Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Radical_20

Where should I assign the Dunkirk brothers?

10 comments in this topic

Members
120 posts
6,330 battles

My game play style is probably different than most players. I don't move my captains from ship to ship. When I get a new ship, I get a new captain, and he stays with that ship. It's goofy, I know, but that's the way I play.

Here's where I am with the British tech tree. I just acquired the Tier 9 Lion BB. I have the Tier 6 Leander Cruiser, and the Tier 8 Lightning. For premiums, I have the Gallant, Warspite, and Duke of York. I also have the Belfast, but it has no captain yet.

But I have two commanders waiting for ships to captain, both Jack and Bert Dunkirk. I want to put them in ships that make the most of their special abilities.

So, for the remainder of the RN tech tree, (and the Belfast) where should I plan to put Jack and Bert?

I think I want Jack in the Belfast. But I'm open to arguments against that.

Once I get the ship, I'll move them aboard.

Thoughts? Opinions?

thx

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles

I have one of mine on the Richelieu for operation Hermes and he also goes on Gascogne for Hermes too. The other is on Alsace until I get the Republique.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[LANCE]
Members
291 posts
3,091 battles
23 minutes ago, Radical_20 said:

My game play style is probably different than most players. I don't move my captains from ship to ship. When I get a new ship, I get a new captain, and he stays with that ship. It's goofy, I know, but that's the way I play.

Here's where I am with the British tech tree. I just acquired the Tier 9 Lion BB. I have the Tier 6 Leander Cruiser, and the Tier 8 Lightning. For premiums, I have the Gallant, Warspite, and Duke of York. I also have the Belfast, but it has no captain yet.

But I have two commanders waiting for ships to captain, both Jack and Bert Dunkirk. I want to put them in ships that make the most of their special abilities.

So, for the remainder of the RN tech tree, (and the Belfast) where should I plan to put Jack and Bert?

I think I want Jack in the Belfast. But I'm open to arguments against that.

Once I get the ship, I'll move them aboard.

Thoughts? Opinions?

thx

The RN CL’s benefit from the Dunkirk brothers as do the BB’s as the expert marksman perk (captain skill) gives extra turret turn rate. They pretty much wasted in DD’s but some may disagree.

As they’re both 10 pt Capts I use the EM skill for the 2 pt skill.

Keep your Leander if you’re not going to move Captains and get the Fiji ASAP! If you like the Leander the Fiji is a fantastic upgrade and one of the best tier VII ships in game. You can then move him back a forth for free to your Belfast (as can you do that with your Leander Capt as Belfast is a premium ship. You can also move either ships Captain in to the Belfast and back for free.

If you have any RN DD’s put the other brother in that ship and you can move him back and forth between that and the Gallant.

From what you’re saying it doesn’t sound like you knew that you can move a tech tree ship Captain to a premium without retraining and gain the Captain experience from your premiums to a tech tree ship. You can even move your Leander Captain to the Gallant for training and not have to retrain.

Hope this helps and as I say definitely don’t waste a Captain being trained specifically for a premium ship

Good luck mate!

[MEIST]
Members
771 posts
2,935 battles
22 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Wait you can put them on French ships?

I don't think so. I have both and they are in the RN lines. Never tried though.

Edited by jager_geist

Members
120 posts
6,330 battles
4 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

From what you’re saying it doesn’t sound like you knew that you can move a tech tree ship Captain to a premium without retraining and gain the Captain experience from your premiums to a tech tree ship. You can even move your Leander Captain to the Gallant for training and not have to retrain.

Oh, I knew/know you can move captains in/out of Premium ships without retraining penalty...  I just choose not to. The training grind is.. well, a grind,  but I'm OK with it. Every ship has its peculiarities, and there's no better way to learn them than through that grind.

Like  I said in original post, goofy, I know.

Edited by Radical_20
wrong word.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,521 posts
24,580 battles
17 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Wait you can put them on French ships?

No. 

One for Conqueror. You need it for turret traverse and faster consumables. Good for Nelson, Warspite especially, etc  

Belfast can make use of a 19 point captain but really doesn’t need Dunkirk brothers skills. IFHE makes a big difference but is useless on other RN cruisers. Same with Demo Expert. I have a dedicated Belfast captain. 

Id put the other brother in Fiji. Higher Tier RN CLs don’t need the Expert Marksman and Fiji is a keeper for sure. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,579 posts
4,948 battles
39 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have one of mine on the Richelieu for operation Hermes and he also goes on Gascogne for Hermes too. The other is on Alsace until I get the Republique.

Ok so then this doesn’t make sense I was worried I missed something 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
240 posts
4,078 battles

1 on Edinburgh, 1 on lightning. but you should know i will move them up the tiers as I progress.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
3 hours ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Ok so then this doesn’t make sense I was worried I missed something 

Yea your right, I think Dunkirk and I think French.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Sign in to follow this