You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Vaffu

remove players from chat in a match after they are dead.

251 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles

I would love to see a player on your team removed from chat after they die. I for one am so tired of watching the dead tell everyone else what they should be doing.  If they were so good to tell others how to play why are they already dead?

There is zero reason for the dead to be in chat especially when they want to turn themselves into the fleet commander after being sunk.

Just my two cents.

• Cool 23
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 40
  • Angry 1

Members
902 posts
7,771 battles

Maybe make it like other games. Where the live, remaining players cant see it. It can/does become a distraction for the live players. 

(rarely do I see anything beneficial after players are dead, though it does happen. But its usually just some diarrhea tirade)

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles

Depends on what is being said, some dead players are helpful others are not, you as an individual cant mute or close chat if you want but how can someone appreciate anothers' play, and tell them even more so, if they're on the red team if you stop them once they're dead.

Regulate yourself and what you want to read, leave others to be

• Cool 8
  • Bad 2

[SIM]
Members
2,453 posts
4,090 battles

While some players do use chat in a friendly/productive manner even after being sunk, just as many if not more use it for whining and trolling. I’d be on board for a change that barred sunk players from game chat. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,042 posts
11,539 battles
5 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

I would love to see a player on your team removed from chat after they die. I for one am so tired of watching the dead tell everyone else what they should be doing.  If they were so good to tell others how to play why are they already dead?

There is zero reason for the dead to be in chat especially when they want to turn themselves into the fleet commander after being sunk.

Just my two cents.

Because other people were not doing their jobs.

• Cool 18
  • Bad 5

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

While some players do use chat in a friendly/productive manner even after being sunk, just as many if not more use it for whining and trolling. I’d be on board for a change that barred sunk players from game chat. 

Until it happens to you, and your watching a game that is down to the wire and you have done 250k damage in it and he doesn't see the torps coming in from back of him and you cannot warn him, and you loose.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles
1 minute ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Depends on what is being said, some dead players are helpful others are not, you as an individual cant mute or close chat if you want but how can someone appreciate anothers' play, and tell them even more so, if they're on the red team if you stop them once they're dead.

Anyone telling others what to do while being dead and not really done much themselves have no place in chat IMO.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 12

[ICBM]
Members
354 posts
7,918 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Agreed...

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

Because other people were not doing their jobs.

If the "chatter" had done their job they would still be alive contributing instead of back seat Admiraling.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 17

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,042 posts
11,539 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

If the "chatter" had done their job they would still be alive contributing instead of back seat Admiraling.

Usually, I find that I die because I am forced to do things I shouldn't because the people who should be doing them are not.

• Cool 32
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

Usually, I find that I die because I am forced to do things I shouldn't because the people who should be doing them are not.

Then whose fault is that? You admit you did something you shouldn't and died.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 13

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
1 minute ago, Vaffu said:

Anyone telling others what to do while being dead and not really done much themselves have no place in chat IMO.

how can you value what some have or haven't done, I find most of the time that a BB that was the last alive was at the bottom of the team list, and some who died early are in the top 3, people contribute differently.

• Cool 6

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

how can you value what some have or haven't done, I find most of the time that a BB that was the last alive was at the bottom of the team list, and some who died early are in the top 3, people contribute differently.

By the scoreboard.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,042 posts
11,539 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

Then whose fault is that? You admit you did something you shouldn't and died.

It needed to be done.  It's the fault of the players who screwed the pooch, not the ones trying to play outside their role, in an attempt to win.

• Cool 5

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

It needed to be done.  It's the fault of the players who screwed the pooch, not the ones trying to play outside their role, in an attempt to win.

So you made a conscious choice to do something. Still your own fault and I do what you said quite often but I never blame the other team members cause maybe they did the best they were able to.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 6

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles
9 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Maybe make it like other games. Where the live, remaining players cant see it. It can/does become a distraction for the live players. 

(rarely do I see anything beneficial after players are dead, though it does happen. But its usually just some diarrhea tirade)

Exactly this.

• Bad 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,042 posts
11,539 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

So you made a conscious choice to do something. Still your own fault and I do what you said quite often but I never blame the other team members cause maybe they did the best they were able to.

They didn't do the best they were able to.  Here's a tip for you:  Being alive is not the same as playing right or well.  Being dead is not the sign of poor play.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 24
  • Funny 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

By the scoreboard.

so someone who contributed a lot ends up in the top 3 of the score board and is helping guide and spot using his camera should not be able to do so, have you never been/or told someone they were safe to enter a cap because a bb had their guns turned the other way and would give you time to get to a safe area, instead of that player wondering if it was safe and when they do, cause they hesitated they got obliterated.

Doesn't sound to me like you have helped anyone in the chat, and as silly as this entire thread is wg have better things to worry about.

• Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

They didn't do the best they were able to. 

You know this how? Just because someone does not do what you think they should does not mean they did not try their best. 

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles

so someone who contributed a lot ends up in the top 3 of the score board and is helping guide and spot using his camera should not be able to do so, have you never been/or told someone they were safe to enter a cap because a bb had their guns turned the other way and would give you time to get to a safe area, instead of that player wondering if it was safe and when they do, cause they hesitated they got obliterated.

Doesn't sound to me like you have helped anyone in the chat, and as silly as this entire thread is wg have better things to worry about.

No they shouldn't. If they wanted to have a say at the end of the match they should have remained alive. It is almost NEVER the guy that did well telling others how to play it usually is someone that scores in the bottom 3.

• Bad 6

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

You know this how? Just because someone does not do what you think they should does not mean they did not try their best. 

Has this got more to do with people telling you how to play after they are dead, because if your the one with the issue then turn off your chat

• Cool 4

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,012 posts
7,684 battles

No reason to punish players for dying more than they are already. If someone is being offensive in chat, the mute button exists. Don't have a vendetta against defeated players, they are still part of your team. 

Just because a player sank in battle doesn't mean their opinion isn't valid. Especially in ranked to let your team know where the enemy destroyer that sank you was or how they are going to lose if they dont race to the red capture point since a lot of people don't pay attention otherwise. 

• Cool 4

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles

Has this got more to do with people telling you how to play after they are dead, because if your the one with the issue then turn off your chat

Who said it was me being told what to do? I will give you a fast example of the incident that prompted me to write this post. 

In a match where our Shima was at A cap had some dead guy who contributed very little telling them to run to C to cap and the Shima listened even though I was already in C cap so there was no need for the DD to cross the entire field.  The Shima should have instead been hunting down the last enemy Shima.

This is something that happens quite frequently.

• Bad 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,760 posts
11,146 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

No they shouldn't. If they wanted to have a say at the end of the match they should have remained alive. It is almost NEVER the guy that did well telling others how to play it usually is someone that scores in the bottom 3.

Its easy to stay alive just play a bb and camp at the back and when most of the team is dead tell the entire team how crapthey were, and after the game that guy is on the bottom of the list

Like i have said if you're have issues with chat and people are telling you your sucking, mute or turn it off, cause there must be a lot of it to come on the forums to complain about it.

• Funny 2

[KRAK]
Members
958 posts
13,122 battles
2 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

No reason to punish players for dying more than they are already. If someone is being offensive in chat, the mute button exists. Don't have a vendetta against defeated players, they are still part of your team. 

Just because a player sank in battle doesn't mean their opinion isn't valid. Especially in ranked to let your team know where the enemy destroyer that sank you was or how they are going to lose if they dont race to the red capture point since a lot of people don't pay attention otherwise. 

How many dead captains sent out messages to other captains in a naval engagement exactly that you are aware of?

They are dead and should be treated as such IMO.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3