Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

10 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,971 posts
8,124 battles

Sunray Operations is gooooorgeous and a lot of fun. Played it a lot Saturday.

Y1gf8ps.jpg

Randoms:

kCHLJYU.jpg

A handful of wins, but even those felt kinda lacking since victories depended on which team collapsed first. I potato'd a few times in Kitakaze (newest ship) and Z-52. From the Hoperations discord, apparently a few others have been having the same problem.

Must admit Kitakaze feels very out of place in the campfest meta compared to Akizuki. Latter I could usually do some good damage in, but Kitakaze...she faces radar more often and it's difficult to get a good spot to rain HE.

More progress on Zao's base XP, got Z52 done w/ credits, now to FXP (halfway done), and Udaloi's halfway to Grozovoi. Did some more grinding on Donskoi and got Lion her upgraded hull and range.

Quite the glutton for losing. About 50 matches total in Random. Greeting people with "Hello my fellow potatoes" attracts potatoes. But more people found it hilarious than "hello my children!"

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
5,110 posts
8,970 battles

Did yesterday get any better for you after our match together?

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles

Sunray was great to get stars and push those missions out of the way for the Royal Navy event. It usually also picked up a bunch of other requirements along the way and left me a whole lot less to do in randoms and co-op. I even have two other requirements (a money grind and an achievement) that I was able to leave undone because of this.

All guineas earned by Saturday bedtime, so it was time to derp and have a play in things I wouldn't normally play because I haven't had the time. Onward and upward, RN destroyers! Valkyrie (like Medea) is great fun, and will be staying in my port once I grab her successor. 

The 30,000 XP grind mission was a PITA, but OTOH the Lyon and the Fushun now both have their B hulls and the KGV is under the 100K-to-go barrier, all great psychological boosts. If the next week's RN missions sit well with what she can do, I see no reason why I shouldn't use her a lot more. I loathed her to begin with, but she's actually starting to grow on me. 

[SIM]
Members
2,453 posts
4,093 battles

Spent a lot of time in Le Terrible, trying to make that ship work. I do believe that it could use a few buffs, but it’s not the unworkable crappile that it was originally made out to be. Otherwise, I continue to grind out coal for the Salem (only 10k left to go!). Randoms were mostly agonizing this weekend, and the chat salt was off of the charts. 

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,904 battles

Did the British missions and then took a break. Mostly in Cossack in Co op, where it does really well. I am afraid however to try her in Randoms. Her potential is maximized In operation Dynamo though. Otherwise I am just working on 11 tier 9, 1 tier 8 and 1 tier 7 grinds to the next ships.

[YOHB]
Members
61 posts
1,832 battles

The "Weekend" was just like the weekdays, attempting to drag people kicking and screaming to a victory while they do everything imaginable (and unimaginable) to lose.

I play WOWS like a free for all, 1v23. But I get in trouble if I shoot the green boats.

Members
902 posts
7,771 battles

Avg 60% weekend for me. Didnt get to play as much as usual. Sunday went quite well. The Buffalo is performing very well for me recently and has me excited for the DM. But I had that feeling with the Seattle to Rooster and am sitting in a 6 game hole with it....  Overall decent gaming weekend and busy irl weekend.

sunday.jpg

buf.jpg

[NG-NL]
Members
4,971 posts
8,124 battles
6 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Did yesterday get any better for you after our match together?

Ah yes, saw you during of my T10 matches. No, nothing went better.

Also saw @Soshi_Sone, I think, but not sure.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,168 posts

Heh- does 3 games count as a spree??

I spent the better part of the weekend reinstalling the game.  Started after work Sat, didn't finish until 8 pm Sun...

I immediately upgraded the Halloween BB, specced the captain and dove into the new op!   Wow, the graphics are far out, man!

"Oh $hit!!!  I forgot that all my key bindings were reset..."   That wasn't fun, lol.   I still did fairly well, 3 kills, plenty of damage- and we 4 starred it.  (no thanks to me...)

However, the controls were killing me- I use the arrow keys on my numbered keypad for movement, normally.  (I'm a leftie- AND play on a laptop with a touchpad mouse)  I kept hitting S accidentally, and wondering why my friggin ship kept stopping...   Eventually that caught up to me when the tier 10 BB appeared right in front of me.   I was stopped - (again!), and kept hitting E instead of D (Jeez- why won't this ship turn??).  I had no choice but to ram him, as he charged me.   BOOM!!!

On the bright side, the re-install seems to have fixed a lot of the performance issues I was having!   I could hit things!

Game 2- NOW with my controls the way I like em!    I switched to Co-op, as the BB was on cooldown and I wasn't in the mood to CA.

Bretagne.   I get a game with 2 pinkies- a BB and a German DD.   Shortly thereafter, it was THREE pinkies, because the Svietlana and DD  insisted on simply spewing torpedoes willy nilly with no regard at all for where their allies were.  (nothing but pink warnings in chat)   The Svet-turd completely missed the red Bretagne- and hit me instead with a salvo of torps...   Now I see WHY these guys were pink.

NEXT!!!

I grabbed Texas.  There'd been CV's in both games so far, so why not, right?     Weeeelll- not this one.   This was just a pure WTH??? game.   Domination match on the map with the X shaped island cluster dominating the map. (forget the name)   Me, a Leander and an Acasta all head for the East cap.  (we spawned South)    The bots sent their Acasta, Texas and a ARP Myoko after us.   Inexplicably, the bot Acasta charges a double smoke screen (both my allies popped smoke), and dies instantly to our Acasta.   

Texas and Myoko then turn and charge for the far end of the map.

This left us with nothing at all to shoot at.   The annoying island cluster meant we couldn't shoot at the fleeing reds, and the rest of the bots were all chasing our allies by the West map edge.    That left capping as the sole source of income.  We all know how that worked out, lol.  Texas trying to keep up with a DD to get caps?

I think I managed a single salvo at the red New Mex as it disappeared behind the shoulder of a mountain.

I really hate when the entire bot team charges off into the sunset like that...

The good news is, that I completed a mission and got one of the new containers.  (Yay- another kewl camo to collect!!)

As it was getting late and today was a workday, I logged off.

Sign in to follow this