Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Why is it

13 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,700 battles

I play the operation of the week most of the time. I've noticed that Wednesday thru Saturday 4 & 5 star wins are normal, except UF and that is a different story. Starting Sunday 2 & 3 star wins become the norm and Monday evening the winning percentage drops. This is reoccurring, not just with the special Halloween ops.

[GTF]
Members
2 posts
13,601 battles

I've noticed worse playing on weekends, especially late night. That could be what you are experiencing, including hanging with the game into Monday trying to make up for the weekend. Nothing like beating a dead horse for an extra day lol.

[-WPG-]
Members
737 posts
3,145 battles

Why is it... people post vague titles instead of putting in some kind of minimal description of their topic?

To answer your question: There's no correlation. Simply your confirmation bias. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,528 posts
681 battles

It could be the people that are serious about it get it done early.

Then the people that are not serious (or don't know how to do it) are left.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,700 battles

Why is it... people post vague titles instead of putting in some kind of minimal description of their topic?

Cause I'm old and senile.

To answer your question: There's no correlation. Simply your confirmation bias. 

What bias?

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,700 battles
8 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It could be the people that are serious about it get it done early.

Then the people that are not serious (or don't know how to do it) are left.

I wonder we get lazy after a few days of the same scenario & become more careless. It is probably a combination.

[-WPG-]
Members
737 posts
3,145 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Cause I'm old and senile.

What bias?

Confirmation bias: The tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs, gathering or recalling information selectively. 

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,700 battles
27 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Confirmation bias: The tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs, gathering or recalling information selectively. 

You failed to show a preexisting belief or bias in you reply. My comment, at face value, implied neither.

[-WPG-]
Members
737 posts
3,145 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

You failed to show a preexisting belief or bias in you reply. My comment, at face value, implied neither.

You believe ops winrate success drops on Sunday and Monday.  Your winrate drops on those days. It supports your hypothesis, without any empirical evidence that the day of the week has any causation.  Confirmation bias. 

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,700 battles
4 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

You believe ops winrate success drops on Sunday and Monday.  Your winrate drops on those days. It supports your hypothesis, without any empirical evidence that the day of the week has any causation.  Confirmation bias. 

Because days of the week were not cited as the cause your confirmation bias fails to hold water.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
828 posts
4,565 battles

I don't think it's that people get careless as the week goes by but the people who are good at it get burned out playing the same OP over and over. It's no different than instances in MMOs. It's fun to drag a few new people through them to flex your gaming muscle but to do it repeatedly for a week gets to feel like a job.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,974 posts
6,570 battles

I find WR in ops goes up consistently after a new op is up.

Maybe it's because I'm overwhelmingly the top XP in the ops I run but what I need to win/5 star ops normally is teammates who are at least remotely familiar with what the operation is and don't die pointlessly.

[TDRB]
Members
960 posts
3,700 battles
On 10/31/2018 at 6:08 AM, Mainerd said:

I don't think it's that people get careless as the week goes by but the people who are good at it get burned out playing the same OP over and over. It's no different than instances in MMOs. It's fun to drag a few new people through them to flex your gaming muscle but to do it repeatedly for a week gets to feel like a job.

You have a point

Sign in to follow this