You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Mission Briefing Monday - Situation Report

20 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
759 posts
5,738 battles

Related image

*pictured - Sailors and Marines of Amphibious Group 5 study the map of Betio Island prior to the invasion of the Gilbert Islands, November 20, 1943*

What current missions are you working on and what is your progress?

From working on daily challenges/combat missions, personal missions, or directives for the Royal Navy, there are a variety of missions and tasks that can be accomplished.

The rewards for these tasks can include consumables, containers, a special captain for your Fleet, or a unique equipment upgrade but often require various stages prior to completing them.

Which missions are you undergoing and what is your situation report?

"In order to accomplish the mission you have to keep moving forward." - Kurt Chew-Een Lee, US Marine Corps

#missionbriefingmonday

#anchorsaweigh

[ARGSY]
Members
5,682 posts
3,870 battles

Currently at 34 guineas out of fifty needed to get Cossack (bought the 10 for one deal), and part of me cannot wait for this to be over. If the Indianapolis Marathon was the Somme of my WOWS gaming experience, then this one is beginning to feel like my Passchendaele (and at about the corresponding time of year too; the battle's official end date is given on Wikipedia as 10 November 1917). 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,075 posts
8,720 battles

69D29ACA-252E-48D9-9BE0-41B01EDE0D52.thumb.jpeg.c9643142745e9deddff27043dd824603.jpeg

Lol could not resist when asked for mission report...:Smile_trollface:

actually I am just doing the daily missions mainly to get any coal I can get my hands on for Arsenal ships. And waiting to get the Halloween sub Scenerio missions. Pretty much have everything else done at the moment.

So mainly the missions I am working on now are not really Wargaming issued ones, but more like a plan laid out for my self on what ships to grind and preparation for expected game changes within the next few months.

• Funny 2

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles

Up to stage 5 of the Halsey campaign (finally) after on-and-off grinding.  Also just about a hundred secondary hits away from getting Ovechkin as a Russian commander.  Only other thing on the go is grinding Jervis through T7 and working on raising my stats on some of my lowest ranked ships (Kitakaze, Flint, and Lyon.....go figure).

What about you @Gneisenau013?  What's keeping you busy?

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,088 posts
18,615 battles

Situation report? Have to be at work earlier then schedulted. Because in two hours they shut down the streets and trainstaiton nearby to defuse a 250lbs. WW2 bomb... Situation critical I guess :Smile_hiding:

I work about 50 meters outside the evacuation zone.

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,712 battles

My primary focuses right now are (in no order):

• Daily progress on my Mogami (with Admiral Yamamoto onboard, so leveling him from 17 up as well). 
  • Running a few scenarios to bank some elite commander XP. 
  • Royal Navy Mission grind
  • Making sure I have coal in the bank as I await Alaska's debut (I have the FXP to buy Kronshadt, but holding to see if Alaska is FXP, Coal, or steel (or none of the above)).
  • Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
759 posts
5,738 battles
8 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Situation report? Have to be at work earlier then schedulted. Because in two hours they shut down the streets and trainstaiton nearby to defuse a 250lbs. WW2 bomb... Situation critical I guess :Smile_hiding:

I work about 50 meters outside the evacuation zone.

Wow, hope all is well out there.

Remember, if you see the bomb disposal tech running, you should probably do the same.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction." - Oliver P. Smith, US Marine Corps

#anchorsaweigh

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles

Well, I have multiple things going on to keep up my interest. I'm a co-op main, so while some of these are easy in PvP, they are not so easy in co-op without running tons of dragon flags, which I don't have.

My current 2018 goals are here. Anything with an * is completed and I greatly slowed work on the Shinonome campaign to finish Halsey first. Also I'm playing less PvP for health reasons.

2018 Goals Dec 26th start
1. Improve some more. I think this shall always be my first goal.

2. New lines. I want to get all the ships I can, so I will be working on each new line to T5 and any lines I don't have to T5.

3. Get Bogue* & Zuiho* and take Saipan* & Kaga* into PvE. Get a T4 or T5 CV in to PvP*.

4. Get Queen Elizabeth*, Myoko*, New Orleans*, Baltimore*, and La Galissonmiere*.

5. Get Fubuki*, Hatsuharu*, Shinonome, Ernst Gaede*, Shenyang*, Jianwei*, and Fushun*

2018 goal add ons
T8+ Shinonome campaign (mission 1 - 4/11 stars), T8+ Yamamoto campaign Complete*, Des Moines*, 19pt Captain*,
 Halsey campaign (mission 4 - 7/13 stars)

I also got the Independence and Ryujo CVs and will see if I can get the Ranger and Hiryu before the end of the year. I have the UK up to T6 Icarus and expect to get T7 Jervis done by Dec 31st as well. Then I will have all the lines to T7+.

I've designated 2019 as the Year of the Captains for me, so I'm planning on the following goals for 2019.

1. Improve some more. I think this shall always be my first goal.

2. New lines. I want to get all the ships I can, so I will be working on each new line to T6.

3. Get Ranger and Hiryu, if I don't finish them this year.

4. Get the following 8 captains to 19 pts; NC 16pt (Iowa perm), John Doe Cleveland 15pt (Seattle perm),  Yamamoto Nagato 15pt (Yamato perm),  Gneisenau 14pt (Kurfurst perm), 13pt DoY (Conqueror perm), 11pt Shchors (Moskva perm), 12pt Richelieu (Republique perm) and when I get Halsey I will get him to 19pt for Montana.

5. Get the following 16 captains to 10+ points; 9pt Budyonny, 8pt Baltimore, 8pt Bayern, 8pt Perth, 8pt New Mexico, 7pt Normandie, 7pt Leander, 7pt Dallas, 7pt Fushun, 6pt Pensacola, 6pt La Galissioniere, 6 pt Nurnberg, 6pt Duca D'Aosta, 6pt Blyskawica, 6pt HSF Graf Spee Thea, and 6pt Guilo Cesare 

If I complete all these captains, I can work on these captains to 19 points 10pt Honore (Lyon/Gasconge perm), 11pt New York/Texas perm, 14pt Mahan (Gearing), 13pt 155mm Mogami and 12pt 203mm Mogami, 12pt Gnevny, 11pt Yorck (Hindenburg) and any others that catch my fancy. 

I'm collecting coal for Salem, 67k to date, as I have the other Arsenal ships. I'm collecting FXP, 607k, for Kronshtadt or Alaska if it is FXP.  Once I get one, I will start collecting more FXP for the next one.

I'm grinding the following lines to T10.

Akatsuki stock, Shiratsuyu stock, Mahan, Minsk stock, Ognevoi stock, Maass stock, Icarus, Gadjah Mada stock

Cleveland, Fiji stock, Myoko, Shchors stock, Yorck, Algerie stock

Nagato stock, North Carolina, Gneisenau, King George V stock, Richelieu

Ryujo, Independence

I'm working on rebuying the Cossack for doubloons, 19 Guineas to go. I'm slowly working on the Des Moines Unique Upgrade and since the DM has my only 19pt captain right now, I should get that eventually.

evileMonkeigh was curious if PvE has the same MM issues as PvP. So ala Lert's 100 game T8 experiment, I'm doing the same for PvE. I am keeping track of the T5+ PvE games, although I will only get T6 & T8 to 100 games. When T6 and T8 are both at 100 games, I will tabulate the results and put them in a thread. I'm at 71 T6 and 54 T8 PvE games right now, so it should not be too long to finish that up.  I'm keeping busy. :)

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

I'm doing a personal mission

Waiting for Jean Bart to arrive without scratching someone's eyes out

• Cool 1

Members
130 posts
15,476 battles

I have done all the campaigns, currently trying to be a completion-ist and finish every mission in each campaign.

Would like to see a new campaign soon, especially an anime related one.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,689 posts
11,061 battles
5 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

Would like to see a new campaign soon, especially an anime related one.

please no anime missions ever, I would like more sports related missions like this hockey one, golf should be next, 10 pin bowling maybe.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[MEIST]
Members
759 posts
2,917 battles

Trying to get away from this losing streak that won't let go of me.

Continue to increase my overall xp.

To get my coal ready for the release of the Alaska. (if it is for coal anyways)

Edited by jager_geist
  • Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,360 posts
7,930 battles

Trying to get credits up to buy multiple ships, including the tier 9 IJN gunboat, build up some more Free XP, coal and while I want to get to the top 100 just once, about to bail on that again for the week cause summary of the last 2 days in one picture -

shot-18_10.29_13_08.23-0240.thumb.jpg.f9840322dbf97f6302755a69d5754a51.jpg

Loaded a few seconds late, everyone except supposedly the guy that decided to :etc_swear: at me the last half of the match ran to B and C already so trying to get my slow Musashi over there resulted in 97k of that spotting damage, and 2 mill of that potential, with 2k hp left from all the IFHE spam which, with half the team chasing me, took me running to the A line to get unspotted to try and heal - which is when I started getting grief from said Izumo player. Pretty sure distracting half their team and spotting near 100k at that point wasn't "Nothing" - beyond the point where I healed enough to at least chance shooting at which point, as you can see, RNG trolled the hell out of me on dispersion. 

Which given this is the most debatable of the "useless, did nothing" etc crap because the last several times I was top of the damn leaderboard, were it not for at least wanting to get the daily's done, and get some of the credits and all - I'd seriously be taking an extended break from this game because I'm getting to my breaking point and fed up with the fact that half or more of the people giving me crap are using MM monitor or whatever the hell this games version of XVM is based on the comments they make, if they don't outright say they have it, and freaking single me out cause my stats aren't freaking blue, purple or whatever colour of the damn rainbow they freaking want, and don't play the way they want. 

• Cool 1

[NOOOB]
Members
1,432 posts
12,020 battles

Am taking part in the RN event, free ship is a free ship, but a piece of me is not a big fan of the timeline - do appreciate many of the opportunities and missions out there,  but 12 weeks makes it seem like more of a grind then I would like.

Not actively grinding any line presently, have all the lines except CVs and RN DDs, and not all that impressed that I feel a need to get Daring.

Sitting on 275 million credits and nothing to spend it on.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,088 posts
18,615 battles
2 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Wow, hope all is well out there.

Remember, if you see the bomb disposal tech running, you should probably do the same.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction." - Oliver P. Smith, US Marine Corps

#anchorsaweigh

Evacuation of 16000 citizens started one hour ago, they hope they finish the job around 1AM.

Still nothing compared to the 4000 lbs. "Blockbuster" they defused last year. 60000 had to leave their home.

Here a picture of the guys that did that job

ulIJuv2.jpg

And here you can see what it looks like if they have to detonate a 500lbs. bomb to defuse it.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,770 posts
7,225 battles
42 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Evacuation of 16000 citizens started one hour ago, they hope they finish the job around 1AM.

Still nothing compared to the 4000 lbs. "Blockbuster" they defused last year. 60000 had to leave their home.

Here a picture of the guys that did that job

ulIJuv2.jpg

And here you can see what it looks like if they have to detonate a 500lbs. bomb to defuse it.

Stay safe

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,088 posts
18,615 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Stay safe

Thx. Pictures like this let my wife appreciate that I have a office job, even we work around the clock. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
869 posts
7,680 battles

Working on the US Campaign. Stage 5. Almost done. I do not really focus on it, just accomplish it as I normally play. Will be completely done with available  campaigns after this one

For the RN/Halloween missions/campaign, just collecting Guineas, once I hit 40 Ill get the deal and buy the Cossack. 

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,679 posts
3,451 battles

I've honestly never been less motivated to play. The balance issues with my favorite ships, the USN heavy Cruiser line, are never addressed.

The Indianapolis is made even worse by the New Orleans being placed next to her, the Pensacola doesn't pass a basic quality control test, and the Des Moines is simply underwhelming compared to other Tier 10s when you play them at an elite level.

Just hard to get motivated when you feel the hours of investment feel wasted.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
632 posts
9,284 battles

I don't usually pay attention. The missions just sort of complete themselves. Unless there's a premium in it. Graf Spee was very much worth it.

• Cool 1