Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snipereagle23

V-170, overlooked super-ship?

5 comments in this topic

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,801 battles

The V-170 is by far the best Destroyer, (or any ship, for that matter) that I have played. It's just so much fun, and I think it's a commonly overlooked vessel when comparing many different tier 4 DDs. Let's start with the obvious. It has a strange setup. Two forward facing torpedo tubes make for an interesting profile, but this is what makes this German shine. The forward facing torps help you rush enemy BBs and Cruisers without taking much damage. 

For me, my torpedoes reload every 37 seconds, (With TAE) allowing the V-170 to attack BBs while they are reloading or just keep plunging torpedoes into smoke screens. The torpedoes feel very multi-purpose, and the reload time of the torpedoes is another thing that makes me adore this ship. Plus, they reach out to 7.0 km, allowing for stealth torping. 

Artillery is nice as well. Not the fastest firing, but increased AP pen helps citadel CVs and low-armored Cruisers. The fire chance is nice, at 5.0%, and with Dem Expert mastered it makes the V-170 a great BB torcher. 

The maximum speed is excellent, at 35 knots, and with Sierra Mike mounted brings it up to 37.0. It's maneuverable, with a rudder shift of only 2.7 sec, and it has such a small profile that dodging shells is easy. 

All together, the V-170 is one fun ship. An excellent DD for new players to learn on, and a great one for experienced sailors to pick up if they keep getting pounded in the high tiers. A great 'lil guy to train commanders on. 

Spoiler

1889692325_ScreenShot2018-10-28at12_36_56PM.thumb.png.76fa32fb1273a0aab01b70d6e889cbfb.png

I have issues. 

147266397_ScreenShot2018-10-28at12_48_49PM.thumb.png.dd217a176f5cc25b43522a67271125db.png

Skill setup. I have yet to get Dem Expert. 

Edited by Snipereagle23
  • Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,311 posts
3,662 battles

V-170 is pretty fun, it's just that she shares the same tier with Clubson and Shenyang.

The forward tubes are funky though.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,801 battles
59 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

V-170 is pretty fun, it's just that she shares the same tier with Clubson and Shenyang.

The forward tubes are funky though.

I didn't enjoy the Pan-Asian DDs. Not my kind of ship. The Clemson is okay...

Members
49 posts
799 battles

I have some of my best stats in the V-170. Certainly it did not prepare me for the disappointment that was the V-22.  The problem is, most of the campaign tasks cannot be accomplished with a Tier 4 ship.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,588 posts
14,010 battles

The interesting thing is that the low tier German DDs were very fun.  But once you start climbing higher tiers in this line, they're a lot less fun.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this