Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

WGC update removed trollish acpects.

5 comments in this topic

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles

I'm no techie but my buddy is & he's been keeping an eye on the "side effects" of the Game Center & he informs me that all of the non secure open ports & constant downloading/uploading has disappeared as of the last update & that when you shut it down it actually stays down now...which is a good thing as now when the mandatory switch to WGC is implemented I can still continue to play w/out the WGC hogging up our mutual bandwidth in the background.

He says it's still a bit larger than most launchers (somewhere between 100-200 megs but forget exact #...others launchers are usually less than 50 megs) but hopefully that will be something they can consolidate in future updates but as for the "other programs" running in the background they have been cut down to just a "bug search" type program only (1 for WoWS & 1 for the WGC itself...but the WGC one shuts down when you turn the WGC off).

07 WG for fixing that & making it more user friendly.

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I attempted to download WoWs last week, but the client never even downloaded anything. I eventually gave up. It downloaded about 6 MBs over the course of an hour. My connection is bad but it's not that bad.

[LANCE]
Members
291 posts
3,095 battles
4 hours ago, Hiroe said:

I attempted to download WoWs last week, but the client never even downloaded anything. I eventually gave up. It downloaded about 6 MBs over the course of an hour. My connection is bad but it's not that bad.

In the Game Center there’s a “download” tab (thinknit looks like a down facing arrow. The default setting is for a horrendously slow download. If you set it to unlimited you’ll download the game client a lot quicker (depending on you ISP download speed).

Good luck and hope it proves a lot faster next time for you!

Sign in to follow this