You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

Do Halloween crates give dubs for duplicate camos?

11 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles

Last year, Halloween crates (which were cheaper...) gave doubloons for duplicate camos. This year, all I see is this from here - https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/customizations/8575/

Please note the following: you can receive each permanent camouflage from the containers only once per account.

Does this mean that you would not ever receive a duplicate camo and thus no doubloons?

The wording isn't clear to me and I'm not about to buy $90 worth of crates to find out.

[BEERS]
Members
38 posts
5,494 battles

From some of the replies, it seems that the only doubloons you get are if you get the roll for the 2500. Unknown what the box does if you get to the point of having ALL available camos

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles
3 minutes ago, Burninator_USAF said:

From some of the replies, it seems that the only doubloons you get are if you get the roll for the 2500. Unknown what the box does if you get to the point of having ALL available camos

Yeah, that's the situation I'm caring about. I have all the ones from last year and got the Mogami one in a free crate.

I wonder if I'd be limited to the few I don't have if I bought the 40 pack and not get any duplicates. Last year I bought some crates and got a good number of duplicates which gave a lot of doubloons.

[EREKT]
Members
752 posts
5,761 battles

I bet it won't roll something you already have?

Christmas crates started doing that... Kind of troubling that it's looking at what you already have, hopefully the urge to manipulate isn't there.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles
Just now, HorrorRoach said:

I bet it won't roll something you already have?

That's what I'd be worried about. I don't really need more of those Halloween camos that's for sure...

[BUOY]
Members
138 posts
7,658 battles

If you want Halloween camos and don't have many / any of them, this is a good deal since it seems the drop rates are nearly the same as last year. If you DO have most all of them / have no interest in them, this is a bad deal since they closed the 'loophole' just as they did for duplicate ships and the 2500 dubs drop seems to be 1-2% from the results I've seen... :Smile_sad:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
7,354 battles

If they make this change for the Xmas crates with ship drops, I for one won't purchase any of them. I know why they're doing it, they're in essence forcing people to pay out more for dubs. I get it, I just don't agree with it, like I don't agree with most of what they've done in 2017/2018.

• Cool 2

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles

4 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

If they make this change for the Xmas crates with ship drops, I for one won't purchase any of them. I know why they're doing it, they're in essence forcing people to pay out more for dubs. I get it, I just don't agree with it, like I don't agree with most of what they've done in 2017/2018.

Yeahhh... I spent money on both Halloween and Christmas last year that will not be repeated, it seems.

• Cool 2

Members
504 posts
2,828 battles

no so if you get all the event perma camo it just rng re-rolls and gives you camo packs or a very small chance at 2500 gold or fxp. Essentially they're a terrible value unless you specifically want the permanent camos.

Edited by ksix

[FARQD]
Members
305 posts
5,881 battles
14 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Yeahhh... I spent money on both Halloween and Christmas last year that will not be repeated, it seems.

Guess me too. I made a lot of dubs last Halloween and got lots ships/dubs during Christmas. I believe WG would not offer such goodies every again and my wallet is closed for ever. Most likely I wouldn't have spent anyway after big spending sprees as I have everything I would need to enjoy this game (around 40 premiums, 85k dubs, 200k coal, 4mil free exp, lots of tier 10 perma camos, 2 years of premium time). 

Edited by sansfaille

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles
9 hours ago, sansfaille said:

Guess me too. I made a lot of dubs last Halloween and got lots ships/dubs during Christmas. I believe WG would not offer such goodies every again and my wallet is closed for ever. Most likely I wouldn't have spent anyway after big spending sprees as I have everything I would need to enjoy this game (around 40 premiums, 85k dubs, 200k coal, 4mil free exp, lots of tier 10 perma camos, 2 years of premium time). 

I think the part WG doesn't realize is that it's a net loss for them.

I spent a lot on things like the Halloween crates (and the Steam deals, etc) because I liked the value I get. I don't like the massively reduced value that WG has assigned to things, which means I won't buy them at that price. While I understand this "devalues" their currencies, you have to wonder how many people just pass on these items who otherwise would have spent money.

Obviously WG has a lot more data than we do so presumably it still results in them making more money. Just not from me, I guess.

My decision path isn't "Buy 100k doubloons for $200 in halloween crates OR $400 in premium store" it is "buy 100k doubloons for $200 OR not buy them." I can only assume more players are the former than the latter.

• Cool 1