season until after New Years, because I can imagine that it might get a bit dodgy trying to get full teams together during the holiday season.

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,303 battles

SoonTM.

I really hope it doesn't end up at T6, such a bad tier...

[CUTIE]
[CUTIE]
Members
168 posts
8,457 battles

This is total though not uninformed speculation but my thought is we'll either get CBs in 7.11 (with or without cross server play) or it will wait until 7.13 (8.0?). I strongly doubt they'd launch a season in holiday time. 

[-RNG-]
Members
114 posts
7,741 battles
1 hour ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

I really hope it doesn't end up at T6, such a bad tier...

Could be Tier IX...

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
133 posts
6,988 battles
1 hour ago, RightYouAreKen said:

It's not a simple task to get various servers to sync properly and also communicate well between four client builds, so more time will be needed to be sure the server hamsters are feed well. A lot of troubleshooting and table flipping by IT/Network engineers needs to be done to make something of this scale to work.

But I really don't understand Wargaming's logic when they started developing this game (and their other titles) by separating it into four client builds with each having it's own region server/database. It's much easier (and cost efficient) to have one client build that includes all the localization settings to support each regional language they want to make their client support. Making four client builds just increases the QA testing phase process to check if every belt and whistle is ticking before releasing the build, and the likelihood of an issue to slip by.

It also doesn't help matchmaking when the community is split apart and limited based on local authentication/database servers per region.

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,303 battles
8 hours ago, Botcha said:

Could be Tier IX...

Better than T6.

Sign in to follow this