Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

Damage control mod

7 comments in this topic

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
231 posts
3,256 battles

So I've been toying with the idea of buying the damage control mod from the arsenal to use on my German BB's. Just wondering if anyone has tried it out, and how did it work for you?

Is it worth it?

I've tried asking the crew to stop swabbing the deck with gasoline, but apparently the order comes straight from the Furor himself:cap_hmm:

[WOLFB]
Members
2,589 posts
4,973 battles

Editing because I thought you were talking about something else. 

Edited by Lonewolfpj
Do not know about the arsenal item

[RED]
[RED]
Members
41 posts
8,687 battles

I have a couple left over from when they used to drop in crates. I think I have one on my Bismarck. Maybe OK for brawling BB. It only extends the duration of the repair party. I think of limited value.

I think that aux armaments mod or even main armaments mod is probably better for brawling.

Depends on how much you value maybe not catching fire/ flooding for those additional 5 seconds it buys you over damage control party activation. 

Edited by custer_14

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,137 battles

Yeah, I'm not sure the benefit of a 40% longer duration is worth it over Main Armaments Mod, especially for those German BBs with torp launchers.  Getting those knocked out is annoying.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,752 posts
6,734 battles
5 hours ago, DarkStormy said:

So I've been toying with the idea of buying the damage control mod from the arsenal to use on my German BB's. Just wondering if anyone has tried it out, and how did it work for you?

Is it worth it?

I've tried asking the crew to stop swabbing the deck with gasoline, but apparently the order comes straight from the Furor himself:cap_hmm:

I'd use that mod only on USN BBs.

[NG-NL]
Members
4,962 posts
8,109 battles

Up to you if 21 seconds immunity to fire and flood DoT is worth it--6 more seconds on KMS BBs.

US BBs are undisputed king in DC duration.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,748 posts
9,477 battles

Nope. On my German ships I run Auxiliary Armaments mod to keep my secondaries alive. 

If it reduced the cooldown by 40% it would be worth it, but as is? I have 5 and don’t use any of them. 

Sign in to follow this