You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

My 40 Halloween Premium Container Haul

33 comments in this topic

Members
150 posts

I just did this for the heck of it. Had zero expectations. The only thing I did want was the Bismarck (varg) Camo. Got it! 

1) 2500 doubloons

2) 125,000 free xp

3) Nassau Camo

4) Lexington Camo

5) Tirpitz Camo

6) Mogami Camo

7) Kiev Camo

8) Charles Martel Camo

9) Z-23 camo

10) Bismarck Camo

11) 3 - 10 pt halloween commander missions

12) A few hundred assorted consumable camos... no idea how many! 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,696 posts
3,886 battles

Others will now attempt to repeat your success, but all they will get is salt (or, for Peanuts, fans, a rock).

[TAZ]
Members
390 posts

You must be rich, spent $90 for a sub and commander that are removed from your account in about 20 days. I think 0.7.11 drops on 21 November .  Wanna adopt to captain I need some new toys also.

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,229 battles

Well..... Lucky you. (not envious or anything...... *Cough*, Die in a fire *cough*) :Smile_Default:

41 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

(or, for Peanuts, fans, a rock). 

halloween-14.gif.5ed6b5b642164dd4fe5d2e5bf50bae03.gif

[-K-]
Members
1,067 posts
7,118 battles

The only thing I really want is the Mogami camo.  I wish they'd just let you buy them individually.  I'm not going to buy $100 in containers for the chance of getting it :(

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,913 battles

my luck already went south yesterday,i got 15k coal in a supercontainer. good haul.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,696 posts
3,886 battles
36 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

spent $90 for a sub and commander that are removed from your account in about 20 days

That and all the crates. But even if the crates were not included, there would be people who would buy this without reading the fine print because EARLY ACCESS, LOL.

Members
150 posts
1 minute ago, RightYouAreKen said:

The only thing I really want is the Mogami camo.  I wish they'd just let you buy them individually.  I'm not going to buy $100 in containers for the chance of getting it :(

Yeah... I hear you. Not cool that you cannot buy the camos individually. They could have put a pretty high price on the Mogami camo and sold a ton of them. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,696 posts
3,886 battles
5 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

The only thing I really want is the Mogami camo.  I wish they'd just let you buy them individually.

That will come later, after they have ræped the wallets of hot-headed people cetaceans who don't understand probability theory and cost-benefit ratios.

• Cool 1

Members
80 posts
802 battles

I bought 11 (its my birthday!), and I managed to get skins for Nassau, St. Louis, Lexington, one other ship camo I forgot (I have access to the USN ones but not the fourth) and 25k free xp, with a good amount of regular camos. I would have liked the Tirpitz, Bismarck and NC as well but not buying any more crates.

Edited by Tanuvein

Members
150 posts
39 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

You must be rich, spent $90 for a sub and commander that are removed from your account in about 20 days. I think 0.7.11 drops on 21 November .  Wanna adopt to captain I need some new toys also.

Having $90 to spend does not make one rich :-)  I couldn't care less about the sub. I can always use camos, free XP, etc. 3 new 10 pt commanders is welcome too. 

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
207 posts
2,337 battles

I bought the 5 pack and nothing but assorted camos (i guess i used uo my luck with getting 2 DDs from the RN 5 pack last time) 

[SBS]
Members
2,393 posts
2,247 battles
5 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

halloween-14.gif.5ed6b5b642164dd4fe5d2e5bf50bae03.gif

I've never been to malicious type...but...if some joker thought it would be funny to give me a rock, I'd give it back...straight through their window.

[TAZ]
Members
390 posts
12 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Having $90 to spend does not make one rich :-)  I couldn't care less about the sub. I can always use camos, free XP, etc. 3 new 10 pt commanders is welcome too. 

You missed the important part about adopting a captain.

[TAZ]
Members
390 posts

Do you get to keep those specials captains, I think they go away just as the 19 point one.

[EREKT]
Members
746 posts
5,755 battles
30 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

I bought the 5 pack and nothing but assorted camos (i guess i used uo my luck with getting 2 DDs from the RN 5 pack last time) 

Me too. it's a trick, don't buy more. If you buy another 5 pack, they'll probably give you one good item, MAYBE two. They want to you spend 50$ on it to get anything good.

What a waste of money, LOL. I can't believe the base pumpkin only gives 15 crappy camo's... Could throw in 5 special flags for that price.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,542 posts
3,731 battles

I have all the Halloween camo from last year, I wonder if I could get duplicates from them for doubloons compensation though they are limited to only one per account.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,127 posts
10,000 battles

I got all the camos from last year, and so this year, I only bought 10 crates. so far I got the Z-23, the Mogami and the North Carolina. I only need the Kiev to complete the set. Good luck!

[ARGSY]
Members
5,696 posts
3,886 battles
41 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

I have all the Halloween camo from last year, I wonder if I could get duplicates from them for doubloons compensation though they are limited to only one per account.

The hard limit tells me you will be gated to receive any of the OTHER prizes.

9 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

I only need the [insert desired item here] to complete the set. 

Famous last words before the wallets of the unwary bleed out and die. Do take care.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,930 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Others will now attempt to repeat your success, but all they will get is salt (or, for Peanuts, fans, a rock).

:Smile_amazed::Smile_sad:

2 hours ago, Nutaz said:

:Smile_great:Me TOO Me TOO  Me TOO:Smile_veryhappy:

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That and all the crates. But even if the crates were not included, there would be people who would buy this without reading the fine print because EARLY ACCESS, LOL.

:Smile_ohmy::Smile_facepalm:

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That will come later, after they have ræped the wallets of hot-headed people cetaceans who don't understand probability theory and cost-benefit ratios.

:Smile_facepalm::Smile_sad:

1 hour ago, Nutaz said:

You missed the important part about adopting a captain.

:Smile_trollface::Smile_veryhappy:

1 hour ago, Nutaz said:

Do you get to keep those specials captains, I think they go away just as the 19 point one.

:Smile_great:I think you keep the 10 pointers :Smile_unsure: That would correspond  with other previous and or present purchasable commanders

24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The hard limit tells me you will be gated to receive any of the OTHER prizes.

Famous last words before the wallets of the unwary bleed out and die. Do take care.

:Smile_sad:

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Bad 1

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
418 posts
1,812 battles

I had all of last years Halloween camos so I was on the fence for a bit, but decided to take the plunge and see what I got. Ended up with all of this years new premium ship camos (North Carolina, Mogami, Kiev, Z-23) and their respective 10-skill commanders, 125.000 free xp, 5000 doubloons and 435 assorted camos. The base doubloon value given by Wargaming to these items are, summed up, 51070 doubloons (not counting the 10-skillpoint commanders as I am not sure what value to attach to those). The price of the 40-pack is roughly equal to 22200 doubloons. Now if I'd just sold the assorted camos, as so many of us has too much of it, I'd gotten 16312500 credits (10875 doubloons worth) and the given value would have shrunk to 40195 doubloons. If you don't count credits as any particular value and just takes them out of the equation the camos, free xp and the doubloons totaled is 29500 doubloons and as said the price of the pack is the same as 22200 doubloons. So even you spin it different ways you still get a good discount, and it's all up to each player to feel if its worth it for them.

I'm personally happy with the result and I had a good set of rolls too, as this is random you never know what you end up with eventually.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,696 posts
3,886 battles
9 minutes ago, Krautjaeger said:

not counting the 10-skillpoint commanders as I am not sure what value to attach to those

It takes 183,000 elite commander or free XP or combination of both to create a 10-pointer from nothing.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander 

So you can set the 10-pointer's value at 183,000 free XP for argument's sake.  At a standard rate of 25 elite ship xp conversion per doubloon spent, that's 7320 doubloons. During special events (35 xp converted per doubloon spent), that's still about 5229 doubloons.

• Cool 1