You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gen_Saris

World of Fire and Torpedoes = HIGHLY dissatisfied.

78 comments in this topic

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
903 posts
6,274 battles

Not at all satisfied with the way gameplay has progressed over the past 6 months. Now it's either play a high ROF HE spammer, play a torp boat, or stay in port. Torpedoes too powerful, HE too powerful, fire WAY out of control. IFHE... giving HEAT rounds to ships... was a completely [edited] decision. Either bring it all back under control or people like me are going to be leaving.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 16
  • Bad 13

[AFW-]
Members
248 posts
9,699 battles

What about the CV's? do they not scare you too?

• Funny 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,576 posts
4,948 battles

I have been playing for a while and I don’t think it was changes that much. Maybe you should just take a break from the game for a while. 

• Cool 2

[CSALT]
Members
138 posts

The implication being that it is preferable for the players that are playing/prefer the HE Spam and torpedoes to leave?

For every person who complains about HE spam and torpedoes, there seems to be someone else complaining about 'double dip' AP shells and radar.  Every ship has to be vulnerable to something(s) or there is no point to playing.

• Cool 1

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
22 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Not at all satisfied with the way gameplay has progressed over the past 6 months. Now it's either play a high ROF HE spammer, play a torp boat, or stay in port. Torpedoes too powerful, HE too powerful, fire WAY out of control. IFHE... giving HEAT rounds to ships... was a completely moronic decision. Either bring it all back under control or people like me are going to be leaving.

Wargaming's worth about $1 Billion...

I think they may know more than you, but that's just a hunch.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SSU]
Members
338 posts
3,546 battles

CV s and bbs that can dev strike a cruiser in one shot, radars that make DD life impossible... Wait we just listed every class.

Every ship has preferred prey and hard counters. If you want a ship that can do everything without fear of a short battle if you badly misplay, wrong game. 

Yesterday my roon got dev striked by a GK at 18km. I was showing too much broadside. Given the accuracy of German bbs I thought I be would be ok. I was very wrong. But I didn't rage over it, I have benefitted from plenty of rng. Next battle I had a 35k salvo on a minotaur with a Baltimore.

• Cool 5

Members
17,686 posts
5,084 battles
29 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Now it's either play a high ROF HE spammer, play a torp boat, or stay in port. 

Crap, I must have missed the memo.

When did this all happen? I didn't even notice.

• Cool 2

Members
17,686 posts
5,084 battles
31 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Either bring it all back under control or people like me are going to be leaving.

Challenge accepted.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

Speaking as a cruiser main, what would you have us do? If we could not shoot long range He at BBs we might as well throw rocks at BBs because our Ap is all but useless at long range.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
913 posts
12,874 battles
18 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

The implication being that it is preferable for the players that are playing/prefer the HE Spam and torpedoes to leave?

For every person who complains about HE spam and torpedoes, there seems to be someone else complaining about 'double dip' AP shells and radar.  Every ship has to be vulnerable to something(s) or there is no point to playing.

No one should be vulnerable to a bug like AP double dipping. Stop trying to act as if DDs are asking for something special? No ship deserves to fall prey to a bug.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
16 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

Wargaming's worth about $1 Billion...

I think they may know more than you, but that's just a hunch.

really? I dream of winning the lottery and buying WG and making my changes as I see fit. then I plan on dating Kate.

See the source image

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,602 posts
13,158 battles

Well I play a game that has Fire and Torpedoes and yes I expect to see that there's gonna be a lot of them

if you don't like seeing them I hear there's a new game out there called farm simulator

Edited by silverdahc
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles
4 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

really? I dream of winning the lottery and buying WG and making my changes as I see fit. then I plan on dating Kate.

See the source image

Really? lol If I won that kind of money the last thing I would want would be those kind of headaches.

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
1 minute ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

Really? lol If I won that kind of money the last thing I would want would be those kind of headaches.

You may be right, i'll drop Kate and stick with buying WG.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,768 posts
12,872 battles
42 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Not at all satisfied with the way gameplay has progressed over the past 6 months. Now it's either play a high ROF HE spammer, play a torp boat, or stay in port. Torpedoes too powerful, HE too powerful, fire WAY out of control. IFHE... giving HEAT rounds to ships... was a completely moronic decision. Either bring it all back under control or people like me are going to be leaving.

As a BB main, the current meta is fine with me.

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
5 posts
2,189 battles

The only issue I sort of take with what you're complaining about is torpedoes having a large alpha strike compared to a shell, but then also the potential floods deal more damage due to their longer duration. However on the other hand these effects can be mitigated by appropriate flags; Juliet Yankee Bissotwo and the India Yankee flag which causes floods and fires to last a shorter duration. You can also take appropriate captains skills to mitigate the effects of fires. Also invest in premium consumables, namely the premium damage control and learn how to manage it properly. Don't repair one fire straight away unless you're at a quarter health or less, and don't repair two fires straight away unless you're below half health. And if your ship has it, invest in the premium heal, so if your damage control is on cooldown you can pop a heal and try to heal out of the trouble you're in. Also the November Foxtrot flag lowers the time it takes for a consumable to come off of cooldown, and appropriate tier 2 captains skills can bring your damage control and heal off of cooldown even faster so that you can keep yourself out of trouble. Also know when to "go dark", and when to duck behind an island to take cover when coming under concentrated fire from cruisers, especially american and japanese cruisers. Also don't drive in straight lines, especially if you know there's an enemy destroyer nearby. 

Basically the game provides for you ways to manage any DOT damage (damage over time) and it's up for you to practice using them and manage them properly to ensure your longevity in a battle. :D

• Boring 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
699 posts
11,657 battles
48 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Hey, brother. I notice that the vast majority of your games have been played in Co-Op. Are you feeling things have changed in that game mode? Or are you recently playing more Random matches and feeling that things have changed? Lots of players were trying out the new U.S. CL line over the last few months. And the two new IJN DDs are out there. But I am not really sensing what you are. Or is your feeling related to changes to the Co-Op AI (I think I remember hearing it was beefed up?) that might have made Co-Op a bit more challenging?

Just trying to get a handle on why your perception is so different from my own.

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
19 posts
11,358 battles

games fine, mechanics are fine, cvs are fine, fires are fine, problem is player base. that is not fine. people refuse to learn from their mistakes and think doing the same thing over and over will result in a different outcome. and I, or someone like me is always there to punish you, for refusing to learn.

• Cool 2

Members
17,686 posts
5,084 battles
10 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Well I play a game that has Fire and Torpedoes and yes I expect to see that there's gonna be a lot of them

if you don't like seeing them I hear there's a new game out there called farm simulator

That's no help. There's probably locust swarms and weevils....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[PLPT]
Members
147 posts
8,412 battles

Another BB player upset he can be countered. 

BBs are still the easiest class to play, and still perform just fine. Learn to counter your counter.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles
24 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I have been playing for a while and I don’t think it was changes that much. Maybe you should just take a break from the game for a while. 

Not going to get into torpedoes other than to say that the WASD hack does wonders against it but on fire it isn't just in the last six months but there definitely has been a shift towards fire over the life of the game. Before the RN BB's and IFHE fire was a minor irritant but now it takes full survival builds to simply lessen the impact of so many fires. Fire and how it is fought by the players definitely needs some changes. One thought is to mostly remove fire from IFHE to make it more like AP so it is the choice of damage or fires. Another is to make fires have a chance to go out early but to also have the chance for the fire to cause extra damage to the burning ship, ready secondary or AA ammo blowing. This makes the player feel less helpless in those multiple fires burning, put the out and then as soon as the magic immunity period ends getting them right back and it feels to the player that his crew is actually fighting the fires.

Members
17,686 posts
5,084 battles
19 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

That's right, then you can party with SerB. I'll bet he knows who to call to hook you up with someone who looks like Kate.....

• Boring 1

[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,842 posts
7,256 battles

Seems fine to me, I love playing all my ships, HE spammers and bbs alike XD

Members
3,623 posts
13,419 battles
25 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Hell, if you buy WG maybe you can meet up with Dasha and Alena. :Smile_great:

• Funny 1

Members
368 posts
5,757 battles

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of a reduction in the DC cool-down timer as long as it's not too drastic but if not I can live with things as they are.  The current meta, while I find it annoying, does not break the game for me.

Edited by Malamute_Kid