Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

BB damage issues/problems?

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,505 posts
7,927 battles

Hey

Im curious if anyone else is having issues the BB guns doing very subpar damage; it seems that it doesn't matter what tier, but I am averaging about 2-3 overpens and ricochets to each pens, and may times I get full pens but almost no damage.  I ram the GK with 420's in two games and couldn't get 50K each game, both had 14 pens and the rest garbage.  Same for the Mo. today, one game was about 60K and the other about 90K but only because of 3 cit's on a Yammie.   Played the Republique and got 4 pens and 15 garbage hits, had a broadside Hindy at 5km shot a waterline shot, all 8 shells fell short in the water (wth).  The last 3-4 days have been insane for garbage.  Really makes one want to quit on the game.  And yet in clan battles I could easily get 100-170K 4-5 times out of maybe a dozen games.   I don't get what is going on here but it's all with BB's, across all tiers, can't break a 100K to save my life, can't kill anything even cruisers.  Not like I haven't played enough to know how to aim.  Frustration is maxing out.

Pete

• Cool 2

[KENT]
Members
562 posts
3,940 battles

most likely what your getting are non-dmg pens, damage saturation kicking in, external modules absorbing the dmg and/or the "wonders" of BB RNG

I also suggest you watch these videos for your answer: 

[MOH]
Members
188 posts
1,133 battles
9 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Im curious if anyone else is having issues the BB guns doing very subpar damage; it seems that it doesn't matter what tier, but I am averaging about 2-3 overpens and ricochets to each pens, and may times I get full pens but almost no damage.  I ram the GK with 420's in two games and couldn't get 50K each game, both had 14 pens and the rest garbage.  Same for the Mo. today, one game was about 60K and the other about 90K but only because of 3 cit's on a Yammie.   Played the Republique and got 4 pens and 15 garbage hits, had a broadside Hindy at 5km shot a waterline shot, all 8 shells fell short in the water (wth).  The last 3-4 days have been insane for garbage.  Really makes one want to quit on the game.  And yet in clan battles I could easily get 100-170K 4-5 times out of maybe a dozen games.   I don't get what is going on here but it's all with BB's, across all tiers, can't break a 100K to save my life, can't kill anything even cruisers.  Not like I haven't played enough to know how to aim.  Frustration is maxing out.

Pete

I think we all go through some slight ups and downs in terms of our individual performance.  For myself, I just go back to the basics and just try and have fun.  I might try a new strategy just for the heck of it, or make an aggressive move that I otherwise wouldn't normally play.  If you handle this right, it's actually slumps like this that ultimately make you a better player.  It's perfectly common and normal to repeat the same steps over and over when they work.  When they stop working though, that's when you have to try new things.  They get you out of your box a little bit.  :)

[WSP]
Beta Testers
69 posts
2,730 battles

Yeah I have been getting mostly overpens on my targets, regardless of ship type or angle of my target. It's getting to the point I am starting to think WG is tired of hearing about citadels and wants even more BB he spam.

[MOH]
Members
188 posts
1,133 battles
12 hours ago, GritiTheOdd said:

Yeah I have been getting mostly overpens on my targets, regardless of ship type or angle of my target. It's getting to the point I am starting to think WG is tired of hearing about citadels and wants even more BB he spam.

Don't victimize yourself over this lol.

[RNDM]
Members
93 posts
2,597 battles

I don't normally play a lot of BB but this is my most recent BB game and either RNGesus was with me or the only issue is how easy it is to delete stuff with a BB. Devstrike on a Bismarck from 19km not a detonation. And people say the CO is bad?

image.thumb.png.183c7ab80107485ae7c1cfa3e4f8e0b6.png

Members
1,505 posts
7,927 battles

Hey

Don't get me wrong; you can still get great games, I set a new personal best about 2 weeks ago.  But the day in/day out game play in a BB, I'm seeing more overpens and ricochets than ever before to the rate of around 3 to 1.  Just wait and see what happens when they limit the BB/DD pen issue and see how many DD's just start yoloing BB's since they know the damage will be very limited, long reloads, and BB dispersion, not to mention RNG.  But hey, it's all called "balancing" isn't it.

Pete

[70]
Members
961 posts
3,691 battles

BBs are apparently incapable of citting cruisers since the latest patch.

I've considered giving up on shooting broadside cruisers since citadels are apparently no longer a thing.

The utterly worthless agility, absurd weakness to fires, and general useless of the guns for anything except making big splashes around targets has been convincing me that the whole class is no longer worth bothering with and that I should go back to my preferred class of cruisers.

[FARQD]
Members
203 posts
3,465 battles

I also have noticed these problems, it seems significantly harder to get solid penetrations in every aspect. I am getting more bounce/broken shots, more misses, more over pens, and more "dud" penetrations. Game is very hard to play right now for BB players i feel. Use to be able to consistently get 100k on broadsides, now lucky to get 4k. WG plz fix asap.

[70]
Members
961 posts
3,691 battles
10 minutes ago, Legendary_Engram said:

I also have noticed these problems, it seems significantly harder to get solid penetrations in every aspect. I am getting more bounce/broken shots, more misses, more over pens, and more "dud" penetrations. Game is very hard to play right now for BB players i feel. Use to be able to consistently get 100k on broadsides, now lucky to get 4k. WG plz fix asap.

Unless you're a Conqueror.

I just had a game with 3x Conq on enemy team. In a platoon.

Yeah no. Until BB fire duration is nerfhammered down to 30 seconds, BB guns stop being useless, and/or maximum platoon size is reduced to 2, I'm never playing PVP in this game again. PVE or nothing. Probably nothing.

The sheer hopelessness of BB guns as of this patch have finally convinced me it's time to give up because it's been more than obvious for more than long enough that the balancing department don't have a wooden nickel of a clue what they're doing.

Edited by Guardian54

Members
1,505 posts
7,927 battles

Hey

Just wait until Wargaming comes out with the BB Nerfed AP on destroyers; they are hard enough to hit as it is, and I play all 3 classes of ships.

Pete

Sign in to follow this