You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

New Item in Premium Shop

26 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,934 posts

Halloween Terror of the Deep  2018  $89.00  ?   For a ship you only get  till Patch 7.11  drops and some Permanent Premium  Halloween Camos,    I'd wondered why while everyone was getting Permanent Premium Camos I wasn't now I know

Edited by shadowsrmine

[WOLFB]
Members
2,587 posts
4,960 battles

That does seem like a lot of money for something that is not permanent.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,934 posts
20 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

''A fool and his money are soon parted'' - P.T. Barnum

I think the quote your thinking of  is "There's A  Sucker Born Every Minute"  Attributed to P.T.Barnum  but more likely something one of his competitors  attributed to P.T.Barnum  when trying to defame him. Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)is supposed to have said from his Poem  "500 Points of Good Husbandry"   A Fool and his money are soon parted

Edited by shadowsrmine

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,560 posts
3,739 battles
20 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

That does seem like a lot of money for something that is not permanent.

You get 40 premium crates with that bundle.

The sub and the captain are included in the discount, they have no bearing on the value of the bundle since it's valued at $120 which is what those crates are worth.

[EREKT]
Members
759 posts
5,768 battles
8 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

The sub and the captain are included in the discount, they have no bearing on the value of the bundle since it's valued at $120 which is what those crates are worth.

Worth?

• Cool 1

Members
364 posts
688 battles
10 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

By who?  You can put an arbitrary price on anything that doesn't technically exist, but don't say it is valued at, just say that is the price it is set at.  There is zero value in any of this. 120.00 is just the price they want to assign to it, it doesn't mean it holds any value.  

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,932 posts
12,454 battles
5 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

By who?

Compared to the same amount of crates bought separately.

You can argue about value all you want. If you don't think it's worth the money, don't get it then. If Wargaming doesn't sell as many as they projected they would, the message will be clear to them.

• Cool 1

Members
364 posts
688 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Compared to the same amount of crates bought separately.

You can argue about value all you want. If you don't think it's worth the money, don't get it then. If Wargaming doesn't sell as many as they projected they would, the message will be clear to them.

Again, Price and Value are 2 different things.  That is the point I am making.  To me 100.00 is nothing, to others 100.00 is a lot.  But that is value, not price.

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,932 posts
12,454 battles
Just now, JonnyFreedom said:

Again, Price and Value are 2 different things.  That is the point I am making.  To me 100.00 is nothing, to others 100.00 is a lot.  But that is value, not price.

Nobody in this thread is saying otherwise.

• Angry 1

Members
364 posts
688 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Nobody in this thread is saying otherwise.

Yes they are.  Look at the first thing I quoted.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,932 posts
12,454 battles
Just now, JonnyFreedom said:

Yes they are.  Look at the first thing I quoted.

You're arguing semantics, value vs price. It's up to each and everyone themselves if they want to buy packages and which ones to buy, based on their own situation and personality. The fact is that these containers drop a specific number of specific items, and the price of those items is set, by wargaming, at a certain value. From this, the value of the containers is calculated and a price is set.

• Angry 1

[PNG]
Supertester
5,657 posts
6,455 battles

The price of a single pumpkin is $3.

The price of 40 pumpkins is $120, but with a 25% discount it is $90. The submarine provided in the bundle has a store value of $0. No price was assigned to the submarine because it has no intrinsic purchase value.

Edited by Compassghost

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,799 posts
18,729 battles

Nope   NOT  worth  the  money   ! ! ! !

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,560 posts
3,739 battles
8 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

neildegrasse.thumb.jpg.9f02feb930bc7486a6304c94bb7e8b06.jpg

Take it easy there, no need to fret over a word that people tend to use for both cases.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles

Don't get caught up in semantics.  This thread should be about WG is crazy if they think 40 crates have a value of $120 or $90. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
2,013 posts
9,612 battles
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Don't get caught up in semantics.  This thread should be about WG is crazy if they think 40 crates have a value of $120 or $90. :Smile_trollface:

Only worth that much because people are willing to pay it. If people weren't willing to pay it, WG wouldn't ask that much.  Basically whales gonna whale, and WG takes advantage of it.

Members
158 posts

While value is often times subjective, the value of these containers can be quantified almost entirely. 

My haul out of 40 containers for $90

1) 8 perma camos @ 3,000 doubloon value each (standard tier 8 cost) = 24,000 doubloons

2) 2500 actual doubloons

3) 125,000 free xp = 5000 doubloons (assuming standard 25/1 conversion rate)

4) 3 - 10 point captains (183,000 free xp each to level up to 10 points) = 21,960 doubloons 

The only real subjective value items are the one use camos and even those have value because the ones with free xp lead to getting premium ships. But, if we just stick to items 1 thru 4 on my list, then we have 53,460 doubloon value for $90. Pretty good, I think that I got over $200 in stuff for $90. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
387 posts
3,337 battles

Does receiving a permacamo for a ship that already has one have any value at all?

I got the permacamos for Benson and Charles Martel in Halloween crates that I earned in the RN event.  Both had a value to me of 3000 doubloons each because I did not have any permacamos for those two ships.

If I had received a permacamo for the Bismarck, it would hold no value to me despite being worth 3000 doubloons to someone that needed one.

What I am saying is that the price of an item is fixed but the value is relative depending on the situation.

Edited by Captain_Slattery