You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Linger_ale

Wargaming froze, my account penalized

16 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
594 battles

Hi. Series of freezes, crashes on NA server.

Game would not load into battle but team lists started showing destroyed ships. Game crashed, logging back in i had been given penalty. Tried loading another game, also froze on roster screen, and i got another penalty. Game crashed, reloaded went strait into the roster screen, crashed.

Co-op game loaded, so i tried another random battle, froze again on team roster and didnt load the battle. Game crashed, this time reads im suspended from battle for more penalties.

Pls help.

Thanks

Members
2,417 posts
5,424 battles

Did you enable REPLAY and if so can you run them   You do not need a internet connection to run a replay file by the way.  

Members
8 posts
594 battles

Now dont load in co-op either.

Screenshot attached showing ships destroyed while my battle doesn't load.

15407441901064382424939960615487.jpg

Members
2,417 posts
5,424 battles

NEXT Stop - TRY the training room if you have access.

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,806 battles

This happens to me all the time. Getting AFK reports because of crashes/freezes are annoying. I feel your pain. 

Members
8 posts
594 battles

After being stuck in queue for battle,  it then freezes w/o ship (see pic).

Wargaming pls unpenalize my account for this loading error you have.

You can see Novik in corner is not listed as in battle. Its just not loading.

15407444890544161993737337382537.jpg

Members
8 posts
594 battles
4 minutes ago, Snipereagle23 said:

This happens to me all the time. Getting AFK reports because of crashes/freezes are annoying. I feel your pain. 

Thnx... anything else i can/should do?

(I thought the loading screen w dead ships should be enough proof it's their issue, my connection obviously works as battle results keep changing) 

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,219 battles

You need to figure out if your client is corrupted, try following the trouble shooting tips in the support area.  I wouldn't worry about removing any penalties until you can log into the game successfully every time.  There may be a simple solution, or you might have to re-install the client - but get your end fixed and air tight before you keep logging in.  While you are seeing this issue from your perspective, think of every team you have left a player short in battle, they shouldn't be penalized because of a hardware/software issue on your system.

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,806 battles
9 minutes ago, Linger_ale said:

Thnx... anything else i can/should do?

(I thought the loading screen w dead ships should be enough proof it's their issue, my connection obviously works as battle results keep changing) 

I'm sorry to say there's not much else I can help you with. Sorry. :Smile_unsure:

Members
8 posts
594 battles
45 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

You need to figure out if your client is corrupted, try following the trouble shooting tips in the support area.  I wouldn't worry about removing any penalties until you can log into the game successfully every time.  There may be a simple solution, or you might have to re-install the client - but get your end fixed and air tight before you keep logging in.  While you are seeing this issue from your perspective, think of every team you have left a player short in battle, they shouldn't be penalized because of a hardware/software issue on your system.

I appreciate the reply: maybe you can point out what troubleshoiting part Ishould attend to? Only thing on the topic of not loading into battle i see in support comments is about mods, but WoW is pure vanilla, only game on new computer.

All seems server side, not loading into battle, not returning ship to port.

Thanks for your attention.

Edited by Linger_ale
Typo, you*-your

Members
8 posts
594 battles
4 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

I know in some other post like this they say to turn off all mods if you have any.

Hi, thanks thats all i could find on this topic as well but not my situation. WoW is pure, the only game on a three week old computer.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

@Linger_ale

As others have said, you need to make sure that the client is in fact not corrupt. This can happen in any download of any product believe it or not.

However, prior to that lets look at your system first to make sure everything is up to date. Not knowing your system specs, I'm going to have to give a very generic layout of what to do.

• Ensure that your GPU (graphics card) is up to date. *if you don't know where to look, you can always Google your GPU and go to the official site, look for the latest version and compare it to what you have on your system* . If you do go to uninstall the GPU driver, even the WG CS department will recommend using this, it's a complete "Display Driver Uninstaller" or DDU. However, make sure that you have your new driver downloaded first before using the DDU, just don't install the new driver.
  • Ensure that your CPU, Motherboard, Ethernet adapters and all other drivers are up to date -  if applicable. I say "if applicable" because if you're on a laptop or a pre-fabbed system, most of the time they come with an all inclusive "update button" which will update the key components of that system. **Important note, if you are unfamiliar with updating your BIOS, do not mess with it. I cannot stress this enough as it will turn your system into a literal brick/paper weight**
  • Make sure that Windows is up to date - sounds funny, but sometimes that does hang things up. Reason being is that Windows will try to update, fail to update and keep going. Next thing you know, you have 5+ failed updates stacked, 3 of which are critical and now you're trying to play catch up.
  • If you're feeling "Froggy" (ambitious), you can check your HDD or SSD (Hard Drive or Solid State Drive) for errors as well as your memory. Starting with your Drives, "Right click" on which one you'd like to check, "Click - Properties", "Click - Tools", and then the option to "Check" will be there.  **For you Memory, "Open the Start Menu" (or if you have the search on your Tool Bar) and type " mdsched.exe ", a popup will show up, Click "Check Right Now" and your system will reboot. When it reboots, you will be shown options on how many "passes" you'd like to have your memory checked. 2 (TWO) passes will be fine and trust me, it will be a long process at 2. If no memory issues are present, it will reboot to Windows after it's done. And to be honest, I don't know what will happen if it finds actual memory problems as I've never found any in all the times I've run tests.
  • When all these are ruled out (again the Drive and Memory tests aren't that big of an issue), make sure that you perform a broadband test to check your internet. You can use your ISP's one that every company provides, but that will show you what they want you to see. I like the site " Testmy.net " . There you can obviously test your download, upload or both on an automatic setting. Make sure you reboot your Modem and Router, this is a regular maintenance thing as well
  • If you haven't done so, make sure the client is error free. **If you are still running the old launcher, the game settings are in the upper right hand corner.**
Spoiler

2028313158_WGCinteg.thumb.JPG.3fac506ca2b029ee3eaf45d5987ed8d6.JPG

• If you see the Client download and repair something and your game still throws errors like this, it is a decision you'll have to make if you want to download a fresh client.

Now, if everything has failed up until this point, go to the search box again and type " dxdiag ", Click the box option for WHQL Digital Signatures and then click "Save All Information" (ensure that you save it to an area you will have easy access to).

At this point it's time to open a Ticket with the Customer Service Dept., however the reason I had you do this is because I took out a huge chunk of back and forth conversation/messages between you and the C.S. Department. The steps above saved a lot of time and frustration (I've been there as a player on the waiting end, not so much the frustration, but the waiting part). Make sure that you have your system specs in hand, if you want to find them, go to the Search area on your PC again and type "system". They will want to know the following when you file the Ticket:

1. Operating System
  2. Graphics Card
  3. Amount and type of Memory (for instance mine is 32Gb of DDR4)
  4. Amount of Hard Drive/Solid State Drive space you have

1. Then tell them every step you've taken prior to contacting them, walk down the list and number them.
  2. Upload your DxDiag
  3. Be as concise but specific as you can and if they ask you to do something that you've already done, be polite and ask if they want you to repeat that step again and point out that you've already done it prior to contacting them. 

I can't stress enough though to be polite and that the adage "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar" truly applies here. They really do understand that you are a customer and they do care about your problem, but it is a two way street to a degree that who knows how many people they have had to deal with that have literally flipped out on them over something minute. So if you can, just be patient, it can take up to 24 sometimes 48 hours to get a response if you end up having to file a ticket, but the folks there are indeed good people and helpful.

Good luck to you and hope this helped.

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
594 battles
14 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

BURN_ 

Thanks for reply. Im out presently, i will go through your steps at home.

Downloaded nothing between it working yesterday, it played this morning for an hour, then crashing me out. Regardless i hear you maybe... micro$haft updated something in the background. I'll go through your steps as i imagine anyone at WG would request the same. I still suspect it as a server side issue.

• Cool 1

Members
2,417 posts
5,424 battles

In the meanwhile...just as a test download WarThunder and see if it works to test your graphics card and online integrity.  Remember its only a test

Members
8 posts
594 battles

Follow-up,

While trying to dig up the error logs, i found an issue with the OS itself.  (windows closing out active task)

No updates resolved this, it would not boot to safe mode, tech support no answers beyond 'some update must have gotten stuck.'

Downloaded new OS on separate system, deleted all, reinstalled.

I had been sure it was a wargaming issue bc the program stayed running just wouldn't load into battle.  But i thank you all (comments and those who agreed) as there was a system issue.

Wish me luck at sinking your ships once again.

Best,

Linger