You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OgreMkV

Detonations are back

20 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,075 battles

Haven't seen a Det in months, maybe even this year. 

I get detonated (in a G.K.!!!) and my last match had 3 detonations. 

[MEATS]
[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
116 posts
2,725 battles

They never left. They don't happen as often, but they still were happening.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,075 battles
4 minutes ago, BrokenGamer said:

They never left. They don't happen as often, but they still were happening.

I know. It's just odd to see 4 in two matches. 

[MEATS]
[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
116 posts
2,725 battles
6 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

Agreed. I had a match last night where there were three. They seem to come in fits and starts.

Then I won't see them again for a week or so.

So yes; most peculiar indeed.

[LOU1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,004 battles

You can increase the odds of generating a detonation by repeatedly firing at the magazine weak spot on a ship.  And you can reduce having one by protecting your magazine as much as possible.  LWM's Fun and Engaging Science series can be quite enlightening.  It is not ALL RNG...

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,498 posts
2,069 battles
2 hours ago, BrokenGamer said:

Agreed. I had a match last night where there were three. They seem to come in fits and starts.

Then I won't see them again for a week or so.

So yes; most peculiar indeed.

I can beat that. Had a game a while back with 3 detonations, all the enemy DDs, and I caused 2 of them. Sometimes RNG just says nope.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,916 posts
3,310 battles

I caused detonation on a battleship via torp from my Harugumo. That same ship received "just a flesh wound" by killing me in return, with a detonation. We both laughed.

• Funny 3

[TMS]
Members
1,623 posts
21,656 battles

The Harugumo is very detonation prone, i got a 130 det flags now.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LANCE]
Members
296 posts
3,107 battles

Last time I was detonated was the 1st game I played in a DD when I’d run out of detonation flags. I figured I paid my dues to RNGESUS so continued playing my DD’s 3 games later after 2 more detonations coal was spent in the arsenal purchasing a boat load of detonation flags to add to the 30 I just received and all DD’s and cruisers in my port were checked to ensure they all had the flags on them!! I didn’t think to check the ships I played in that next 3 ships to add them from the 10 I’d “earned” from the initial detonation!

[DENY]
Members
301 posts
4,433 battles

I generally see them a few time every week , when him not the one getting detonated

Members
1,789 posts
17,407 battles
3 hours ago, OgreMkV said:

Haven't seen a Det in months, maybe even this year. 

I get detonated (in a G.K.!!!) and my last match had 3 detonations. 

Here's the fun part...I had about 500 det flags saved up because dets happened so rarely I didn't even bother using them (& there were better options of flags I wanted to use so just ignored them basically).

Then 1 day I got a couple dets in 2 different T10 ships so I decided to start using them on all my T9s & T10s & they lasted for 3 or 4 months before I ran out. Then the fun began...

in a 9 day period I got detonated 11 times...used to be I could go for about 3 months between dets but when you use the flags for an extended period of time RNG registers that you are due & you get spanked for quite a bit before it balances the scales & you go back down to only once every 3 months (& yes...after that week of unending fury it did balance back out & dets are just a rare occasion again...that was almost a year ago that happened).

Moral...just because it happens a couple or a few times in a short period don't panic & equip flags for a long time for the scales will be balanced in the end.

Members
1,789 posts
17,407 battles
7 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Last time I was detonated was the 1st game I played in a DD when I’d run out of detonation flags. I figured I paid my dues to RNGESUS so continued playing my DD’s 3 games later after 2 more detonations coal was spent in the arsenal purchasing a boat load of detonation flags to add to the 30 I just received and all DD’s and cruisers in my port were checked to ensure they all had the flags on them!! I didn’t think to check the ships I played in that next 3 ships to add them from the 10 I’d “earned” from the initial detonation!

Sorry...I was typing mine while you posted yours so didn't see yours or I would have quoted you to bring attention to my warning about what you posted. You should read my post above this 1.

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,075 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Here's the fun part...I had about 500 det flags saved up because dets happened so rarely I didn't even bother using them (& there were better options of flags I wanted to use so just ignored them basically).

Then 1 day I got a couple dets in 2 different T10 ships so I decided to start using them on all my T9s & T10s & they lasted for 3 or 4 months before I ran out. Then the fun began...

in a 9 day period I got detonated 11 times...used to be I could go for about 3 months between dets but when you use the flags for an extended period of time RNG registers that you are due & you get spanked for quite a bit before it balances the scales & you go back down to only once every 3 months (& yes...after that week of unending fury it did balance back out & dets are just a rare occasion again...that was almost a year ago that happened).

Moral...just because it happens a couple or a few times in a short period don't panic & equip flags for a long time for the scales will be balanced in the end.

I only use them on DDs and squishy cruisers... I can count, on the fingers of one hand, the number of times a BB I was driving got detonated. But it is frustrating. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,223 posts
8,804 battles

Back when tier 4 could still see tier 6, I think it was in beta, I was out in my Fuso when a Langley dropped on me. I was able to torpedo beat all but one and I was thinking, I can take one with no prob...

[LANCE]
Members
296 posts
3,107 battles
10 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Sorry...I was typing mine while you posted yours so didn't see yours or I would have quoted you to bring attention to my warning about what you posted. You should read my post above this 1.

No worries mate. It’s interesting what you say in the post that you mentioned. I could definitely see it being a “flag” (no pun intended) in the RNG algorithm!

[CUJO]
[CUJO]
Beta Testers
66 posts
2,635 battles
14 hours ago, OgreMkV said:

It used to odd and miraculous until you posted on the forum, now it is the new norm 

Members
147 posts
2,993 battles

I was in my Atlanta last week, and saw the shells coming, thinking I can dodge these...the last one caught the tail of my ship and boom.  Haven't had a det in a while, used to happen a lot when running my Kberg or Nberg ships, which I don't run as often as I used too..  Had it happen more in them than in my DDs.

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
145 posts
5,786 battles

Got detonated in a Worcester yesterday.  It was interesting, hadn't seen one for a while.

[KRAK]
Members
950 posts
13,111 battles
14 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

You can increase the odds of generating a detonation by repeatedly firing at the magazine weak spot on a ship.  And you can reduce having one by protecting your magazine as much as possible.  LWM's Fun and Engaging Science series can be quite enlightening.  It is not ALL RNG...

Well it is all RNG but you can multiply your chances of making one occur by doing what you said. You are increasing your odds by firing in specific spots .