You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
snakes3425

Tsarist/Imperial vs. Soviet

Which Battleships are Better   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which era has the better ships over all the Tsarist/Imperial or the Soviet Red Navy

• Tsarist/Imperial
    • Soviet Red Navy

6 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
73 battles

Question to pose is which ships would you consider better the Tsarist/Imperial ships or the Soviet Red Navy Ships 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

The Imperial Russian Navy is better in that its ships were real, saw actual combat and have alot of history dating back to Peter the Great. The Soviet Navy is better in drawing ships on paper, nothing more.

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
1 hour ago, Wolcott said:

The Imperial Russian Navy is better in that its ships were real, saw actual combat and have alot of history dating back to Peter the Great. The Soviet Navy is better in drawing ships on paper, nothing more.

Yeah Stalin was far more interested in Land based combat capabilitie which made sense for the the Soviet Union. Only coastal defense ships were deeemed to be needed so they did not really have a war fleet until the Cold War.

[MOH]
Members
194 posts
1,152 battles

I'll take both for a complete Russian battleship line, please!  :D

Oh, and a complete Italian line, too.

Thanks Wargaming!!!

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,670 battles

We will have to see what the Russian BB line brings. A 3x3 457mm 1000+m/s muzzle velocity 1000mm+ penetration short fuse improved autobounce railgun bunker with 2000 meter turning radius?

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,602 posts
14,017 battles

For most of the tiers it's going to be of Imperial Russian ships in origin that will make up the Russian BB Line.  So much so, that I believe that only Tier IX-X will be original Soviet ships.  I can see old Imperial-era stuff getting refits.  It's going to be strange.

Gangut-class, commissioned 1914-1915.

Imperatritsa Mariya-class commissioned at the same time.

Imperator Nikolai I has origins from this same time frame.

There are no new Russian Battleship designs between these ships and the Sovetsky Soyuz-class of the late 1930s.  WG is going to milk these Imperial-era ships for Tier III-V, to include refits.  It will be interesting to see what WG makes up for Tier VI-VIII, because if you look at the Sovetsky Soyuz-class, it screams Tier IX.  Okt.Rev in Tier V is already a refitted Gangut-class.  There's going to be a lot of paper here.  Sovetsky Soyuz for Tier IX I cut a lot of slack because the Soviets were actually building them, but for Tier VI-VIII and X, it's going to be all paper or super-duper levels of paper refits.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway