Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NL_Celt

Sales

10 comments in this topic

Members
19 posts
595 battles

Does WOWS have sales on tech tree ships,  redistributing skill points, anything else? If so, are they common, rare, special occasions only? I haven't noticed any myself as yet?

[WAG]
Members
372 posts
7,262 battles
3 minutes ago, NL_Celt said:

Does WOWS have sales on tech tree ships,  redistributing skill points, anything else? If so, are they common, rare, special occasions only? I haven't noticed any myself as yet?

Yes, there have been sales on tech tree ships, and discounts on captain respecting. Not sure the last time, but you could look through the News page at past postings to get an idea of how often. Generally the ship sales were focused at the lower tiers, with discounts getting small toward tier 10.

Also, there has been a free captain respec for a week or so after Clan Battle seasons, since without CVs to contend with, captain builds are different.

Members
19 posts
595 battles
5 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Yes, there have been sales on tech tree ships, and discounts on captain respecting. Not sure the last time, but you could look through the News page at past postings to get an idea of how often. Generally the ship sales were focused at the lower tiers, with discounts getting small toward tier 10.

Also, there has been a free captain respec for a week or so after Clan Battle seasons, since without CVs to contend with, captain builds are different.

Okay, thanks. In WOT I know to wait for them and I was just thinking of buying a ship I was not actually ready to play and then thought about sales. Also have a few commanders that could use a reset but no real hurry. If there are sales then I can wait for awhile.

[-WPG-]
Members
722 posts
3,127 battles

Join a clan and play at least one clan battle and you get free respec for all your captains.  New clan bate season likely starts in November. Note you need at least one T8+ ship to play clan battles. 

Members
22 posts
2,764 battles

I remember around last Christmas there was a 1-week period when you can re-spec all your captains for free.

Members
19 posts
595 battles
5 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Join a clan and play at least one clan battle and you get free respec for all your captains.  New clan bate season likely starts in November. Note you need at least one T8+ ship to play clan battles. 

Got no tier 8's as yet but good recommendation.

Members
19 posts
595 battles
1 minute ago, slider37 said:

I remember around last Christmas there was a 1-week period when you can re-spec all your captains for free.

Free would be nice. Xmas not far off.

[TBW]
Members
6,315 posts
11,857 battles
45 minutes ago, NL_Celt said:

You get discounts by being in a clan. Some clans are serious, some like mine, don't play clan battles and don't have any requirements for you to join. My clan does not have all of the discounts and bonuses that you can get yet. It requires oil to purchase them and a clan like mine doesn't make as much oil as a clan that does Clan Battles. There is a clan section in the forums if you are looking for one. You can switch clans of course, I think you have to wait 3 days after switching before you can switch again. The discounts and bonuses that you get from being in a clan are continual and stack with other discounts and bonuses offered by WG.

As for redistributing Skill points, the best way is to have a 19 point captain and use Elite Commander XP to do it. When clan battles are here, WG usually has a respec but you have to play at least one clan battle to take advantage of it, so you would need to be in a clan that actually plays clan battles. Good Luck.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
439 posts
946 battles
21 minutes ago, slider37 said:

I would think a free respec would aslo be in order when the CV rework rolls out, not only for CV captains but all others since they will be tweaking the captain skill trees for CV as well as AA skills.

[B2P]
Members
490 posts
13,189 battles
34 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

I would think a free respec would aslo be in order when the CV rework rolls out, not only for CV captains but all others since they will be tweaking the captain skill trees for CV as well as AA skills.

Yes, pretty much any time WOWS has a major change that affects a lot of ships they give a free re-spec period.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this