Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gerbertz

Clan Battles Tier 6 - What a blast!

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

285
[POP]
Members
843 posts
9,511 battles

I have to say..tier 6 felt great.!

We came across a few seal clubbers, but i thought the matchmaking went really well.

Every team we came across played their hearts out, and every match was a white knuckler.

I can't wait to try it again tonight..woot!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,462 battles

Seal Clubbers? So top tier clans shouldnt have taken part in the event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,201
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,343 posts
9,433 battles

Haven't looked at it yet... CVs? What's the team make-up? #BBs, #CAs, #DDs ??? That'd be great if we were allowed 2 CVs per side.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,627
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,746 posts
11,361 battles

Yea it's fun. Nice way to have some clan fun without getting serious and competitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[FADES]
Members
150 posts
3,646 battles
12 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Haven't looked at it yet... CVs? What's the team make-up? #BBs, #CAs, #DDs ??? That'd be great if we were allowed 2 CVs per side.

It's Tier 6's - 5v5 - no CV's and 1 BB per team.  

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/cross-server-matchmaker/

Had good fun last night, we went 60% win rate I think.

Edited by digitaljustice
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
139 posts
8,944 battles
20 minutes ago, smf117 said:

Seal Clubbers? So top tier clans shouldnt have taken part in the event?

i see y'all were the first purple team and had over 20 matches played just over an hour into the season last night. Did you play on EU or something earlier in the day? How did you get that many matches in over such a short time?

I saw the high-level meta was Warspite, two Spees, a HE CA and an Anshan/Aigle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,562
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,682 posts
15,212 battles

It was a TON of fun.  If any clans are unsure of joining in, I say go for it. The rewards for testing 5 games NA/5 games elsewhere are quite nice, AND all xp/credits/fxp/commander xp earned will apply to your account!  So wins are 2500 base xp.  I min/maxed FXP last night and earned over 29,000 free xp per win.  6 games brought me just under 200k fxp.  Not too shabby!  I had a clanmate who min/maxed commander xp and earned over 80,000 ECXP per battle. WOW!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[POP]
Members
843 posts
9,511 battles
41 minutes ago, smf117 said:

Seal Clubbers? So top tier clans shouldnt have taken part in the event?

if you are a purple clan, wouldn't you prefer to be matched up against other purple clans?

I thought the matchmaking went well, except we did get matched up against a whole club dedicated to...

wait a minute!!

 

clubbing_baby_seals_bandana-rc1a3c7ee145446a18f4e95bf67da8690_z21f3_307.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,462 battles
57 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

if you are a purple clan, wouldn't you prefer to be matched up against other purple clans?

I thought the matchmaking went well, except we did get matched up against a whole club dedicated to...

wait a minute!!

 

clubbing_baby_seals_bandana-rc1a3c7ee145446a18f4e95bf67da8690_z21f3_307.jpg

A win is a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,462 battles
1 hour ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

i see y'all were the first purple team and had over 20 matches played just over an hour into the season last night. Did you play on EU or something earlier in the day? How did you get that many matches in over such a short time?

I saw the high-level meta was Warspite, two Spees, a HE CA and an Anshan/Aigle. 

We had a few teams running so I am sure that helped. I wasnt able to get on until 830 CST so I cant say how long the guys were running before I showed up. Pretty sure I saw three teams running at once at one point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
139 posts
8,944 battles
Just now, smf117 said:

We had a few teams running so I am sure that helped. I wasnt able to get on until 830 CST so I cant say how long the guys were running before I showed up. Pretty sure I saw three teams running at once at one point.

Can you run two teams on each rating? For four teams total? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
91
[SCCC]
Members
206 posts
11,706 battles
1 hour ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

i see y'all were the first purple team and had over 20 matches played just over an hour into the season last night. Did you play on EU or something earlier in the day? How did you get that many matches in over such a short time?

I saw the high-level meta was Warspite, two Spees, a HE CA and an Anshan/Aigle. 

We had enough show up to run three teams.  It was basically a pub fest and pretty fun.  Not sure why some have butthurt about match maker.  It always throws everyone in the mix the first time then "matches" better going forward.  Heck we beat MIA and other "purple" clans and lost several to "lesser" teams.  Team work matters more than anything else. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
139 posts
8,944 battles
11 minutes ago, rabidrabit said:

We had enough show up to run three teams.  It was basically a pub fest and pretty fun.  Not sure why some have butthurt about match maker.  It always throws everyone in the mix the first time then "matches" better going forward.  Heck we beat MIA and other "purple" clans and lost several to "lesser" teams.  Team work matters more than anything else. 

Right. 

We won our first six, then went 1-3 for 7-3 overall. First few games were super easy, then the competition got better. Last five games or so were grind it out affairs against YIKES, CUTIE, NEP,  MIA, REAL and a couple others. But that's how CBs go. First few nights are pretty easy, but after that buckle up, it's going to be tough from there on out as the cream rises to the top. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[POP]
Members
843 posts
9,511 battles
4 hours ago, rabidrabit said:

We had enough show up to run three teams.  It was basically a pub fest and pretty fun.  Not sure why some have butthurt about match maker.  It always throws everyone in the mix the first time then "matches" better going forward.  Heck we beat MIA and other "purple" clans and lost several to "lesser" teams.  Team work matters more than anything else. 

We played your clan, the varsity team 1.75, and you know what?

They were a great bunch of guys!

I actually thought the matchmaker was MUCH better than last season, I hope clans who were turned off by the matchmaking go ahead and get yo teams in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
245 posts
4,140 battles

Our Clan had a blast playing too. So far seemed more fun. I know our team was not specialized to run our T6's. We just kinda slapped a team together and went for it. maybe our opponents were the same way and the games were just FUN. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
422
[FAE]
Members
2,130 posts
2,531 battles

Oooof. Wish we had enough people to put together a team. =( 

Is Graf Spee good in this? With a preponderance of cruisers and DDs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
[CUTER]
Members
683 posts
18,626 battles

I'll be frank.  It was far more enjoyable for me because it felt like a giant division and there was only a need for one caller.  We were better able to focus on team communication and build synergy amongst a smaller group of players...and this was a nice change.

Edited by Kongo_Pride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,562
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,682 posts
15,212 battles
2 hours ago, Kongo_Pride said:

I'll be frank.  It was far more enjoyable for me because it felt like a giant division and there was only a need for one caller.  We were better able to focus on team communication and build synergy amongst a smaller group of players...and this was a nice change.

This.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×