You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

Should WoWs add a fantasy line?

22 comments in this topic

[1RD]
Members
527 posts

Quite aside from the bugs, and when my game is working, I'm having a hellalotta fun in the Halloween special.

So, why not have TWO games in one, a HISTORICAL line, and a FANTASY line.

Wows could create fantasy ships for us to buy with XP or premium ships as well. Give them insane weapons geared towards MORE fun than just a normal battle.

And I reckon the author of the Halloween special maps and ships should be put in charge of this new department.

Look, some people I know don't like REAL warships, but they are seriously into their fantasy games. It would be good to see the number of people playing either game triple... that is how popular it would be.

That would also mean that reality could take a back seat for once, if its fantasy, then nothing real can compare, so its allowed. The steam powered rapid Torpedo loader is a classic example...

I know WoWs NEVER listens to us, but just this once, I wish they would.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 6

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles

That would lead to a lot of people leaving, I'm sure. Especially the 'insane weapons' thing.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles

When they release the Russian BB line, that will be your fantasy line right there with so many fictional ships that will no doubt be added to create a full line.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
Members
6,044 posts
8,585 battles

A long-lived historical RTS franchise that I once played decided that it was going to go a more fantastical route for a major online expansion. The endeavor alienated the fanbase and failed miserably and the servers were shut down within a couple of years. There are many fantastical "shoot-em-ups" available. What led me (and presumably many others) here was the historical aspect of the game.

• Cool 2

[1RD]
Members
527 posts
18 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

A long-lived historical RTS franchise that I once played decided that it was going to go a more fantastical route for a major online expansion. The endeavor alienated the fanbase and failed miserably and the servers were shut down within a couple of years. There are many fantastical "shoot-em-ups" available. What led me (and presumably many others) here was the historical aspect of the game.

And that doesn't change one bit. I'm like you, I play the historical game and hate it when they have magical torpedoes and flying warships (CV rework) and other such things.

But every now and then, I'd like a game of pure unadulterated fun.... if its not for you, you could use the "hide" function in the carousel or only make it a scenario game....

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,600 posts
4,981 battles

I think it’s just better to add these as just camouflage to already existing ships so people can turn them off if they want to.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles

Random is already turning into a fantasy line with some ships looking like something out of a horror movie ..dont thing splitting the line will work .. I definitely would not play fantasy or Ani  

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,402 posts
1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

magical torpedoes and flying warships (CV rework)

Please show us footage of flying carriers.

We already have fantasy ships in the game, it's called Halloween Mode. You can keep the skins and use them all year round as optional cosmetics that if people don't like, they can toggle them off.
You went from complaining about everything to now suggesting features that are guaranteed to damage the game in the span of 24 hours... You'll have to find another way to sabotage WG.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[1RD]
Members
527 posts
3 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Random is already turning into a fantasy line with some ships looking like something out of a horror movie ..dont thing splitting the line will work .. I definitely would not play fantasy or Ani  

A lot would.

So, many will leave the game when the pseudo fantasy "CV Rework" is added? :Smile_child:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
17 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

A lot would.

So, many will leave the game when the pseudo fantasy "CV Rework" is added? :Smile_child:

One of the reasons I joined was the realistic look of the ships, and they still to this day advertise this game as such

I do not know what the new CV rework will be and I don’t play CVs, if Wows decides that it wants to turn this game into a fantasy funny looking unrealistic ship game without an opt out look button so be it , this wallet warrior will be gone

anyway I doubt the CV will be that fantasy based

[SOUP]
7,402 posts
1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

...have you even tried it? Have you even seen screenshots of it? What magical alternate reality do you live in?

[1RD]
Members
527 posts
1 hour ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

One of the reasons I joined was the realistic look of the ships, and they still to this day advertise this game as such

I do not know what the new CV rework will be and I don’t play CVs, if Wows decides that it wants to turn this game into a fantasy funny looking unrealistic ship game without an opt out look button so be it , this wallet warrior will be gone

anyway I doubt the CV will be that fantasy based

Well, heads up, sailor. I do play CV's... with the rework, the carriers don't matter, as you fly planes around the map... planes are unlimited.... effectively, you're flying a warship...

How much more fantasy based do you want it?

Its almost as bad as the magic torpedo....

Edited by kiwi1960
  • Cool 1

[SOUP]
7,402 posts
Just now, kiwi1960 said:

Your warships have unlimited shells and fuel... and ships that can only reload torpedos in port can do so at sea, out of thin air, in the middle of a battle.

So... if I'm reading this right.... you're complaining about lack of realism in an arcade-styled game in which warships are picked randomly from a dozen nations and put into 15v15 team deathmatch battles that last at most 20 minutes and can put out massive fires in the blink of an eye, patch torpedo holes instantly, see through islands, see through smoke, can magically know how many ships are aiming at them, have magic flags that give buffs, wildly coloured paints that also give buffs, can collide with islands and not take any damage, AND have health bars?

Kid you really need to make it less obvious that you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.
It's a game, don't like it? Don't play it.

[1RD]
Members
527 posts

Many of you just don't get it... do you? You only THINK you know what was said.

I never said it would TAKE OVER the game... merely add to it... if you dn't want it, you check a box, much like you did to hide the fantasy spaceships....

WAIT.... there were fantasy spaceship????? Not wanting this, or refusing to eben understand what I'm getting at makes many of you appear hypocritical...

You loved the space ships.... you didn't complain about the magic torpedo.... you support the CV REWORK which is just a flying warship.... the CV doesn't matter anymore...

so why you you spend money on a carrier when you can only fly one warship...sorry, squad of planes at a time....

and how fantasy like is "unlimited" planes???

Seriously..... do you just disagree with everything to be trolls... or what?

No one is forcing you to play the Halloween special... so if they had a fantasy mission every so often, you wn't be forced to play it...

what is the problem?

hmmmm?

I think I'll go fire some magical torpedoes......

• Boring 1

[1RD]
Members
527 posts
3 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Your warships have unlimited shells and fuel... and ships that can only reload torpedos in port can do so at sea, out of thin air, in the middle of a battle.

So... if I'm reading this right.... you're complaining about lack of realism in an arcade-styled game in which warships are picked randomly from a dozen nations and put into 15v15 team deathmatch battles that last at most 20 minutes and can put out massive fires in the blink of an eye, patch torpedo holes instantly, see through islands, see through smoke, can magically know how many ships are aiming at them, have magic flags that give buffs, wildly coloured paints that also give buffs, can collide with islands and not take any damage, AND have health bars?

Kid you really need to make it less obvious that you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.
It's a game, don't like it? Don't play it.

Yes, but for a game to work, it has to be be unlimited. How boring would it be having to go back to a port to rearm the torpedoes or restock the shells....

There is a BIG difference between unlimited shells because your ship can take damage while firing.... that is NOTHING compared to unlimited dive bombers...

Rethink your argument. Why are you not demanding reality with single fire torps and limited ammo... make it REALLY historical.

Edited by kiwi1960

Members
368 posts
5,770 battles

I wouldn't mind seeing a sailing version of the game.  If they want to make it fantasy themed that would be okay with me.

[SOUP]
7,402 posts
3 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

And here we see you trying to pull a "I'm not wrong! You're all wrong".   Seriously, kid, if you're constantly being told you're wrong about something, then maybe you should consider that you're actually wrong.

1 minute ago, kiwi1960 said:

Again you make it sound very much like you've never tried the new CV gameplay. Flying battleships? No, they aren't, you're lucky if you get two uses out of the same squadron before they're shot down. Maybe you should actually study what you complain about... or would that slow your momentum of complaining about everything and yet staying around just to try and get a rise out of us and then try and paint everyone else as the aggressor and villains in your quest for.... what even are you trying to accomplish again? Making everyone else stop playing WoWS? What are you even doing here if not complaining about everything in front of you?

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
7 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Well, heads up, sailor. I do play CV's... with the rework, the carriers don't matter, as you fly planes around the map... planes are unlimited.... effectively, you're flying a warship...

How much more fantasy based do you want it?

Its almost as bad as the magic torpedo....

I play mostly X and  mid tier Cruiser , DD, this is a great game, we all have opinions on Radar, Torpedoes and overall game mechanics that we would like changed gone or modified but it is about balance so I work within that  no problem 

When you look at Wows game advertising it shows realistic ships in fact these ships looks are actually taken from real  blueprints  

Ani ,ships with horns or other wierd stuff was not part of it 

I like the fun Halloween event, liked the rubber ducky thingy to but wouldn’t want that look as normal game play in Random battles

[1RD]
Members
527 posts
13 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I play mostly X and  mid tier Cruiser , DD, this is a great game, we all have opinions on Radar, Torpedoes and overall game mechanics that we would like changed gone or modified but it is about balance so I work within that  no problem 

When you look at Wows game advertising it shows realistic ships in fact these ships looks are actually taken from real  blueprints  

Ani ,ships with horns or other wierd stuff was not part of it 

I like the fun Halloween event, liked the rubber ducky thingy to but wouldn’t want that look as normal game play in Random battles

BUT BUT BUT BUT....... Space warships? magical Torpedoes????? How does that work with "historical"????

I draw the line at unlimited torpedoes and shells as the game would be boring with that.

Members
618 posts
13 battles

Let's see, we could have the current ARP ships be placed in a separate nation line, and give them their canon armaments (i.e. supergraviton cannons, photon cannons, Klein fields, supercavitating torpedoes, homing missiles)! Even the T5 Kongou-class will easily wipe out all the T10 ships no problem single-handedly!!

Edited by RyuuohD_NA

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
3 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

BUT BUT BUT BUT....... Space warships? magical Torpedoes????? How does that work with "historical"????

I draw the line at unlimited torpedoes and shells as the game would be boring with that.

Realistic means the look, I do realize this is a game and the game mechanics are there for balancing and in reality are way beyond what the real world is, I’m ok with that

A simple way to explain is I do not like Ani , not the look nor the flashy stuff, like I said before do not mind the odd campaigns now and then although I didn’t like the space one and only played 2 games in it ,Halloween one is fun

but in the standard random battles what motivates me look wise is what Wows advertises in its promo’s they have started to deviate from this .. but it’s just a game 

[1RD]
Members
527 posts
1 hour ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Realistic means the look, I do realize this is a game and the game mechanics are there for balancing and in reality are way beyond what the real world is, I’m ok with that

A simple way to explain is I do not like Ani , not the look nor the flashy stuff, like I said before do not mind the odd campaigns now and then although I didn’t like the space one and only played 2 games in it ,Halloween one is fun

but in the standard random battles what motivates me look wise is what Wows advertises in its promo’s they have started to deviate from this .. but it’s just a game 

Fair enough, but when they had the space ships, I wasn't impressed, even less now. I wasn't forced to play with the space ships and I could hide them from my carousel. If they added a fantasy line, liek the Halloween missions, you aren't forced to play it AND you can hide the ships...

What's the big deal? many don't like playing CV OR having them in the game but put up with them none the less... the fantasy line wouldn't even be in the main thrust of what WoWs is all about.