You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GulfRayder_1

Submarine play

13 comments in this topic

[KRUE]
Members
2 posts
2,221 battles

I really enjoyed the submarines. They took some practice to get started. but after a scenario or two they were a lot of fun. I hope they get added to the regular game soon. I think to make things fair the destroyers will need depth charges added to their arsenal.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

Members
2 posts
497 battles

Is the submarine test up yet? i saw the Terror of the Deep video, but i didn't realize they were playable yet, and I haven't seen any gameplay yet. How did you get in? or is this just a troll?

[AK]
Members
405 posts
21,908 battles
59 minutes ago, Lizard_Man383 said:

Is the submarine test up yet? i saw the Terror of the Deep video, but i didn't realize they were playable yet, and I haven't seen any gameplay yet. How did you get in? or is this just a troll?

Public test server is a thing,   I thought. I also played as a sub

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles

Halloween subs will be usable for the Halloween event in about 11 hours from now, give or take an hour maybe.

• Cool 2

Members
2,409 posts
5,422 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Halloween subs will be usable for the Halloween event in about 11 hours from now, give or take an hour maybe.

THANKS for the heads up!

Members
90 posts
3,691 battles

I dont. Subs are going to be OP as hell in their current state. All you gotta do is abuse your detect range. and not dive until a ship is firing at you, dive, torp them at point blank range, and then dive as far down as you can go to avoid the depth charges, get away, come up to the surface, rinse and repeat.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,409 posts
5,422 battles
On 10/31/2018 at 10:37 AM, Murasame92 said:

I dont. Subs are going to be OP as hell in their current state. All you gotta do is abuse your detect range. and not dive until a ship is firing at you, dive, torp them at point blank range, and then dive as far down as you can go to avoid the depth charges, get away, come up to the surface, rinse and repeat.

The Halloween game play will not be a indicator of what WOW has in mind. Its just a initial test. The play is simple and easy. Wait till you go against other ships and players using ASW weapons and it will change your mind.  It may be the SUB players who is running and trying to stay alive... Its too soon to decide on how it will be in final almost finished form.  NOT by a long shot...Wakarimashitaka?  

[-AVA-]
Members
136 posts
7,198 battles
22 hours ago, TheOriginalCaptainNemo said:

I just want to know if we get to keep the XP we generated on the seasonal halloween subs, or if it converts to some other ship when the 7.11 patch drops

Nothing you do on the PTS translates to the live server with the exception of the rewards for participating. . .for this round they are listed here (scroll down about halfway): https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-0711/

Members
3 posts
4,612 battles
On 11/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, syd_ said:

Nothing you do on the PTS translates to the live server with the exception of the rewards for participating. . .for this round they are listed here (scroll down about halfway): https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-0711/

No, I mean on the live server with the Halloween subs, I have about 25K XP and I can convert it to free XP or leave it and hope WG does me a solid and converts it for me, since it is earned XP, but they're taking the ships away when the new patch drops, ya feel?