You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vorlonagent

If I buy the 15-point Alexander Ovechkin...

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
37 posts
2,286 battles

If I fork over the $50 USD for the 15-point Alexander Ovechkin in the Premium store, what happens to the 10-point Alexander Ovechkin I just unlocked in-game when his 15-point big brother hits my account?

Edited by vorlonagent

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
159 posts
1,515 battles

He says “Hello, brother”.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
387 posts
3,334 battles

Triplets.  I have the US and the RU captain.  Not as good as a dual purpose 15 pointer but still handy.  $50 seems like a lot of money for a captain.  15 points and dual country is a nice added bonus, but 10 point special captains have been in the $15 range.  If you do get him, please let us know his value.

Thanks,

CS

[WOLF9]
Members
30 posts
3,316 battles
3 hours ago, CourierV90 said:

Where is this deal? Can't find him in the premium store.

He’s still there.  You have to be logged in to see your special offers.  Once you are logged in, go to the “specials” tab.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
8,034 battles
4 hours ago, vorlonagent said:

If I fork over the $50 USD for the 15-point Alexander Ovechkin in the Premium store, what happens to the 10-point Alexander Ovechkin I just unlocked in-game when his 15-point big brother hits my account?

If you read the fine print it says you recieve 12,500g as compensation.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/8459/

[KAPPA]
Members
150 posts
4,225 battles
9 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

If you read the fine print it says you recieve 12,500g as compensation.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/8459/

I'm 90% sure that's if you already own the 15 point commander, not the 10's, which are different commanders entirely. You can get him in the crates, so you can end up with multiple potentially. ...Hmm... I wonder if that means you get 12.5k doubloons each time you get a double of him? No wonder the containers are pricy if so... ...Then again, it's a mission, so I guess you can only get him once from a container? Still, that's a potential for getting him twice either way.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
8,034 battles
7 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I'm 90% sure that's if you already own the 15 point commander, not the 10's, which are different commanders entirely. You can get him in the crates, so you can end up with multiple potentially. ...Hmm... I wonder if that means you get 12.5k doubloons each time you get a double of him? No wonder the containers are pricy if so... ...Then again, it's a mission, so I guess you can only get him once from a container? Still, that's a potential for getting him twice either way.

It wouldn't make sense to base whether or not its the same commander if one had mire points than the other since its supposed to be the same dude. Unlike Jack dunkirk and burt dunkirk the dude in the shppe is the same dude in game. Either or its your money; i think WG's policy is a refund if you don't use it once.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
387 posts
3,334 battles
50 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

It is my understanding that this is correct.  They are all DIFFERENT captains.  You pay $50 to get the 15/8 and you get another in a mission, the mission pays out doubloon value instead.  If you have either 10/8, the deal does not apply.

There is a US 10 and a RU 10 and a dual country 15.  All different.  A 15 from a purchase and a 15 from a mission IS the same captain hence the exchange to doubloons.

Edited by Captain_Slattery