Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

Can you give someone 2 karma?

8 comments in this topic

[-WPG-]
Members
722 posts
3,127 battles

I was in my Ibuki tonight targeting a camping Yamato. I brought up my torp aim to see if he was going forward or reversing and accidentally fired the torps, which then slammed into a friendly Bismark. Didn't kill him but took 1/2 his health and he had to retreat. I explained, apologized, and told him I'd give him an upvote for me being an idiot. 

After the battle, I gave him both a "plays well" as well as a "good manners" vote (even though I got some salty comments that were deserved).  Did this give him 2 karma or can you only give one per person per game?

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,016 posts
24 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I was in my Ibuki tonight targeting a camping Yamato. I brought up my torp aim to see if he was going forward or reversing and accidentally fired the torps, which then slammed into a friendly Bismark. Didn't kill him but took 1/2 his health and he had to retreat. I explained, apologized, and told him I'd give him an upvote for me being an idiot. 

After the battle, I gave him both a "plays well" as well as a "good manners" vote (even though I got some salty comments that were deserved).  Did this give him 2 karma or can you only give one per person per game?

Just say you were targeting a Yamato, the word camping is redundant. And no, he only gets 1 karma, unless more than one person complimented him.

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
22 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Just say you were targeting a Yamato, the word camping is redundant

I beg to differ...I take full advantage of all of my BBs speed by staying as close to full speed at all times as possible only slowing to maneuver incoming rounds/torps. Camping has always seemed like an invitation to easy elimination to me.

[BSA]
[BSA]
Members
20 posts
11,862 battles

yeah seems you can only up vote or down vote the same person 1 time a day

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,459 battles

So if i give someone 2 compliments, they only get one?

That's too bad because i regularly give 2 compliments, sometimes 3, to players who have done extraordinary.

(Think of the DD that smoked you up early to save you then went on to Kraken, he deserves more than 1 compliment.)

Members
8 posts

Don't usually post in the forums, but hypothetically;

If you double-compliment a player (+2) for different reasons (ex. Worthy Adversary and Good Manners), it still subtracts -2 from your total.;   and similarly if you double-report a player using different reasons (ex. Plays Poorly and Misbehaving in Chat)  it should subtract -2 from your total for the day.

Are you saying it only gives them 1 even though 2 are subtracted from your total for the day?

Appreciate any clarification.

Edited by Torpinator

Members
8 posts

I received a response to this question from Player Support.

“They said that multiple complements or reports from one player to one player count has 1 karma point. “

So,  if you’re double complimenting, you’re apparently wasting one, as it does subtract from your total available.

Edited by Torpinator

Sign in to follow this