You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SJ_Sailer

After you die, What is the best way to contribute to a team win?

62 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
47 posts
767 battles

WG has in my opinion has provided an opportunity to those who have been destroyed or died, the ability to observe and chat.  I believe there must be some way to take advantage of this to help your team win even after you are done participating in the game.  Perhaps you could:

A) Promote yourself to "Fleet Admiral" and advise everyone where to go and what to do and how to best achieve the goals for a win.

B) Choose one ship in the match and advise them you have their back, monitor distances, radar ships, incoming threats or opportunities.

C) If you were any good at WOWS you would not have been the first to be destroyed so you have no business telling anyone what the hell to do.

I have been following policy "C".  Still I think there must be something I could be doing to help bring about a win.  Would love to see constructive comments.

Thanks.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[S-N-D]
Members
1,564 posts
5,501 battles

B isn't bad if you relay strictly information and not commands. Otherwise, C.

[KRAK]
Members
911 posts
12,874 battles
2 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

WG has in my opinion has provided an opportunity to those who have been destroyed or died, the ability to observe and chat.  I believe there must be some way to take advantage of this to help your team win even after you are done participating in the game.  Perhaps you could:

A) Promote yourself to "Fleet Admiral" and advise everyone where to go and what to do and how to best achieve the goals for a win.

B) Choose one ship in the match and advise them you have their back, monitor distances, radar ships, incoming threats or opportunities.

C) If you were any good at WOWS you would not have been the first to be destroyed so you have no business telling anyone what the hell to do.

I have been following policy "C".  Still I think there must be something I could be doing to help bring about a win.  Would love to see constructive comments.

Thanks.

I follow C even if I am the highest scorer cause it is not my place to demand others play in any specific way.

• Cool 2

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
47 posts
767 battles

Maybe spin "B" around, if you were in a match as DD - CA / CL - BB what information would you WANT someone else to convey to you to help if anything at all?

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
581 posts

D) Go back to port and start another match.  Leave the people alone that are still alive and do not be tempted to sprinkle salt when attempting A or B.

Although I REALLY like C also.

• Cool 1

Members
1,465 posts
659 battles

If your death resulted in loss of vision for your team, report ship class and last known position.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
239 posts
4,071 battles

D)Bacon.

sometimes or less i will type in useful information... i.e. cap is clear, live to win, focus fire.....  

when you are in the heat of battle, sometimes the chat can help. however, the "point the finger" captain gets annoying, even when that finger is pointed at someone else.  I do take satisfaction when the remaining captains rally and win after being called potatoes. 

Edited by skillztowin

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles
10 minutes ago, jmanII said:

D) Go back to port and start another match.  Leave the people alone that are still alive and do not be tempted to sprinkle salt when attempting A or B.

Although I REALLY like C also.

This.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles
10 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If your death resulted in loss of vision for your team, report ship class and last known position.

Everyone really should be running the game option that leaves an icon showing where an enemy ship was last spotted if your team loses spot on it. It is immeasurably helpful.

• Cool 1

Members
1,465 posts
659 battles
3 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

Everyone really should be running the game option that leaves an icon showing where an enemy ship was last spotted if your team loses spot on it. It is immeasurably helpful.

Is that a mod, or is it in the settings?

Nevermind, I do have it on. 

Edited by DrHolmes52

[MEIST]
Members
768 posts
2,919 battles

Option "A" sounds horrible. I wish people would never do this one. I have seen that though and I block that chat.

• Cool 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

Is that a mod, or is it in the settings?

It's a setting on the minimap

Spoiler

1510850059_3.jpg

The last known position markers option

[FAE]
Members
2,115 posts
2,498 battles

I make the most obvious needed comment to win like: you need to cap B or you will lose in 3 minutes time. Or don't die and you'll win on points in 2 minutes. Or, defend the cap, or we lose even though we're up 4 ships to them. 

Basically stuff that can help even the braindead

• Cool 1

Members
1,465 posts
659 battles
1 minute ago, LubzinNJ said:

It's a setting on the minimap

Reveal hidden contents

1510850059_3.jpg

The last known position markers option

Yeah, I remembered a game where every teammate on the other side of some mountains was dead, and I could still see the enemy ships, not moving.

[TBW]
Members
6,308 posts
11,857 battles

I type something like this; "I will compliment the top 3 players if we win GL team."

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yeah, I remembered a game where every teammate on the other side of some mountains was dead, and I could still see the enemy ships, not moving.

I find it especially helpful when playing as a DD and the other team only has one of their DDs left...a quick look at the minimap lets me know if they're around me or on the other side of the map. If I'm low on health and their DD is on the other side I can play a LOT more aggressively.

Beta Testers
1,166 posts
7,923 battles

Depends.  I don't order people around, but I will point out opportunities or threats.  Generally I try to let the surviving players know what is going on where they aren't,kinda helpinbg their awareness of events/flow.

Admittedly, sometimes I will be like "DUDE!  wth?!?!  go that way!!!!" if its a player or two that could secure a win but is doing something out of left field. 

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,259 posts
3,836 battles

I try to feed as much useful info to whoever I see could use it. Hopefully the people I'm talking to can read fast. 

[WOLF3]
Members
5,876 posts
2,191 battles

In chat, accuse the Red team of war crimes, sedition, and racism so your surviving team members are more motivated to prevail over them.

• Funny 2

[INTEL]
Members
575 posts
7,289 battles

Depends on a lot of factors.  Based on assessment of my team's willingness to take help, I'll provide some situational awareness things like, 'CV, the last spotted on that DD is 3 minutes old, he may be coming after you.'  Or, '2 minutes left on the clock folks, if no one dies, we win' (assuming we are ahead well enough an hold the caps we have, etc).

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
940 posts
3,611 battles

I return to port unless I'm in voice contact with a division mate. Then I help spot DD's planes, other threats. I do not assume others want or need my assistance. Nor do I whine & blame the team for being sunk.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
47 posts
767 battles

So it sounds like there is not one consistent piece of information that everyone really needs and would like to have if offered.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles

D, E, F, whatever - When I hang around I generally act as a cheerleader while occasionally pointing out red maneuvers.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
940 posts
3,611 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

In chat, accuse the Red team of war crimes, sedition, and racism so your surviving team members are more motivated to prevail over them.

If they're on the red team they are guilty of sedition and the death sentence (sinking them) must be carried out :Smile_trollface: