You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
APA_204

Grinding the Jutland, serious concerns...

22 comments in this topic

Members
2,438 posts
12,175 battles

While I have a had a few decent games....I'm sub 50% but the real concern is the following. At 15 games in and an average of 6 dd's per game...so, with 90 or so dds, I've seen 2 Jutlands and no Darings. With this being the newest tech tree line, shouldn't there be several of these? Kinda like there were US CA's all over the place when that was new?

What gives? Granted I am just grinding as it gives me something to do, but there is little "juice" to this line. Is this like grinding to a dead end?

[TRG]
Members
121 posts
2,543 battles

well just dont play on the weekends.  

I saw many jutlands and darings in my games. Also weekend warriors are idiots

• Cool 1

Members
2,438 posts
12,175 battles
1 minute ago, lungiwear said:

well just dont play on the weekends.  

I saw many jutlands and darings in my games. Also weekend warriors are idiots

only time I can play these days. Even very few Lightnings, wondering if there is little interest in this line or many didn't get any missions and are still stuck on low tier ships in this line.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,602 posts
14,017 battles

Only a few daring players jump right away to the Tier X ships when a line is new.  The guys with interest and tons of FreeXP or money laying around to convert ShipXPs -> FreeXPs.  It's going to take a while for guys to work their way to Tier X.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Only a few daring players jump right away to the Tier X ships when a line is new.  The guys with interest and tons of FreeXP or money laying around to convert ShipXPs -> FreeXPs.  It's going to take a while for guys to work their way to Tier X.

Agreed, Haze.  I have the FXP to make the jump, but don't want to waste them.  I view the grind as a way to actually more easily grind out commander's XP and FXP.  Just stack up my best economic flags and camo on a  grind ship and I can easily pile up lots of CO-XP and FXP in a real hurry.  I hate wasting those flags on premiums, but on tech tree ships, I get maximum bang for my buck, since the regular XP earned is put to its fullest use as well.

Members
2,438 posts
12,175 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Did you just go full on play on words sir?

Image result for i see what you did there meme

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,807 battles
1 hour ago, APA_204 said:

While I have a had a few decent games....I'm sub 50% but the real concern is the following. At 15 games in and an average of 6 dd's per game...so, with 90 or so dds, I've seen 2 Jutlands and no Darings. With this being the newest tech tree line, shouldn't there be several of these? Kinda like there were US CA's all over the place when that was new?

What gives? Granted I am just grinding as it gives me something to do, but there is little "juice" to this line. Is this like grinding to a dead end?

WoWs Numbers shows ~5,600 Daring and 9,500 Jutland games on NA thus far.  Given that the line hasn't been out all that long, that not everybody got an early start with Lightning via the RN containers, and that many casual players probably burned up their free XP on the US cruiser split/IJN gunboat line fairly recently, these are healthy numbers.  Daring is #1 and Jutland #2 (behind Black) in WR among their respectively tiered destroyers, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt given that most of those who are playing these ships already are going to be the most regular & experienced players.

I'm still working through Lightning myself, and I am in absolute love with that ship.  Like the RN cruisers it isn't the easiest ship to play, but once you get a handle on its strengths it is incredibly rewarding.  Based on what I've seen of Jutland & Daring, I'm expecting the same from them.

Members
2,438 posts
12,175 battles
5 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

WoWs Numbers shows ~5,600 Daring and 9,500 Jutland games on NA thus far.  Given that the line hasn't been out all that long, that not everybody got an early start with Lightning via the RN containers, and that many casual players probably burned up their free XP on the US cruiser split/IJN gunboat line fairly recently, these are healthy numbers.  Daring is #1 and Jutland #2 (behind Black) in WR among their respectively tiered destroyers, but that's to be taken with a grain of salt given that most of those who are playing these ships already are going to be the most regular & experienced players.

I'm still working through Lightning myself, and I am in absolute love with that ship.  Like the RN cruisers it isn't the easiest ship to play, but once you get a handle on its strengths it is incredibly rewarding.  Based on what I've seen of Jutland & Daring, I'm expecting the same from them.

I am sure there is a ton of truth to that, but still, ive seen more Alaskas than I have Darings.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,700 posts
11,112 battles

I have a Jutland and a daring, the Jutland in my eyes is better than the daring, I just haven't been able to make the daring work for me, but the Jutland has been a beast of a dd, I am finding that the slow speed of the daring doesn't warrant the 6 km detection it has as it is to slow to get away from anything.

Members
2,438 posts
12,175 battles
13 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I have a Jutland and a daring, the Jutland in my eyes is better than the daring, I just haven't been able to make the daring work for me, but the Jutland has been a beast of a dd, I am finding that the slow speed of the daring doesn't warrant the 6 km detection it has as it is to slow to get away from anything.

at 20 games, not one Daring yet. about 5 Jutlands out of 160 possible dds...meh, 150, I did get top tier twice as tier 9. 

I don't think anyone has any interest in this line.

[ENDVR]
Members
367 posts
5,193 battles
33 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I will likely end up agreeing with the preference for the Jutland; I’m alright with losing a second of reload for 0.3 concealment.  But been taking Jutland very slow since have a sick 7month old and wpuld rather be in a BB when she wakes up than a DD

[USFF]
Members
68 posts
4,799 battles

The Daring and Jutland are extremely hungry for skilled captains. You cannot play these ships to their potential unless you at least have a 14 point captain. That is probably the reason why there aren’t so many around now. A ship that must have IFHE just to work is also pretty unattractive to some. Couple that with the nerfs late in the Daring’s development and you have lots of reasons for people to hold back. I’m probably just going to stop at the Jutland. For a defensive DD the detection range is too high on the Daring and it needs too many skill points.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,807 battles
1 hour ago, APA_204 said:

I don't think anyone has any interest in this line.

It's like every other line which has been introduced to this game: a few people will free xp/bull rush to tier 10 either because they main that type of ship or for historical reasons.  The vast majority will ignore it as they continue to work down lines which they've already started.  Opinions among CCs will vary widely as individuals work to determine the best tactics and builds for these ships.

Using the much more easily reached tier 5 Acasta as an example, that ship has already accumulated 76,000 battles on NA.  By way of comparison, its Pan-Asian counterpart the Jianwei has about 265k battles in the well over a year since its release.

[KRAK]
Members
938 posts
13,007 battles
4 hours ago, APA_204 said:

I see loads of the news DD in matches I play. 

Members
588 posts

Too new to Jutland but Lightning is right now my best WR in Randoms for ships with over 15 games.   ALL SHIPS OVER 15 GAMES

Jutland seems to be on the same road as Lightning.   I have less than 10 games in it.       

Cossack was not enjoyable.

My take is that we have too many choices in the Tier 10 DD pool.    This may make the need for yet another DD that is not substantially different than a DD already in a Captains fleet very unappealing. 

My motivation is having family with British Navy history.   I agree with the posts about the 19 point Captains.  I have two British 19 Point Captains and one 18 point.   Also watched Flamu and a few others videos.  

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Members
1,514 posts
666 battles

in low tier co-op on the weekends, the matches are filled with Medeas, Valkyries, and Wakefuls.

Most probably aren't fxping to the higher tiers.

[ICBM]
Members
323 posts
7,862 battles

I liked Jutland, getting to know Daring now...

[WOLFB]
Members
1,658 posts
8,045 battles

I heard Daring received some "balancing" when WG added her on live server. Maybe it's why you don't see a lot playing her. 

But I must say, when WG released Worcester, there wasn't a single game without at least 2 Worcester per side. When Daring was released, I think I merely had 1 Daring per game every 2-3 game. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,825 posts
4,003 battles

they are not seen because they are "defensive " DDs. i still don't know what the [edited] that means.