You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

Kutuzov with op torps? Irian premium datamined.

92 comments in this topic

[UFFA]
Members
526 posts
29 battles

Dev blog.

Probably already posted. Cheers.

Edited by Sparviero
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,820 posts
10,747 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

50K damage torps? They cannot be serious.

It says in-game damage is 17,700, which is OK.

It's the 13.5km range and 68kt speed that are a bit ridiculous for a T8 cruiser.

• Cool 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,505 posts
6,666 battles

Torpedo

• 2x5 Deep water (won't hit destroyers)
  • Reload: 136s
  • Alpha: 50100, Blast: 1000 (=ingame-damage shown in port will be 17700.)
  • Flood chance: 368%
  • Speed: 68knt
  • Range: 13.5km
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
Just now, chewonit said:

It's the 13.5km range and 68kt speed that are a bit ridiculous for a T8 cruiser.

True. I'm assuming this is something the Russians offered to the Indonesians at some stage, given the name. Does it have any basis in reality at all? Or is it just another paper ship?

[SIM]
Members
2,438 posts
4,080 battles

Yeah, those torps need heavily nerfed. Either make them Deeper Water Torpedoes (ala the Asashio), cut their range down, or reduce their damage. Hell, two out of three wouldn’t even be a bad option. The Kutuzov can already blast DDs to hell, giving it torps that also blast everything else to hell is just absurd.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[UFFA]
Members
526 posts
29 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

True. I'm assuming this is something the Russians offered to the Indonesians at some stage, given the name. Does it have any basis in reality at all? Or is it just another paper ship?

One of the replies says Ordzhonikidze which has a history of a British national disappearing while snooping around?

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

She was a Sverdlov class Cruiser which was completed and saw service. No paper ship.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
8 minutes ago, chewonit said:

No, it says 17k is displayed in port.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 4

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,113 posts
18,633 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's a Sverdlov class cruiser like the MK. Her name was Ordzhonikidze and she was sold 1962 to Indonesia.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,014 posts
9,612 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

It's a Sverdlov class cruiser like the MK. Her name was Ordzhonikidze and she was sold 1962 to Indonesia.

Yup. Served for 9 years in the Indonesian navy until sold for scrap in 1972.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,820 posts
10,747 battles
2 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Yup. Served for 9 years in the Indonesian navy until sold for scrap in 1972.

"Served" is kind of generous. She was in repair (or in need of) almost all the time. And from the little information I can gather, she disappeared on the way to Taiwan for scrap. One of the theories is she's intercepted by Russians to recover some money Indonesia owned the Soviet on the ship.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,623 posts
14,017 battles

When I saw super long range torpedoes for a Cruiser, the only ingame Cruiser like that ATM is Tier X Zao when she sports the 12km torps.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Zao

Zao has a Base Detection of 12.6km, with Full Stealth Build goes to about 9.7km detection.  Zao also packs a lot more non-DWT torpedoes but they have a very long 171 second reload compared to this Cruiser's 136 seconds.

Still, I'm not too worried about this Cruiser for torpedoes.  She only has a 5x2 setup.  Zao has a 5x4 setup and they're non-DWTs :Smile_trollface:

This Cruiser has Base Detection of 13.7km

Chapayev's Base Detection is 13.24km goes to 11.3km.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Chapayev

Irian has a Base Detection of 13.7km, so expect her to go down to mid-high 11km detection.  With 13km torpedoes she has about 2km stealth drop window.

Her AA is a lot better than Chapayev, namely due to the long range AA suite.

She's a bit slower and less responsive in rudder than Chapayev.

Basically, what this ship is:

A slower, more sluggish less stealthy, no-Radar Chapayev with  Torp Reload Booster for her long range DWTs.  She also lacks Kutuzov's smoke.  AA statistically is better than Chapayev but does not have Defensive Fire access.

I'm not too worried about her.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,676 posts
10,011 battles

At least the Russians get to have a Sverdlov too...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,623 posts
14,017 battles
27 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

No, it says 17k is displayed in port.

Don't know why you got downvoted.  I mean, it says 17k displayed in port in the initial posts, both for this thread and the original reddit thread it refers to.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,014 posts
9,612 battles
24 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

When I saw super long range torpedoes for a Cruiser, the only ingame Cruiser like that ATM is Tier X Zao when she sports the 12km torps.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Zao

Zao has a Base Detection of 12.6km, with Full Stealth Build goes to about 9.7km detection.  Zao also packs a lot more non-DWT torpedoes but they have a very long 171 second reload compared to this Cruiser's 136 seconds.

Still, I'm not too worried about this Cruiser for torpedoes.  She only has a 5x2 setup.  Zao has a 5x4 setup and they're non-DWTs :Smile_trollface:

This Cruiser has Base Detection of 13.7km

Chapayev's Base Detection is 13.24km goes to 11.3km.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Chapayev

Irian has a Base Detection of 13.7km, so expect her to go down to mid-high 11km detection.  With 13km torpedoes she has about 2km stealth drop window.

Her AA is a lot better than Chapayev, namely due to the long range AA suite.

She's a bit slower and less responsive in rudder than Chapayev.

Basically, what this ship is:

A slower, more sluggish less stealthy, no-Radar Chapayev with better AA and Torp Reload Booster for her long range DWTs.  She also lacks Kutuzov's smoke.

I'm not too worried about her.

Worse AA, though. No DFAA.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,623 posts
14,017 battles
3 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Worse AA, though. No DFAA.

Good catch, didn't notice that detail.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Don't know why you got downvoted.  I mean, it says 17k displayed in port in the initial posts, both for this thread and the original reddit thread it refers to.

I know exactly why. It has nothing to do with what I posted.

As for why it specifically says '50k damage, 17k displayed in port' either it's intentionally trying to conceal an actual overpowered damage value, or the 50k number reflects all torpedoes in the salvo. Which doesn't add up, because 50k doesn't divide into 17 evenly.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Members
5,021 posts
2,957 battles

So it's a Kutuzov that traded it's smoke for tier X torpedoes..? Someone needs to stop the vodka salary that is being paid to the balance team.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BNKR]
Members
645 posts
659 battles
10 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I know exactly why. It has nothing to do with what I posted.

As for why it specifically says '50k damage, 17k displayed in port' either it's intentionally trying to conceal an actual overpowered damage value, or the 50k number reflects all torpedoes in the salvo. Which doesn't add up, because 50k doesn't divide into 17 evenly.

That is odd, unless there is some hidden multiplier we can't see. I have a hard time believing they would have a torpedo do 50,000 damage.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,196 posts
3,871 battles
4 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

That is odd, unless there is some hidden multiplier we can't see. I have a hard time believing they would have a torpedo do 50,000 damage.

If you ask me? It's Russian, anything goes.

• Bad 4

Members
170 posts
7,690 battles

Why are the DWTs such a handicap? I've only seen them used against DDs as an offensive weapon a handful of times. 
Also, enough with torpedo reload booster. Implementing it on a cruiser makes it little more than a  Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card when fighting a particularly nimble BB or CA at close range. As someone that plays a ton of Atlanta, I feel TRB is far too big of a crutch for low-skilled CL captains on a ship like this. 

Members
660 posts
4,258 battles
20 minutes ago, rapier_ape said:

Why are the DWTs such a handicap? I've only seen them used against DDs as an offensive weapon a handful of times. 
Also, enough with torpedo reload booster. Implementing it on a cruiser makes it little more than a  Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card when fighting a particularly nimble BB or CA at close range. As someone that plays a ton of Atlanta, I feel TRB is far too big of a crutch for low-skilled CL captains on a ship like this. 

Looks like WG wants to make TRB the "national" flavor of Pan Asian cruisers.