You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thraxian

Ships available in the Arsenal

24 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,864 battles

So I have enough coal to get the Salem now...

But, I already have the Des Moines, and don't know if it's really worth all that coal to get a DM clone.

Does anybody know if WG plans to release other ships for coal in the neat future? Just wondering if I should hold on to the coal for now or not...

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,649 posts
14,025 battles

Personally I say "No" because I expect more coal ships in the future.  Things that are still being worked on:

IX BB Jean Bart

IX "Cruiser" Alaska

X BB Bourgogne

It's not confirmed if these indeed will be coal ships, but that's the general feel.

Personally, I have Des Moines already.  I already feel she's superior to Salem.  Not only that, I got Perma-Camo for DM so Salem is rather pointless for me.  Salem also shares too many fundamental plays with DM, so I don't need 2 ships of the same tier doing the same thing.  However, I have my eyes set on AK because she's vastly different from any US Cruiser in the game.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,368 battles

I have Des Moines,. Skipped Salem. Way too expensive. Makes no sense.

Spent most in Special Modules, and signal flags.

JB is coming. So some others that may interest you.

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 1

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
490 posts
12,445 battles

Salem is fun, if you like you Des Monies and do not have a permanent camo for it I would consider it especially with the super heal.  Otherwise like the other said, wait to see what else hits the shelves.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
662 posts
249 battles

The items available in the Arsenal could change in the future, but we'll make those changes visible before they happen.  Rest assured all of the current items there will not always be available. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
583 posts
7,358 battles

Identical question yesterday in another thread.  I bucked the trend and said get the Salem.  Two reasons:

1. The playstyle is different enough that they are both interesting in their own right. And yet they can share a captain.

2. The next ship redeemable for coal will be there long enough to earn enough coal to buy it after you buy the Salem.

• Cool 2

[-WPG-]
Members
737 posts
3,145 battles

If you have the DM I don't think the Salem is worth it.   The Salem is an excellent choice if you're grinding the US cruisers or BB lines, as it's one of the best captain trainers in the game since you can take it into clan battles and easily level up one or more captains to 19 points in a single season. 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles

Salem is premium and with a better heal, I just got mine, 180,000 coal with the 25% off coupon. I want to have all of the ships so my reason may be different than yours for wanting it. I am hoping for some tier 10 scenarios/operations.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
753 posts
6,864 battles

Thanks to all of you for the input.

I think I'll wait and see what comes to the arsenal in the future.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,387 posts
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

Jean Bart when.

Members
1,788 posts
17,406 battles
9 hours ago, Thraxian said:

So I have enough coal to get the Salem now...

But, I already have the Des Moines, and don't know if it's really worth all that coal to get a DM clone.

Does anybody know if WG plans to release other ships for coal in the neat future? Just wondering if I should hold on to the coal for now or not...

Salem has 2 major advantages to the DM...1st off it's heal is even better than the Mino's heal & 2nd (even if you have the DM premium camo) the Salem has an automatic built in 50% post battle discount + an extra 50% post battle discount w/it's camo making it's T10 repair costs only 45k credits (40,500 w/10% post battle signal added).

The fact you don't have to buy the premium camo w/doubloons & it all comes for just the price of coal is a pretty sweet deal all in all...even if you have the DM the credit saving will help if you are short on credits & if you have an insane amount of credits & aren't sweating that it's still an extra T10 for farming elite commander XP on.

Beta Testers
1,299 posts
3,583 battles
10 hours ago, Radar_X said:

The items available in the Arsenal could change in the future, but we'll make those changes visible before they happen.  Rest assured all of the current items there will not always be available. 

Bad idea right there just stop and listen. Please put a timer on each ship for when your going to remove it before changing anything. People put in time to grind these resources and this is different then getting paid on a Friday to buy a new Atago or Tirpitz. Just a thought 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
406 posts
3,348 battles

It would be reasonable to expect that any tier 9 ship that is available in the Arsenal for coal could also be available for free xp.  Musashi is like that.

[RKLES]
Members
7,111 posts
8,758 battles
14 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Personally I say "No" because I expect more coal ships in the future.  Things that are still being worked on:

IX BB Jean Bart

IX "Cruiser" Alaska

X BB Bourgogne

It's not confirmed if these indeed will be coal ships, but that's the general feel.

Personally, I have Des Moines already.  I already feel she's superior to Salem.  Not only that, I got Perma-Camo for DM so Salem is rather pointless for me.  Salem also shares too many fundamental plays with DM, so I don't need 2 ships of the same tier doing the same thing.  However, I have my eyes set on AK because she's vastly different from any US Cruiser in the game.

And let’s not forget that tier VI German BB that many of us have seen being tested as well.

[RKLES]
Members
7,111 posts
8,758 battles
13 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Yeah and I do find it intriguing that the Arsenal ship coupon has a picture of the Tirpitz on it...

I took that as a hint a while back that the Arsenal ship selection would be changing.  And with how much I use Bismarck to help with my Elite Captain XP farming, a second ship suitable for my Bismarck specialized Captain would make a Tirpitz in Arsenal a delightful turn of events.

• Angry 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,828 posts
3,974 battles
3 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Please put a timer on each ship for when your going to remove it before changing anything.

Yes, this. After missing out on the HSF Harekaze* by days, I'd like to know what my timeframe to decide on other ships is like.

* = I knew she wouldn't be there forever, but if the day she was leaving had been better advertised I might have just bought her and put her aside for when I thought I was ready. Mea culpa.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

fwiw I can tell you the Salem is an EXCELLENT ship for her tier. If you do not like USN cruisers by all means pass on her. Otherwise, she's worth every lump of coal you play for her. 

The chit-chat about how long ships will be in the arsenal tells me it would be a good, long time before she comes back around. Me, myself and I... we think it such a time frame could be at least a year. But that's just us swagging it... I'm confident though they have other ships in the pipeline, enough so they could easily go a year without bringing the Salem around again. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[5BS]
Members
4,528 posts
16 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

IX BB Jean Bart

IX "Cruiser" Alaska

X BB Bourgogne

I assumed Dreadnought is FAR more likely to be a Coal Ship than say Alaska or Bourgogne (which I feel are more likely to be Steel ships). WGing is going to WANT people to use their coal on more than just Salem and at the moment, that's the only one in there worth buying (assuming you dont ALREADY have all of them anyway).

[4HIM]
Members
1,716 posts
3,905 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes, this. After missing out on the HSF Harekaze* by days, I'd like to know what my timeframe to decide on other ships is like.

* = I knew she wouldn't be there forever, but if the day she was leaving had been better advertised I might have just bought her and put her aside for when I thought I was ready. Mea culpa.

Almost ended up being in the same spot. Knew it was going away but thought I had another week or so left. But on a whim I went ahead and snagged it. I think the next day it was gone. 

Still want the cat camo though. 

[NSFWG]
Members
3 posts
1,959 battles
11 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Almost ended up being in the same spot. Knew it was going away but thought I had another week or so left. But on a whim I went ahead and snagged it. I think the next day it was gone. 

Isn't the cat camo available for doubloons in the Camo selector?

[4HIM]
Members
1,716 posts
3,905 battles
13 minutes ago, BadgerXC said:

Dunno. I'll take a look next time I'm in game. 

[-A-8-]
Members
25 posts
6,006 battles

As someone who plays mostly without premium time I would say yes. It's a premium ship with a permanent camo. Chuck in a clan discount and it's cheap to run. The camo also gives 20% extra credits so this ship will pretty much pay for me to run other tier 10s as I unlock them (only have the Worcester so far). Finally the extra xp it earns help with captain training.

[PVE]
Members
8,893 posts
7,288 battles
5 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

4 hours ago, BadgerXC said:

4 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Dunno. I'll take a look next time I'm in game. 

Nope, the Cat Camo is gone. The contact ended and the cat camo for doubloons was removed. I didn't buy it as I have so many other perma-camos to get and I didn't feel it was worth it. Also don't like cats. :)

McMMWcf.jpg