Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Gifting Premium Ships in your inventory to friends

22 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles

I have played the game since closed beta but I think my time in this game is over. I uninstalled the fame last Friday, I have no real complaints with the game, it just does not interest me anymore. I have a fleet of 49 Premium ships and I think it would be awesome if I could gift them to friends who are still playing the game. I paid money for them, I should be allowed to do with them what  I want.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles

What? You're not sticking around to taste the salty tears when the carrier rework is completed and when subs finally come in? :Smile_teethhappy:

We will miss you. Sad to see that you're leaving. Also good to see that you're making your exit calmly and rationally, without a flounce.

You know you'll always be welcome back if you so choose. Fair seas, fellow sailor. :Smile_honoring:

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What? You're not sticking around to taste the salty tears when the carrier rework is completed and when subs finally come in? :Smile_teethhappy:

We will miss you. Sad to see that you're leaving. Also good to see that you're making your exit calmly and rationally, without a flounce.

You know you'll always be welcome back if you so choose. Fair seas, fellow sailor. :Smile_honoring:

Thank you sir, I think one of my main problems is I pick a game and that is the only one I play. So when I was active WOWS was the only game I was playing...I think that leads to burnout much faster than if I spread it out among several other games.

Crap...I forgot about the CV rework....looks like I am going to reinstall the game because I was really looking forward to trying that.

I am a battleship main and play a lot of Cruisers as well, I never played DD's because I am a very aggressive and some time reckless person by nature so the skill set DD's require did not fit my personality. Maybe I will switch and be a DD exclusive player until CV's come out. It would be a good challenge for me to try and be a good DD player. Any suggestions on what nation line I should try?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,500 posts
7,359 battles

Glad you're sticking around...   Try the German DDs.  

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,766 posts
5,805 battles
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Crap...I forgot about the CV rework....looks like I am going to reinstall the game because I was really looking forward to trying that.

Welcome back lol

We both were CBT's and have roughly the same number of games, surely you've taken a few breaks in the game, take another and come back.

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,801 battles

Forty-NINE Premiums? Holy Moses. 

@Belthorian

I have really enjoyed the American DD line so far. I'm at the Fletcher and she's a really nice 'lil ship. However, if you want to ENJOY the game again, then you gotta get the V-170.

For instance, here's a game in the V-170 that I had last night. It seems every time I pull this ship out I have fun.

1082440618_ScreenShot2018-10-29at12_35_59AM.thumb.png.42bc2c9255430cd990d85abca7120c41.png

Members
1,626 posts
9,725 battles

I wish I could to.

First one world be to gift my Nikolai to a clan mate that has been trying to get it.  I never play it, and unfortunately got it in a container.

Being able to gift credits/XP to new players could be nice too.  Its not like I am going to use it all.

Of course these things will never happen as they cut into the bottom line of the game.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
16 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Thank you sir, I think one of my main problems is I pick a game and that is the only one I play. So when I was active WOWS was the only game I was playing...I think that leads to burnout much faster than if I spread it out among several other games.

I am a battleship main and play a lot of Cruisers as well, I never played DD's because I am a very aggressive and some time reckless person by nature so the skill set DD's require did not fit my personality. Maybe I will switch and be a DD exclusive player until CV's come out. It would be a good challenge for me to try and be a good DD player. Any suggestions on what nation line I should try?

Give the British a go - unusual line, but not having speed boost to get out of trouble quick (or worse, into it even quicker) might temper your aggression a little. I'm having a LOT of fun with them. Pan-Asian destroyers, with the limitations on their torpedoes that I'm sure you know, might be a very bad choice for a first DD line, but there are some interesting hulls there.

I also do not think you can go too wrong playing the US DD line. They struggle with the torpedoes at first if you think always being able to stealth-torp is a thing, but they have good guns to compensate.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
240 posts
4,078 battles
40 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I have a fleet of 49 Premium ships and I think it would be awesome if I could gift them

I think this would be nice to implement by WG. Perhaps they can allow a player to generate a activation code. then a player can make a code for their ship, the friend enters the code, and in game premium ship transfer. However, you wouldn't be able to stop "loans".  

meh. 

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,934 battles
12 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I wish I could to.

First one world be to gift my Nikolai to a clan mate that has been trying to get it.  I never play it, and unfortunately got it in a container.

Being able to gift credits/XP to new players could be nice too.  Its not like I am going to use it all.

Of course these things will never happen as they cut into the bottom line of the game.

Might need that Nikolai one day to train up a Soviet commander for the BB line when its released, no?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Yeah, on the burnout subject:  I stopped playing 'one game only' about 5 years ago.   Now, I play what I want, when I want, and when I get annoyed or tired of X, there's always Y, Z, A, B, etc to play if I want.  I may play WoWS pretty heavily for a week, or a month, or two days.  Just depends on what I'm having fun with at that moment.  

I find that I'm much less emotionally invested in the games.  I play what is offered, and if I'm not enjoying it, or if it ends up on the priority list as game number 6 of 7, then, well, then it's not as interesting to me.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,105 posts
18,622 battles

You cannot give them, since if you read the EULA full, you find the point, where they mention you own nothing you have bought in the game.

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles
11 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

You cannot give them, since if you read the EULA full, you find the point, where they mention you own nothing you have bought in the game.

You buy a license to use it...

[WOLFB]
Members
2,579 posts
4,948 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

I have played the game since closed beta but I think my time in this game is over. I uninstalled the fame last Friday, I have no real complaints with the game, it just does not interest me anymore. I have a fleet of 49 Premium ships and I think it would be awesome if I could gift them to friends who are still playing the game. I paid money for them, I should be allowed to do with them what  I want.

I stoped playing the game for about a year and played other games. I would recommend keeping your ships because you might want to come back at some point. Remember the game needs level headed people like yourself to make this game work.

[SBS]
Members
2,404 posts
2,253 battles

The shortest I quite, and I'm back we've ever seen. :Smile-_tongue:

I'd suggest trying the US DD since they have some AA, and you'll be ready for the CV rework to land.  Good luck.

[H_]
Members
216 posts
6,973 battles

I would have to say it depends on how you play? Are you or do you want to be the "Sneaky" guy? IJN is the way to go..  Dam the torpedo's full speed ahead?  run and gun type? US, RN, Soviets.  Middle of the road - German   Other, not sure how to classify the Pan Asian with the deep water torps, guess middle of the road would be it..  German boats to me have always been good at a lot of things but not awesome at any one thing.  

Really enjoyed the lower tiers in both the German and US lines.. struggled with the IJN in the lower to mid tiers and the Soviets.. well I survived up to t9..

I'm at the Fletcher and really like that boat, but only really after I got it fully upgraded.   Chung MU is fun and looking forward to the next boat.  Had the Z-46 and my first T10 with the Z-52 and honestly I think I like the 46 better..  IJN I had the Kagero and Yugomo but could not really make them work for me. Went to the dark side and am now at the Kitikaze and it's a blast..

I'm at the Tashkent in the Soviet line because who does not want a Khab that drives DD's? 

and the RN line to me is too new to really comment on as I'm only at the Jervis..  Sort of "meh" to me really..

I think It would be nice if WG would allow players to gift other players inventory, but financially I can see where they would want not to do that. Maybe a once and done kind of thing?

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

You should do what I do, build up the game, then just have it among other games so that if you are in the mood for couple battles or so once on a while you have what you need for some gameplay. That’s what did with WIT Blitz, and it’s easy if I suddenly am in the mood for some tank battles for little while I can do so or I can take a break for few months and they wait for my return.

Far too often I hear of gamers thinking they have to to be playing a lot or if they want to step away for a while they get odd idea they have to delete everything...

Wows is good enough that you may find you have the desire later to come back and play once in a while. Especially with subs potentially hitting Randoms, which of done like I am predicting it might be fun new experience.

But then again if you insist on unloading your ships, do the following “ I Belthorisn hereby  bequeath all my ARP ships to Admiral_Thrawn_1...” 

Lol but seriously I would hand onto your account since like I said you may want to return periodically and it’s always a joy to return when you good amount of game items and progress to return to.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,689 posts
11,061 battles

Don't you quit Bell, come play a DD its fun and exhausting at the same time its Bam and your dead, reinstall, as i tell people stop being a customer and just be a player.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
1 hour ago, S16_Hunter said:

I would have to say it depends on how you play? Are you or do you want to be the "Sneaky" guy? IJN is the way to go..  Dam the torpedo's full speed ahead?  run and gun type? US, RN, Soviets.  Middle of the road - German   Other, not sure how to classify the Pan Asian with the deep water torps, guess middle of the road would be it..  German boats to me have always been good at a lot of things but not awesome at any one thing.  

Really enjoyed the lower tiers in both the German and US lines.. struggled with the IJN in the lower to mid tiers and the Soviets.. well I survived up to t9..

I'm at the Fletcher and really like that boat, but only really after I got it fully upgraded.   Chung MU is fun and looking forward to the next boat.  Had the Z-46 and my first T10 with the Z-52 and honestly I think I like the 46 better..  IJN I had the Kagero and Yugomo but could not really make them work for me. Went to the dark side and am now at the Kitikaze and it's a blast..

I'm at the Tashkent in the Soviet line because who does not want a Khab that drives DD's? 

and the RN line to me is too new to really comment on as I'm only at the Jervis..  Sort of "meh" to me really..

I think It would be nice if WG would allow players to gift other players inventory, but financially I can see where they would want not to do that. Maybe a once and done kind of thing?

I think the run and gun would suite me better. My  best battleships are all fast battleships. I like to play at flank speed and shoot and maneuver the whole game. I despise the camping and bow in meta, for me it is boring and I have no desire to play like that. 

Members
1,626 posts
9,725 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Might need that Nikolai one day to train up a Soviet commander for the BB line when its released, no?

I hate BBs, and I just use FXP/ECXP to train.

Actually I'd give away all of the premium BBs in my port.  Too many fatbotes picked up from containers over the years.

[H_]
Members
216 posts
6,973 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

I think the run and gun would suite me better. My  best battleships are all fast battleships. I like to play at flank speed and shoot and maneuver the whole game. I despise the camping and bow in meta, for me it is boring and I have no desire to play like that. 

The gun boat route comes with it's downsides, you have to remember you are not playing something that has any "real" armor, and then there is Radar, and hydro and freaking AIR PLANES!  it is a challenge.  but can be fun as all get out.  Much different then driving BB's for sure. 

Driving DD's can be a lot of fun and be just as frustrating in the next moment.  There are some dogs in each line which can add to the frustration but usually there is a "once I get to that boat" thing.  But doing something different always seems to help me keep my interest in the game..

The only ship I have not played yet is CV.. I may venture into it after the re-work is done just to see if it would be fun. 

Sign in to follow this