You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_LoneWolf13_

Moderators

34 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
113 battles

I want to thank all the moderators at War gaming for being so laid back and nice. I come from War Thunder where moderators close every topic that is negative. So far you guys are really good. So keep it up! 

Z.L

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[WOLF9]
Members
1,048 posts
1 hour ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

I want to thank all the moderators at War gaming for being so laid back and nice. I come from War Thunder where moderators close every topic that is negative. So far you guys are really good. So keep it up! 

Z.L

Of course, they have his family hostage, but surely that did not influence his post.

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,270 posts

Just don't post any pictures of Raggedy-Anne dolls or Horse Races and you will be fine.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,053 posts
2,213 battles

Least toxic forum in the gaming universe.

• Cool 4

[ICOP]
Members
822 posts
3,175 battles
4 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Just don't post any pictures of Raggedy-Anne dolls or Horse Races and you will be fine.

Be bold put her on a racing horse! :Smile-_tongue:

[YORHA]
Members
3,270 posts
1 hour ago, Junostorm said:

Be bold put her on a racing horse! :Smile-_tongue:

Already got warnings for both of these offences.  Don't think I will take the chance.

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
825 posts
5,799 battles
5 hours ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

Z.L

Thanks for being a member of the World of Warships community!

The Mod team here just wants to make sure discussions and posts are done in a civil manner with respect both to fellow captains and the discussion topic. We welcome everyone's opinions and any constructive comments or thoughts regardless if it means critiquing our game.

We firmly believe the feedback from the community helps to improve the product and provide a pulse of the direction of the game. 

Thank you for the recognition but I also want to thank everyone that is a member of the World of Warships community for staying positive, getting into battles, and living to fight another day!

"Some of the best advice I've had comes from junior officers and enlisted men." - Chester Nimitz, US Navy

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 5

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,403 posts
5 hours ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

Welcome!

Members
491 posts
2,047 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Least toxic forum in the gaming universe.

Which is weird when you at how bad wot's forums are.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,403 posts
Just now, Kongo_Pride said:

Reported

...........what.

[WOSV]
Members
324 posts
2,089 battles

Oh yeah WT's forums are terrible. There's a billion different sub-threads for everything imaginable. That and everybody there are just stiff as a board. No personality at all. No conversation.That's why I like it here. It feels more alive, like there are actual people on here.

Glad you feel at home!

Alpha Tester
4,764 posts
2,412 battles
6 hours ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

Z.L

I went into this thread expecting to see someone furiously railing on the mods and WG for their decisions. Suffice to say, I am pleasantly surprised.

Alpha Tester
4,764 posts
2,412 battles
34 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Which is weird when you at how bad wot's forums are.

All the fun people left the Tank forums a long time ago and moved here.

[LHG]
Members
1,620 posts
4,887 battles

Welcome to WOWS!!! :Smile_honoring:

Really, with a few exceptions, the salt is not nearly as deep and biting here as it is most places so glad you like the different approach prevalent here. 

I too think the Moderators do a good job here and work hard to keep the conversations positive and beneficial.  I sometimes think that they can pull the trigger a bit sooner than I'd prefer, but those are the exceptions to the general rule.  Nice job everyone.  :Smile_great:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,118 posts
8,767 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

The Mod team here just wants to make sure discussions and posts are done in a civil manner with respect both to fellow captains and the discussion topic. We welcome everyone's opinions and any constructive comments or thoughts regardless if it means critiquing our game.

We firmly believe the feedback from the community helps to improve the product and provide a pulse of the direction of the game. 

Thank you for the recognition but I also want to thank everyone that is a member of the World of Warships community for staying positive, getting into battles, and living to fight another day!

"Some of the best advice I've had comes from junior officers and enlisted men." - Chester Nimitz, US Navy

#anchorsaweigh

Yes you guys at Wargaming are awesome! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
421 posts
6,201 battles
7 hours ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

Z.L

Welcome aboard sailor.. 

images.jpg

Members
3,654 posts
13,535 battles

The Mods and players on WoWs forums are the best bunch that I've seen in any online game that I've played, and I've played quite a few online games going back to 1999. The WoWs Mods are a helluva lot better than the jerks on the War Thunder forums by a long shot.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,956 posts
3,551 battles
8 hours ago, _LoneWolf13_ said:

Z.L

warthunder mods are basically the KGB. if you have something bad to say you get shut down

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
8,878 posts
16 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

warthunder mods are basically the KGB. if you have something bad to say you get shut down

Followed by laughter and your one way trip to the Gulag.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,168 posts

I was on a different forum (about role playing games) this weekend, and ended up reading through the moderator log forum- just because I got bored while waiting for my game to re-install.

Oh. Dear. God.

By the end of the third thread, I was thoroughly disgusted.   The reasons they gave for warnings, and the things they banned people for are absurd...   I mean the moderator comment was far more toxic- and sometimes outright offensive- than whatever had been posted.  (which normally amounted to disagreeing with the OP, or not snapping off the correct, cult-like response)

After a few more, I was left wondering how in the WORLD are some of these folks moderators???    We're talking full on enraged SJW types here.

I lost ALL respect I had for the forum and it's admins, and I won't be back.

Truly sad, because rpg forums are getting scarcer every day- hell, even Wizards of the Coast no longer has one for it's D&D game- and that's HUGE right now.    There were some good people there, who gave helpful advice, but  The oppressive atmosphere is just toxic.   I've never seen so much butthurt in one place- outside of Twitter. 

The OP is right- we have it pretty darn good here!

Members
33 posts
113 battles
7 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

#anchorsaweigh

See that's what I'm talking about lol

• Cool 2