Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GenericName404

PSA: Halloween Crates are not worth it.

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[-504-]
Members
1 post
1,634 battles

Just a heads up to you all, this years Halloween crates are not worth it after opening 40 crates i got the Z-23 Camo and 2 other permanent Camos 25,000 free XP and a bunch of ok regular Camos.  Defiantly not nearly as good as last years.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[NOBS]
Members
464 posts
5,334 battles

Also disappointed with the Halloween crates, so I'm back to great 8 crates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,822 posts
3,502 battles

got all the ones from ops, not permas...just the regular camos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Members
19 posts
22,306 battles

Kinda like playing a $5.00 a spin slot machine where you are no longer allowed to roll 777.....The lack of value in the rewards this year is pathetic. I hope this is NOT going to be repeated at XMAS.

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,170 battles
5 minutes ago, coffin_cheater said:

They do state what the containers contain when buying..theres and old saying......

But not drop rates which were fantastic last year: all perma camos and about 25k doubloons in duplicates for around $100 or so.

Edit: personal results, not necessarily statistical.

Edited by SmokeHenge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[WOLF2]
Members
1,068 posts
12,832 battles
7 hours ago, ChampionsVA56 said:

Kinda like playing a $5.00 a spin slot machine where you are no longer allowed to roll 777.....The lack of value in the rewards this year is pathetic. I hope this is NOT going to be repeated at XMAS.

 

^ This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
371 posts
3,469 battles

The crates are a slot machine, which is fair given what you can get. You have an equal chance at getting the good stuff as you do the common stuff.

For example, I purchased 20 crates yesterday and got 100,000 free XP, Permanent Halloween camo Tirpitz, Nassau, Z-23, Shokaku, Kagero, St.Louis (I think?) and Charles Martel (all ships I don't own btw) plus a 10 Point Captain Mission, and a bunch of regular camos.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
640
[MIA-A]
Members
1,938 posts
6,542 battles
28 minutes ago, SirMuttonChops said:

The crates are a slot machine, which is fair given what you can get. You have an equal chance at getting the good stuff as you do the common stuff.

For example, I purchased 20 crates yesterday and got 100,000 free XP, Permanent Halloween camo Tirpitz, Nassau, Z-23, Shokaku, Kagero, St.Louis (I think?) and Charles Martel (all ships I don't own btw) plus a 10 Point Captain Mission, and a bunch of regular camos.

 

Until there have been hundreds or thousands of crates opened, this is a massive "citation needed" claim.

Only WG knows the exact formula to determine the crate contents. It could be 20% or 60% "good stuff." Anecdotal experiences aren't really enough to definitively say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
371 posts
3,469 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Until there have been hundreds or thousands of crates opened, this is a massive "citation needed" claim.

Only WG knows the exact formula to determine the crate contents. It could be 20% or 60% "good stuff." Anecdotal experiences aren't really enough to definitively say that.

That's true, but just going off my crates, it appears I had a good split between "good" rewards and "common" reward.

If we consider 25,000 free xp a "good" reward as well as the permanent camos, my haul was pretty much split right down the middle of 10 "good" and 10 "common", if not favouring the "good" just slightly.

Of course being random, some people will have worse hauls while some will have better. But I think if you took 1000 people and had them open 20 crates each, the number of "good" rewards will be even or close to even with the "common" rewards, even if the distribution amongst the people isn't.

Remember, and this isn't an attack or anything, I mentioned "an equal chance" to get the "good" rewards, not necessarily an equal outcome of getting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
640
[MIA-A]
Members
1,938 posts
6,542 battles
18 minutes ago, SirMuttonChops said:

That's true, but just going off my crates, it appears I had a good split between "good" rewards and "common" reward.

If we consider 25,000 free xp a "good" reward as well as the permanent camos, my haul was pretty much split right down the middle of 10 "good" and 10 "common", if not favouring the "good" just slightly.

Of course being random, some people will have worse hauls while some will have better. But I think if you took 1000 people and had them open 20 crates each, the number of "good" rewards will be even or close to even with the "common" rewards, even if the distribution amongst the people isn't.

Remember, and this isn't an attack or anything, I mentioned "an equal chance" to get the "good" rewards, not necessarily an equal outcome of getting them.

I mean... this isn't how statistics work.

You only have 20 crates worth of information. Generalizing that to be the same percentage that you'd see in 1000 crates is a very strong assumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
83
[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
387 posts
6,149 battles

Bought 40 crates with sub, GOT : Noblium (Lex), Varg (Bis), Magnus-s (tirp),  steel rat ( z23), skin for charles martel ( pharaoh 1), and 1 more I dont remeber, 75k free exp, and tons of camo

Bottom line? I nailed the loot i wanted fro 120 bucks

Now I have around 10 halloween camo in total ( this includes what i got last year from crates)... OUT of 15 camo got 10.. Still missing the Rasputin, Svyatazor, Urashima, Octopus and Kiev camo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[SIM]
Members
2,415 posts
4,055 battles

You know, it would be nice if each perma-camo also came with a mission to unlock the accompanying ship (or its credit value if you already have it in port). I don’t have most of the perma-camo ships in these crates, so they’re a complete non-starter of a purchase for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,219 posts
30 minutes ago, Akashi_Nyan said:

Bought 40 crates with sub, GOT : Noblium (Lex), Varg (Bis), Magnus-s (tirp),  steel rat ( z23), skin for charles martel ( pharaoh 1), and 1 more I dont remeber, 75k free exp, and tons of camo

Bottom line? I nailed the loot i wanted fro 120 bucks

Now I have around 10 halloween camo in total ( this includes what i got last year from crates)... OUT of 15 camo got 10.. Still missing the Rasputin, Svyatazor, Urashima, Octopus and Kiev camo

Rasputin was sold last year for 3000 gold thingies.  It wasn't a drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[AK]
Beta Testers
331 posts
9,020 battles

40 crates here: 5000 dubloons, 150k fxps, all the new camos/missions. boat load of flags. I am okay with my purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×