Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snipereagle23

Is The Gaede Worth The Grind?

14 comments in this topic

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,807 battles

I've been obsessed with my V-170 ever since they came out, and I have never purchased the T-22. Is the Gaede (and later tier Germans) worth the Tugboat-22 grind? 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
701 posts
11,737 battles

I really enjoyed Ernst Gaede and Leberecht Maass. And have had fun with Z-23 and Z-46. I think it is worth it, but I am a DD main. But for the sake of full disclosure, the T-22 was probably my most painful grind. Whatever is good about the ship, I never was able to find it and sold the ship as soon as I had the ability to get the Ernst Gaede.

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,807 battles
3 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

If you like dd play then yes

Well what kind of DD play? I enjoy gunboats mostly. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,613 posts
13,255 battles
2 minutes ago, Snipereagle23 said:

Well what kind of DD play? I enjoy gunboats mostly. 

Well each dd line is situational but yes they are gun boats and when they get hydro they really become fun

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,807 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

Well each dd line is situational but yes they are gun boats and when they get hydro they really become fun

Hmm. Alright, I might take the plunge. Thanks. ;) 

• Cool 1

[70]
Members
961 posts
3,695 battles

In my experience, Gaede and Maass are best for the bad puns.

Getting hydroed by a Gaede? He picked you up on his Gaedar.

Maass is short for "Ma(fat)a__", "Maassive" or "Massively Asinine"

They are pretty awful for anything else EXCEPT, after the BB AP vs DD nerf goes through, perhaps rushing BBs, because you won't be eating any full pens or double-dips anymore.

Edited by Guardian54
  • Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,795 posts
13,629 battles

I don't see the need to play the German loli boats. I have T10s in all the DD lines except the British. Yes I have seen a few well played Z-52 but frankly the rest of the line just seems uninteresting and bland. 

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,807 battles
17 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

I don't see the need to play the German loli boats. I have T10s in all the DD lines except the British. Yes I have seen a few well played Z-52 but frankly the rest of the line just seems uninteresting and bland. 

Wait a Minute I know you. You were the one on Notser's channel. In the Fletcher. You really helped me improve my DD gameplay last year. Thanks. 

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
4,795 posts
13,629 battles
7 minutes ago, Snipereagle23 said:

Wait a Minute I know you. You were the one on Notser's channel. In the Fletcher. You really helped me improve my DD gameplay last year. Thanks. 

Glad I could help, 

IWxnkt3.gif

Members
1,513 posts
7,988 battles

Hey

The Gaede and the Maass are mediocre boats, concealment hurts them and the slow gun rotation makes then awkward; things pick up with the Z23, which is decent enough but the Z46 is very good and so is the Z52, by this time the AP is rather potent and your get 10 and 10.5 km torps, and take TAE and you have good quick reloads of your torps, both get very good hydro (esp.Z52).  I hated the T22, Gaede was better, Maass was kind of bland.  The premiums, T61 is quite a decent boat for it's tier and the Z39 (T7) is really a T8 boat and is quite decent.  Overall, the low tires 1-4 is good, and the T8-10 is good.  The rest are Meh.

Pete

Members
49 posts
803 battles

I hope the Gaede is worth the grind; I just got it last night.  First time out I had favorable matchingmaching and scored 40k damage without upgrades (oops), camo, or flags, and with a captain 'in training'.  We'll see what happens with my beginner's luck tonight.

[WOLF1]
Members
55 posts
4,391 battles

The Erny is a fun ship that contains more features that are conducive to high tier gameplay. You have torpedos that are competent and long range, you have guns that are capable of competing with dangerous American knife fighters, witch also can penetrate well. The hydro is super nice with a ship detect of about 5km and when combined with vigilance and the hydro upgrade bought with coal you have a vision control monster when dealing with caps. Honestly my favorite ship out of every tier 6 right now.

[IXM]
Members
45 posts
804 battles

I sold the Gaede because I felt it's been pretty power crept, and having to depend mostly on AP in this day and age is not a great thing. It wasn't terrible per se, but it wasn't great either. I'll revisit the German DD's eventually, but I feel the Russian/IJN/RN boats are more my style and fit the current meta accordingly.

Sign in to follow this