Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mahrs

Two Things - my first 1M silver match and "how dumb am I?"

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,587 posts
4,356 battles

Firstly, pretty psyched to have landed my first 1M silver match.  It was only 128k damage or so, but I did net six kills...basically wrecked a Hindenburg and a Des Moines and the mopped up a few BB and DD for the team.  Finished on a high note - included here for every BB player and CA player: after hitting the red Haragumo for 10k or so (and convincing him he ought not open water gun boat Mo'), I returned to end the game by popping radar on him and slamming a salvo of 16 inchers home to let him know we all care (and to avenge the Saint Louis on my team that he single handedly wrecked without having any spotting).  

Secondly, I guess it goes to point out that I'm just not that good...and might never be.  I finally managed something others do regularly, heh.  For all the talk about how "dumbed down" WoWS is getting, I don't play if I tired or mentally worn down...I just cannot pull together even my own mediocre play into something reasonable.  Doesn't say much for me, eh?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BNKR]
Members
655 posts
664 battles

Don't worry about what everybody else does. Set reasonable goals for yourself and work toward those. Sounds like you had a pretty good match, now try to beat that one.

Members
8,072 posts
17,032 battles
55 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Don't worry about what everybody else does. Set reasonable goals for yourself and work toward those. Sounds like you had a pretty good match, now try to beat that one.

Don’t want the Tier 10s; only very rarely play the ones I do have, and then only in Co-op.

In any case; GJ OP!

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[MIA-A]
Supertester
505 posts
4,421 battles

6 kills! Nice! As long as you keep up with the good CCs and follow the meta you should not have a problem.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,497 posts
2,065 battles

Hey, that's better than my first 1M game, a 120K damage loss with like 2 or 3 kills. Mo is almost cheating at this point. And I love being a 16" radar cruiser, RN CLs especially hate me.

[DENY]
Members
299 posts
4,429 battles

GG I actually did this today as well but in the KRON , this is probably the best game I had in it ,

shot-18.10.29_15.11.17-0802.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,587 posts
4,356 battles
20 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Going from my usual trash level to two matches in one day where I mattered to my team’s success felt pretty great, honestly. I see Montana as a Tier X Fuso...and I feel like I could do well there someday...but, BB play is certainly not my forte, and I have a lot to learn still.

Members
1,587 posts
4,356 battles
World of Warships 2018-10-29 21_33_31

Here was mine for the referenced game.

• Cool 2

Members
896 posts
7,771 battles

Nice job Mahrs. I dont think Ive ever broken 1mil credits. But Im also dumb and until recently never used economic flags on anything including my MO, which was a mistake. 

[-K-]
Members
5,086 posts
8,967 battles
On 10/29/2018 at 9:41 PM, Mahrs said:

For all the talk about how "dumbed down" WoWS is getting, I don't play if I tired or mentally worn down...I just cannot pull together even my own mediocre play into something reasonable.  Doesn't say much for me, eh?

I'm with you on this point.  I don't even bother trying to play if I'm exhausted, as the concentration just isn't there enough for me to have proper situational awareness and/or patience.  I'll usually rush in and die too early simply because I don't have the care to sit back and wait when I'm tired.

Sign in to follow this