You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dylan88jr

please stop yelling at your dds for not going into a cap when there are 3 enemy radar boats nearby

104 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
212 posts
2,435 battles

please pretty please its not my fault you cant shoot the targets i tell you too.

• Cool 31
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

Members
2,208 posts
4,043 battles
13 minutes ago, dylan88jr said:

please pretty please its not my fault you cant shoot the targets i tell you too.

I very rarely yell at CVs or DDs that want to hamstring the team but Don't fool yourself into believing that the "Heat" you get is not your fault.

That's not to say throw your ship away. Just that most people will recognize you're trying. If you put forth the effort.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 8

[-SF-]
Members
86 posts
2,224 battles

One of the many reasons I avoid playing higher tier DDs. Getting flack for actually staying alive instead of YOLO-ing into enemy radar 

• Cool 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,515 battles

High tier DD life can be hard, but its a team game. It takes all ships to support one another for the team to win easily.

Id prefer my teams DDs to remain alive, rather than contest a cap and die.

Its the challenge if your team has the DDs with worse concealment as they have to play better.

• Cool 3

Members
549 posts
13 battles

You won;t get yelled at if you know how to play DDs when there's radar in caps

:rollsafe:

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 8

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
465 posts
5,417 battles
31 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

lmbo....

Members
17 posts
6,889 battles

Had a few games tonight where my team was on the back foot on points most of the game because our DDs didn't cap/contest cap early and most of team went to one cap. Luckily for our DDs, none of us were yelling at them to push into the big scary death ball of enemy BBs and and CAs. But we managed to stay alive long enough to pick off overextended enemies who got overconfident and tried to push. Our DDs stayed alive longer than theirs, just enough to cap/torp their BBs. Eventually we did have to cap to slow down their point accumulation, but by then we already outnumbered them on the surface. Lost a few games too where this exact thing happened but opposite teams. See, it's not all about the early capping. :Smile_veryhappy: (It helps to have a few unicum teammates though.)

Members
705 posts

I never yell at DD's, even when a DD is doing nothing or worse.

I've played the USN DD line all the way up to Gearing, and RN line to T8. And I suck. Like 29 in/Hg main condenser vacuum suck.

DD's are hard to play well, harder than the cruisers and the few battleships I play, so I cut the tin cans some slack.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 2

[FAE]
Members
2,115 posts
2,498 battles
7 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I never yell at DD's, even when a DD is doing nothing or worse.

I've played the USN DD line all the way up to Gearing, and RN line to T8. And I suck. Like 29 in/Hg main condenser vacuum suck.

DD's are hard to play well, harder than the cruisers and the few battleships I play, so I cut the tin cans some slack.

Now that's a beautiful attitude. A little try them yourself would make most of the posters here a bit more understanding. 

• Cool 4

[DENY]
Members
284 posts
4,361 battles

I been lately player mostly daring , I don't yolo cap , and a lots of time I be the last DD alive , my observation is most people don't focus the radar ship nearby they only target the BB for damage farming , if I can't get close I can't do my job I can't cap , the big problem is the cruiser and BB player actually not helping , there always those DD player that stick in the back doing nothing but those are a special kind ...

• Cool 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
13,321 battles
2 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Why not be part of the solution.  Tell us with your experience how you deal with radar in caps.

Edited by Camo68
  • Cool 4

[ICOP]
Members
773 posts
3,079 battles

Always fun being yelled at in a DD, while half your team is behind an island and the other half is running away.

• Cool 10

[WOLFB]
Members
2,576 posts
4,948 battles

Just ignore them and do the best you can. The fact that you know there is a radar ship near you means you are better then most players. 

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
349 battles
14 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Just ignore them and do the best you can. The fact that you know there is a radar ship near you means you are better then most players. 

Love it...

Now For me I play the way i want to play not how someone wants me to as it's my ship not yours + if someone then start to yelling then I report your [edited]and take note of that players name and make a report for the support team job do .. that's how I roll 

• Cool 1

Members
1,587 posts
4,345 battles

The trickiest bit for me is finding a spot to shoot the radar -OR- deploy it.

When I’m sailing Baltimore or Cleveland, I do everything I can to abuse spotting and LOS mechanics to ensure there is no way to spot me and shoot me before I “unmask” to either engage or use radar from safely.  Sometimes I get that wrong (and sometimes a friendly BB collides with me and pushes me into fire...heh). However, when I get it right I can Radar an entire cap before the reds even know I’m there. Bonus, if I can also shoot from stealth.

On the opposite side, how do I get my ship to a spot that will foil that very thing? Floaty shells go both ways and North Carolina, Missouri join Baltimore and Cleveland in searching for firing points to shoot into radar sites. Few things are more beneficial to the team than catching a camping cruiser giving to much broadside to auto bounce, but that’s not an easy task if their BB are playing up and properly deployed.

I won’t tell a DD how to play, but I will correct the whiny ones in chat. “Shoot the cruiser, you guys are....”. Sure, boss, I’m happy to shoot the exp piñata...just as soon as you spot him. That’s the thing...he may have radar and that may be important, but if a DD isn’t spotting him, exactly who is?

[KRAK]
Members
911 posts
12,874 battles
4 hours ago, dylan88jr said:

Or you could just get gud and dodge that rain of 6000 enemy shells over those measly 40 seconds of radar duration.

• Bad 3

Members
1,465 posts
659 battles
2 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Like 29 in/Hg main condenser vacuum suck.

You are being pretty harsh on yourself.

[H_]
Members
677 posts

Yelling !  I wish.....  the number of players I've reported for actually shooting at me in a DD !!!  An exact quote from chat:  "Look, get your *** in that cap you piece of **** because the enemy needs to be found or I'll kill you myself (and fires a broadside where he accidentally hit me a dispersion based oooops...)"   This is one of many such diatribes of the same intent.....  "We (the BB's) can't do this ourselves and if you must perish for us to win, so be it...."  Oh, really.....  I don't think so.

As I've said before, this radar meta gimmick has created an "us" and "them" situation where the middle of the game is gone.....a no-mans land....

BB'a need to see something to shoot.  DD's need the caps for "value".   They have become 'exclusive' values because of radar.  Which is incrementally changing the base roles of the ship types since radar is the "technology" glue that holds the battle space operations together now.   Roles use to do this.....  Roles are learned activities....  You can practice roles and become proficient and to do so, you must depend of the others of your team for support and encouragement to learn those survival, situational awareness and weapons skills.....  Radar takes no skill to use.  You turn it on and all alone, you have 100% accurate information..........you didn't have to learn, or practice or develop those skills........radar is 100% fool proof.

Now, combine radar ships into larger groups and the traditional roles start to seek the only remediation: space; and then, the very basic roles fade because there is no where to use them anymore.....you have nothing other than space and time to remediate a fool proof, 100% accurate no-skill tool.....  We don't have anything to counter the technology.....  And, we wonder why we are having these discussions?

• Cool 1

Members
362 posts
688 battles
4 hours ago, _greifer said:

High tier DD life can be hard, but its a team game. It takes all ships to support one another for the team to win easily.

Id prefer my teams DDs to remain alive, rather than contest a cap and die.

Its the challenge if your team has the DDs with worse concealment as they have to play better.

Team game doesn't work in randoms where points are based on damage.  It benefits you more to play for points and not for the team.  If you win, you come out ahead, if you lose, you come out better than the rest of the team.  The game is designed like dog poopoo when it comes to points, randoms and team play.

Until WG finally realizes that you can't just award points for doing damage, the game will forever be in this state.  They need to give more points for damage tanked, objectives fought over, enemies spotted.  They want games to go quicker, they should be forcing people to go after objectives and one another.  You do that by making points where the battles are, not at J10 shooting with your Yamoto.

But let's face it, they can't even make a decent MM let alone figure hard stuff out like point distribution weighting.

Edited by JonnyFreedom
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KRAK]
Members
911 posts
12,874 battles
4 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Coming from the guy who exclusively plays radar cruisers that shoot 6000 shells in a 40 second radar duration. Keep pushing that narrative Waifu.

1. Whose stats were you looking at? Certainly not mine if you think I play exclusively cruisers

2. Sarcasm goes right over your head.

Members
362 posts
688 battles
3 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

1. Whose stats were you looking at? Certainly not mine if you think I play exclusively cruisers

2. Sarcasm goes right over your head.

My bad.  Had you confused with someone else.  You play DD gun botes.

[KRAK]
Members
911 posts
12,874 battles
3 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

My bad.  Had you confused with someone else.  You play DD gun botes.

I play both.

[DYING]
Members
28 posts
5,347 battles

i've found that saying things in response such as, "go f*ck yourself", "shut the f*ck up", "who died and made u Captain Crunch?" and similar, vulgar acknowledgments often silence those that would dare demand

'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar'

images (4).jpg