Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

BB damage issues/problems?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,596 posts
8,722 battles

Hey

Im curious if anyone else is having issues the BB guns doing very subpar damage; it seems that it doesn't matter what tier, but I am averaging about 2-3 overpens and ricochets to each pens, and may times I get full pens but almost no damage.  I ram the GK with 420's in two games and couldn't get 50K each game, both had 14 pens and the rest garbage.  Same for the Mo. today, one game was about 60K and the other about 90K but only because of 3 cit's on a Yammie.   Played the Republique and got 4 pens and 15 garbage hits, had a broadside Hindy at 5km shot a waterline shot, all 8 shells fell short in the water (wth).  The last 3-4 days have been insane for garbage.  Really makes one want to quit on the game.  And yet in clan battles I could easily get 100-170K 4-5 times out of maybe a dozen games.   I don't get what is going on here but it's all with BB's, across all tiers, can't break a 100K to save my life, can't kill anything even cruisers.  Not like I haven't played enough to know how to aim.  Frustration is maxing out.

 

Pete

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[KENT]
Members
570 posts
4,319 battles

most likely what your getting are non-dmg pens, damage saturation kicking in, external modules absorbing the dmg and/or the "wonders" of BB RNG

 

I also suggest you watch these videos for your answer: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[MOH]
Members
301 posts
1,467 battles
9 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Im curious if anyone else is having issues the BB guns doing very subpar damage; it seems that it doesn't matter what tier, but I am averaging about 2-3 overpens and ricochets to each pens, and may times I get full pens but almost no damage.  I ram the GK with 420's in two games and couldn't get 50K each game, both had 14 pens and the rest garbage.  Same for the Mo. today, one game was about 60K and the other about 90K but only because of 3 cit's on a Yammie.   Played the Republique and got 4 pens and 15 garbage hits, had a broadside Hindy at 5km shot a waterline shot, all 8 shells fell short in the water (wth).  The last 3-4 days have been insane for garbage.  Really makes one want to quit on the game.  And yet in clan battles I could easily get 100-170K 4-5 times out of maybe a dozen games.   I don't get what is going on here but it's all with BB's, across all tiers, can't break a 100K to save my life, can't kill anything even cruisers.  Not like I haven't played enough to know how to aim.  Frustration is maxing out.

 

Pete

I think we all go through some slight ups and downs in terms of our individual performance.  For myself, I just go back to the basics and just try and have fun.  I might try a new strategy just for the heck of it, or make an aggressive move that I otherwise wouldn't normally play.  If you handle this right, it's actually slumps like this that ultimately make you a better player.  It's perfectly common and normal to repeat the same steps over and over when they work.  When they stop working though, that's when you have to try new things.  They get you out of your box a little bit.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[WSP]
Beta Testers
73 posts
2,867 battles

Yeah I have been getting mostly overpens on my targets, regardless of ship type or angle of my target. It's getting to the point I am starting to think WG is tired of hearing about citadels and wants even more BB he spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[MOH]
Members
301 posts
1,467 battles
12 hours ago, GritiTheOdd said:

Yeah I have been getting mostly overpens on my targets, regardless of ship type or angle of my target. It's getting to the point I am starting to think WG is tired of hearing about citadels and wants even more BB he spam.

Don't victimize yourself over this lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[RNDM]
Members
130 posts
3,130 battles

I don't normally play a lot of BB but this is my most recent BB game and either RNGesus was with me or the only issue is how easy it is to delete stuff with a BB. Devstrike on a Bismarck from 19km not a detonation. And people say the CO is bad?

image.thumb.png.183c7ab80107485ae7c1cfa3e4f8e0b6.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,596 posts
8,722 battles

Hey

Don't get me wrong; you can still get great games, I set a new personal best about 2 weeks ago.  But the day in/day out game play in a BB, I'm seeing more overpens and ricochets than ever before to the rate of around 3 to 1.  Just wait and see what happens when they limit the BB/DD pen issue and see how many DD's just start yoloing BB's since they know the damage will be very limited, long reloads, and BB dispersion, not to mention RNG.  But hey, it's all called "balancing" isn't it.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[70]
Members
997 posts
4,092 battles

BBs are apparently incapable of citting cruisers since the latest patch.

I've considered giving up on shooting broadside cruisers since citadels are apparently no longer a thing.

 

The utterly worthless agility, absurd weakness to fires, and general useless of the guns for anything except making big splashes around targets has been convincing me that the whole class is no longer worth bothering with and that I should go back to my preferred class of cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[FARQD]
Members
204 posts
3,967 battles

I also have noticed these problems, it seems significantly harder to get solid penetrations in every aspect. I am getting more bounce/broken shots, more misses, more over pens, and more "dud" penetrations. Game is very hard to play right now for BB players i feel. Use to be able to consistently get 100k on broadsides, now lucky to get 4k. WG plz fix asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[70]
Members
997 posts
4,092 battles
10 minutes ago, Legendary_Engram said:

I also have noticed these problems, it seems significantly harder to get solid penetrations in every aspect. I am getting more bounce/broken shots, more misses, more over pens, and more "dud" penetrations. Game is very hard to play right now for BB players i feel. Use to be able to consistently get 100k on broadsides, now lucky to get 4k. WG plz fix asap.

Unless you're a Conqueror.

I just had a game with 3x Conq on enemy team. In a platoon.

Yeah no. Until BB fire duration is nerfhammered down to 30 seconds, BB guns stop being useless, and/or maximum platoon size is reduced to 2, I'm never playing PVP in this game again. PVE or nothing. Probably nothing.

 

The sheer hopelessness of BB guns as of this patch have finally convinced me it's time to give up because it's been more than obvious for more than long enough that the balancing department don't have a wooden nickel of a clue what they're doing.

Edited by Guardian54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,596 posts
8,722 battles

Hey

This game is starting to get really aggravating. Nothing but BB garbage hits these days even on broadside BB, cruisers, it makes no difference. Tracked a game with the FDG (420's). 37 target hits: 24 overpens, 7 pens, 1 broken shell, 5 ricochets. 61866 damage sank 2 ships. Ran the GK (420's) before that; 52 target hits: 17 overpens, 19 pens, 4 broken shells, 12 ricochets. 94,588 damage. Alabama 55 target hits: 16 overpens, 18 pens, 3 broken shells, 19 ricochets, 72173 damage. The shear number of overpens and ricochets is stupid. I realize your not always going to have the best angles you want, shot placement, etc. But given me a break., and it's only BB's that I see this problem. Some of these shots were on broadside ships (BB's) 10-15 km and cruisers some of which were around 10 km, which should have been pens. Did they nerf the BB's guns and not tell anyone? Or is this an attempt to dial in BB damage that some people have been complaining about; but it's done in a way to not tick of the BB player base.  All I know it's worse than it used to be, something has changed and just blaming RNG just doesn't cut it anymore.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,596 posts
8,722 battles

Hey

Just had a game in the Richelieu with a near broadside Graf Spee sitting stationary about 5-6 km from me and I fire all guns loaded with AP and what do I get, 1 over pen, nothing more.  This game is turning to garbage with all of this BB over pens and ricochets.   It's not worth playing anymore, just too damn inconsistent to have any fun.  Seems like they nerf'd the BB AP pen on DD's, force you to switch to HE, OK, but then you shoot a DD and get 5-6 pens of HE but no fires, he still has 3/4 of his health.  There is no ability to one shot anything anymore, rarely does it happen.   So much for rewarding decent aiming; oh I still get my share of 100K+ games but this game is about run it's course for fun.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,182
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,910 posts
15,363 battles

Battleships are what I use to relax and have a good time, not have to worry about too many issues.

 

Wonky gunnery is the price Battleships pay for their supreme staying power.

Cruisers get their accuracy but the price they pay is survivability.

 

It's game balance folks.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[-DWP-]
Members
3 posts
653 battles
20 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Battleships are what I use to relax and have a good time, not have to worry about too many issues.

 

Wonky gunnery is the price Battleships pay for their supreme staying power.

Cruisers get their accuracy but the price they pay is survivability.

 

It's game balance folks.

Except to get money and XP in the game (at least as a good BB or CV), you have to be able to deal damage. Many times in higher tier games I see CAs and DDs at the top of the scoreboards at the end of each match, because they can score much more consistent damage (by constant accurate shelling and fires, and through torpedoes, respectively).

You say Battleships have survivability and staying power, but often times they're easily chewed up from focus fire and literal fires (that really bite because of long durations and the mechanic of damage by health percentage).

If you believe in game balance, then why don't the developers either make BBs feel like they have armor and HP, or increase the accuracy/sigma of their main guns while decreasing overall damage, so that there's more equal gain between the three classes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[FARQD]
Members
204 posts
3,967 battles
23 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Battleships are what I use to relax and have a good time, not have to worry about too many issues.

 

Wonky gunnery is the price Battleships pay for their supreme staying power.

Cruisers get their accuracy but the price they pay is survivability.

 

It's game balance folks.

Oh please, this game was balanced, but i guess because cruiser players cried when they got deleted after showing their sides, they hugely nerfed AP,  after the "AP nerf" I almost cant play BBs entirely, my aim has not changed at all, its just now they rate of overpens is absurd and sometimes i will get penetrations that straight up do 0 dmg, i guess RNG now accounts for duds... same thing when i play cruisers, i will show broadsides to a BB and they only do a few thousand dmg. The game was balanced before, now it is arguably in its most inbalanced state ever (and i've had this game since before their were 2 CV lines so i lived through the times when DDs could shoot from beyond detection range) BBs, with perhaps the exception of the Brits are almost entirely unplayable in a realistic sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,596 posts
8,722 battles
1 hour ago, Legendary_Engram said:

Oh please, this game was balanced, but i guess because cruiser players cried when they got deleted after showing their sides, they hugely nerfed AP,  after the "AP nerf" I almost cant play BBs entirely, my aim has not changed at all, its just now they rate of overpens is absurd and sometimes i will get penetrations that straight up do 0 dmg, i guess RNG now accounts for duds... same thing when i play cruisers, i will show broadsides to a BB and they only do a few thousand dmg. The game was balanced before, now it is arguably in its most inbalanced state ever (and i've had this game since before their were 2 CV lines so i lived through the times when DDs could shoot from beyond detection range) BBs, with perhaps the exception of the Brits are almost entirely unplayable in a realistic sense.

Hey

I have to agree; the sheer number of over pens and ricochets average about 3 to 1 in normal play these days, then add the shear number of dispersion misses and it's ridiculous; and I started with BB's.  Then now you also have to add the shear number of HE spam into the mix, the fact that cruiser have their rate of fire and now BB's are no longer as much fun to play.  Doesn't sound like balance, nor fun.  Just take the time at the end of each BB game and look at your total target hits and see what the ratio's are for Pens, Over Pens, broken shells.  Not to mention gone are the days of devastating strikes, nor DD killing even with HE.  

 

Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[-TBP-]
Members
35 posts
3,451 battles

I agree  too. It's become absurd the amount of over-pens, ricochets, shatters etc against even cruisers sometimes. Even 15 in. shells are getting over-pens or ricochets against broadsiding ships at close range to the point it harder to brawl anymore. My Bismarck had a Kaba at 2.5 km all 8 guns shot right at him for 7 misses and 1 over-pen in return i got 8 torps and died while he left at about the same health he had before. I play some DDs too and it is easier to yolo BBs now for sure and still have a chance to sail away from it. But this inconsistent BB damage is killing me for sure especially cause im usually low tier in my Alsace or Bismarck. The AP is useless at range and even close up its less dangerous than it used to be to any ship not just DDs. Hell i have CVs bouncing AP shells now off their deck and sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,182
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,910 posts
15,363 battles
6 hours ago, mtboy6698 said:

Except to get money and XP in the game (at least as a good BB or CV), you have to be able to deal damage. Many times in higher tier games I see CAs and DDs at the top of the scoreboards at the end of each match, because they can score much more consistent damage (by constant accurate shelling and fires, and through torpedoes, respectively).

You say Battleships have survivability and staying power, but often times they're easily chewed up from focus fire and literal fires (that really bite because of long durations and the mechanic of damage by health percentage).

If you believe in game balance, then why don't the developers either make BBs feel like they have armor and HP, or increase the accuracy/sigma of their main guns while decreasing overall damage, so that there's more equal gain between the three classes? 

You really think BBs have no staying power?

 

Go play more Destroyers and especially Cruisers.  I freaking dare ya.

 

See how that sh*t is like in Emerald, Omaha, Schors, an IJN CA, etc.  See how it's like trying to be a "Team Player" of a DD poking around the caps and getting spotted by Radar, other DDs, aircraft, and getting focus fired from your 12k HP.

 

Nobody takes BB players seriously because you guys have no idea what's really going on out there.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×