Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteeLeviathan

French tier 10 destroyer

6 comments in this topic

[PWH]
Members
76 posts
4,763 battles

So with the release of the le Terrible, it got me thinking of what possible the french destroyer line would be like and what the top ship would be. Since the Le Terrible is a tier 8 destroyer, I would think that Le Fantasque would be the equal tier,  but then that brings up some questions of power. If tier 8 would that mean that the Mogador with its 4x2 guns would be tier 9 with the T47 being tier 10? The problem i see with the T47 is that it drops a whole lot of gun power by going from 4x2 139mm guns to 3x2 127mm. That lose of power is possibly made up by the aa buff and increase of 2 more torps but as i can tell right now, the french are fast gunboats, possibly. Maybe wargames wont use the larger gunboat line and go with the smaller destoyer line with the Le Hardi at tier 8, as another destoyer hybrid line with fast reloading torps instead of heavy firepower, or perhaps WG will go with the mogador at tier 9 and fudge another fantacy tier 10 ship that would have similar firepower to a khab or a harugamo and leave the t47 out of the tech tree or leave for, if they decide to add a second line to the french destroyers as torpboats, maybe. Who knows. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,325 posts
3,762 battles

There were post-Mogador designs for a fast 139mm armed destroyer. 

[SPTR]
Members
25,612 posts
10,802 battles

Yeah i saw some improved mogador designs with even 2×2 100mm secondaries  but they traded out the torps for that.

Edited by Rolkatsuki
Add the trade off

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,913 battles

upgraded mogador designs with sonic speeds,literal jet boats.

totally not hmcs bras d'Or

1024px-HMCS_Bras_d'Or_03.jpg

Edited by Cruxdei

[DANKY]
Members
423 posts
1,547 battles
35 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Yeah i saw some improved mogador designs with even 2×2 100mm secondaries  but they traded out the torps for that.

THAT would be an interesting addition. A totally pure gunboat without (or few) torps, wild speed and guns big enough to hurt...

I wonder whether with AFT, CE and manual secondaries, it could bring back open water stealth firing. Obviously the actual damage #s would be unimpressive. 

Sign in to follow this