Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

C'mon I thought this crap only happens...

6 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
165 posts
10,001 battles

Late at night with server populations low.

What no body plays T9/10 around now????

shot-18.10.29_19.25.06-0860.jpg

shot-18.10.29_19.09.30-0759.jpg

shot-18.10.29_19.24.55-0627.jpg

Members
3,413 posts
6,072 battles

Been playing tier 9 and 10 for weeks since many of the campaigns and tasks want lots of XP and or cash and the Missouri and Republique fill that niche for me pretty nicely and not had any issues having full teams (have not played today yet though).   Maybe more people trying to play Sunray before the operation switches to the sub halloween event.

D'OH - missed the CV in the queue.

Edited by CylonRed

Members
18 posts
6,956 battles

CV MM tends to do that. Either one or both of those CVs players might have been sitting in MM screen for 5 minutes, at which point the MM is like "whatever" and decides to throw whoever is around into a battle. It happened to me a lot when I was grinding Ranger in late night games. 

[SHAFT]
Members
165 posts
10,001 battles
3 hours ago, Der_Eigenvektor said:

CV MM tends to do that. Either one or both of those CVs players might have been sitting in MM screen for 5 minutes, at which point the MM is like "whatever" and decides to throw whoever is around into a battle. It happened to me a lot when I was grinding Ranger in late night games. 

I can understand the late night, but its just after 7 tonight when this happened.

I've seen cvs in the que when I select my USN cruisers but they never appear in game.

Maybe this new DD restrictive MM has some part to play. I actually felt sorry for the T8's.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,155 posts
1,648 battles
10 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

I can understand the late night, but its just after 7 tonight when this happened.

I've seen cvs in the que when I select my USN cruisers but they never appear in game.

Maybe this new DD restrictive MM has some part to play. I actually felt sorry for the T8's.

CVs have to be the same Tier to get put in a match against each other.  You may see two CVs in the list of players within your range, but due to hard limited CV matchmaking they may not be in range of each other.  If you're playing Tier VIII then all CVs from Tier VI to X will be in your range and thus be displayed, but you can have five CVs, one at each Tier in that example, all waiting for a matching Tier CV to queue.

In your OP what certainly happened is that one of those CVs exceeded the 5 minute max queue time and so when a equal Tier CV popped into the queue the matchmaker grabbed everything that was available and made teams with it.  One CV had a five, or more, minute queue and the other was pulled into a game instantly upon queuing.

Edited by Helstrem

[TF16B]
Members
8,064 posts
17,019 battles

For me the most recent example was when I finally went back to get my minimum number of games in (5pvp, 5pve,) with the t3-4RN destroyers.

Last game in Medea; about 2am; was a 1 v 1 against another Medea who I’d seen in several previous games.

Most intensity/fun I’ve had in a Random in forever...

...was a win too, and a +1 for my opponent.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Sign in to follow this