Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ski206

Cossack vs Lightning

9 comments in this topic

[TF-62]
Members
106 posts
5,338 battles

Can anyone with experience of both ships talk about the differences between the two?

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
314 posts
7,383 battles

The Cossack has speed boost consumable along with increased speed like the British tech tree gets. Similar to the British cruisers. It has one more gun turret but one less torpedo tube 10km range.

Both are around the same concealment, with full build 5.5km surface detection. I believe that they both have similar health * Guessing at these numbers

The Lighting has one less gun turret but one more torpedo tube 8km range. 

[DENY]
Members
307 posts
4,438 battles

In my 180 game in the lighting the only DD I always hated to ran into was the cossacks , it hit hard DD 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,129 posts
18,646 battles

From LWM review about the Cossack, and from playing the Lightning, my guess is that the later has a far better shell ballistic. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,227 posts

The lighting also has great turret rotation and 2x the torpedoes.  I prefer it to the Cossack speaking as a non dd fan.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,888 posts
4,002 battles

Cossack: 33% more guns for 50% fewer torpedoes. Speed boost? Yes, please (not that I've had any problems with the UK DD line so far).

Premium = flexibility with crew assignments, for training or retraining/transferring captains.

You'll get to Lightning eventually, but this is probably your one chance (supercontainer probabilities aside :Smile_trollface:) to get Cossack for cheap.

Members
588 posts

71% WR Cossack  11 games - I think

76% WR Lightning 17 games - I know

Sold Cossack - Kept Lightning -  Cossack was a pain in the arce and not fun in Random games.  Lightning was a hoot!  Flamu's videos were spot on.  Playing Jutland now and I like her but sort of a German Tier 9 (46) similarity.  Jutland seems to be just a modified 46.

However both Cossack and Lightning excel in damage.   I seem to be able to go after other DD's and get damage.  The DD's can get away because of speed and usually running back to their support... But the team only has to deal with a damaged DD vice full health. 

Also both are good at deterring advances.   Pop the smoke, start a fire, run away....repeat. 

Neither has gotten me great stats (With the exception of WR)   I think this is me and wanting to win vice go solo and attempt to sink ships.  Not sure...

Differences - I did not like Cossack - As I remember it had to do with it not being able to stop? well.   Sorry it was when the Cossack was first available.  I kept on either having to hit an island or other ship to stop.   Worse I might end up out of smoke or past an island and be shot at.   I remember a lot of frustration playing Cossack.   Both ships had the same 19 point Captain.  Some have said there is almost a need to have a 19 point Captain on Cossack.   I am not sure about this.  

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[BIAS]
Members
3,073 posts
9,051 battles

I like the lightning better than the Jutland, don't have the cossack yet. 

Members
588 posts

I do not want to encourage anyone to invest a lot of time in this line as I have not yet played the Tier 10 Daring.   If Daring isn't what someone wants in a Tier 10 then forget about this line. 

Lightning is very good to have on a Random team - If I was to play Tier 8 Ranked I would definitely play Lightning. 

Sign in to follow this