You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
unarid

are unassigned captain's points transfered

8 comments in this topic

[OILFA]
Members
20 posts
3,403 battles

I want to transfer a captain with 2/8 skill points. Two of the points are not yet assigned and eight points are already assigned. Will the captain loose those 2 points if I transfer the captain to another ship?

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
10 minutes ago, unarid said:

I want to transfer a captain with 2/8 skill points. Two of the points are not yet assigned and eight points are already assigned. Will the captain loose those 2 points if I transfer the captain to another ship?

in fact, its better to transfer a captain with unassigned points from an XP standpoint. granted in the grand scheme its not that big a deal...but for quicksy reference... its 450 doubloons to xfer a 19 point captain and less per point assigned. the same goes for xp cost per move.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,721 posts
11,128 battles

I actually wish I could sell/dismiss captains and have their point value added back to my elite capt xp amount if they have points on them

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,545 battles
45 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I actually wish I could sell/dismiss captains and have their point value added back to my elite capt xp amount if they have points on them

Yes that would be awesome way to utilize the points sitting on all my ARP captains that have never been to sea and yet continue to draw pay and take up billets

Beta Testers
3,366 posts
2,378 battles
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

That would be awesome.  It would also make it worthwhile for me to purchase special captains.
Right now it's not worth it as it takes too long to rebuild them to 16-17 points where I am with ONE of my captains.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,975 posts
2,203 battles
3 hours ago, APA_204 said:

in fact, its better to transfer a captain with unassigned points from an XP standpoint. granted in the grand scheme its not that big a deal...but for quicksy reference... its 450 doubloons to xfer a 19 point captain and less per point assigned. the same goes for xp cost per move.

No.  Retraining cost is a function of the number of points earned.  It costs the same to re-train a 10/2 commander to a new ship as a 10/0 commander (25,000 CXP).

Re-spec'ing (re-assigning points) cost is a function of the number of points already assigned.  A 10/2 commander costs (8*25) 200 Db to re-spec.  A 10/0 commander costs 250 Db (or 100,000 ECXP).

Transferring a commander (to a new ship) involves retraining.  Re-spec'ing is optional.

• Cool 1