You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Odiumvex

RN DD Line is weird (New DD player)

6 comments in this topic

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1 post
1,269 battles

Soo I feel something broken happened with all the Super testers and youtubers beta testing RN DD, it feels they use pro players data testing to base if something needs to change or not. The Lightning feels amazing to me. I've been learning DD life non stop because of this ship and enjoying it! I then decided to work my [edited]of to get up to the Daring but Jutland gave me abit of an oh no type of feeling and yeahhh the Darling is just not feeling right. In my Lightning I have only played 36 games but have a 67 percent win rate..shes actually one of my best top end ships i play with. While I've only played 8 games with my Daring ...I have won 0 games...like slaughters..not even a close game. If they insist in giving a heal ability at least make it a British like heal..the amount you heal is pointless..id rather have the stealth back from the Lightning then. Idk most of my experience is in BBs and even if i saw a DD heal up a sliver...i wouldn't even notice. 

Im curious if other people are experiencing something similar or maybe your more experienced to make it work.

[AR15]
Members
403 posts
2,779 battles
4 minutes ago, Odiumvex said:

Soo I feel something broken happened with all the Super testers and youtubers beta testing RN DD, it feels they use pro players data testing to base if something needs to change or not. The Lightning feels amazing to me. I've been learning DD life non stop because of this ship and enjoying it! I then decided to work my [edited]of to get up to the Daring but Jutland gave me abit of an oh no type of feeling and yeahhh the Darling is just not feeling right. In my Lightning I have only played 36 games but have a 67 percent win rate..shes actually one of my best top end ships i play with. While I've only played 8 games with my Daring ...I have won 0 games...like slaughters..not even a close game. If they insist in giving a heal ability at least make it a British like heal..the amount you heal is pointless..id rather have the stealth back from the Lightning then. Idk most of my experience is in BBs and even if i saw a DD heal up a sliver...i wouldn't even notice. 

Im curious if other people are experiencing something similar or maybe your more experienced to make it work.

Super testers and CC range in skill.  Not all of them are super high stats most are just average some out right bad, wg does this so they have a mix of high and low skill players and run of the mill ones.   Not all ships click with us, there are plenty of 'bad ships' that people like and plenty of good ships people hate.   Even some super uni super testers cant make things like the La Terrible work for them while other people love the ship, everyones different.

In world of tanks among my friends I was known for loving 'bad tanks', I could just make some tanks sing and dance for me while my friends couldnt.   The FV4202 when it was a T10 my clan hated it, I loved it as I learned how to juke people and auto bounce shells off my upper plate.   Its also one of the few tanks I broke 10,500 dmg in a single game in more then once, still have those screen shots.  My clan hated it because it was 'slow', I told them so many times 'but it accelerates fast and climbs hills at full speed' so many times it became a meme with them.  I gave a few of my buddies a break down of how i made the FV work so well and by the end of it they were almost as good with it as I was.   I converted them into loving the FV so much we were all pissed when it got turned into a T8 that really was slow.

So dont give up just yet, you might learn a thing or two and come to really love the Daring.

Edited by JToney3449
  • Cool 1

[DENY]
Members
303 posts
4,438 battles

Daring is fine in 97 game played with I got nearly 58% win rate with average of 68k damage , they just don't play the same as other DD line ,  from t8 to t10 they play the same

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,254 posts
8,815 battles

My experience with the RN DD's is you run around like a rabid chihuahua and nip at everyone's heals. Unlike other ships they lose very little speed while turning as long as they are at full speed.

[ENDVR]
Members
371 posts
5,223 battles

Daring is a full departure from the Lightning with the Jutland trying to act like a bridge: expect some teething issues and expect that you may just not be happy with the Daring due to your enjoyment of the Lightning.

That being said, it’s very likely that if you succeed with the Daring, your Lightning game will improve, you just have to shelve the Lightning until that happens.

Personally, I expect the Jutland will be my “T10” RNDD in the end, but will give the Daring a run when I’m not dead on my feet enough to hunker down and play more Jutland.

[DENY]
Members
303 posts
4,438 battles
1 hour ago, SmokeHenge said:

Daring is a full departure from the Lightning with the Jutland trying to act like a bridge: expect some teething issues and expect that you may just not be happy with the Daring due to your enjoyment of the Lightning.

That being said, it’s very likely that if you succeed with the Daring, your Lightning game will improve, you just have to shelve the Lightning until that happens.

Personally, I expect the Jutland will be my “T10” RNDD in the end, but will give the Daring a run when I’m not dead on my feet enough to hunker down and play more Jutland.

Once you get used to that Daka Daka you don't go back