MaddogGT

Jumping Ping

8 comments in this topic

[EXP]
Members
23 posts
3,894 battles

Any issues with NA server(s)? For the last number of days now, ping has been jumping crazy from 120ms, down to 30, up to 100, then a spike to 400 then back to 40-30, and its jumping very fast. No consistency at all. Game used to always settle at a almost constant ping level 30-35ms, and not jump like mad. I tried everything, reset network, router, make sure nothing else is using network. I have a Fibe connection 500/500 currently, and its ping to ISP is <1ms and 546Mbps down/523Mbps up from this computer. Network is wired as wifi is pointless on a Fibe connection as you will lose most of your speed.  I also noticed last few games, a pause in game then a real fast speedup for a second like the ships playing catchup to where they suppose to be after the delay. Animations would still be going, but ships stopped for a brief second then resume again. Happened only 1-2 times last few days, but very strange. Maybe its server location now. Has it moved? Was there an east coast server once, and now only a west coast one? Or one centralized one like WoT? If they only have one server now and its on the west coast of NA...really need to centralize it. Maybe thats the ping issues lately. Wrong server location.

Edited by MaddogGT

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles

Reboot your modem and if you have one router, check that something(s) resource intensive on your computer is not running. Run a ping plot to see if you are getting bad hops.

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles

I didn't have my glasses on and thought you wrote "Jumping Pig". To my dismay all the excitement was for nothing. 

• Funny 2

[TXP]
Members
649 posts
10,206 battles

Having this problem too, usually stable internet over satellite at 300 ms, jumping between that and 2500 ms. Started yesterday, using Hughes Net on the Chesapeake bay. At 0500 am today was stable at 340 ms, but tonight at 800 ms.

Edited by Ericson38

[EXP]
Members
23 posts
3,894 battles

Just did a ping plotter and noticed one hop is 100% loss. Pings are fine till they hit Comcast and really slow to 80 plus till it reaches its target. This used to be quite fast, now 106 ms. Servers must be moved far away. :-) That said WoT is 30ms or less. WoWs is bad lately.

image.thumb.png.de9e4185d25e0bd8df6c0f4cce59a768.png

[EXP]
Members
23 posts
3,894 battles
21 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Having this problem too, usually stable internet over satellite at 300 ms, jumping between that and 2500 ms. Started yesterday, using Hughes Net on the Chesapeake bay. At 0500 am today was stable at 340 ms, but tonight at 800 ms.

Wow. I'd go mad if my ping was that high.

Edited by MaddogGT

[TXP]
Members
649 posts
10,206 battles

Just had two T6 DDs sail right by me in my Helena at 6 km as my aim was way behind me, about 3 boat lengths off their sterns. Steering off, so hit an island. That close and immobile, they thought at the end of the game I was dead already, so sailed past to the green cap. Playing so badly that MM has me playing T5-7 right now, still loosing though.

Edited by Ericson38

Community Department
2,007 posts
500 battles

The issue with unstable ping may depend on different reasons. The easiest way to check is to create WGCheck report (extended network diagnostics), attach it to the ticket and write there the type of the connection and the model of your router. Of course make some notes about the kind of issue and when the issue takes place.