Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commo81

Controlling planes after death

12 comments in this topic

[824TH]
Members
43 posts

Can someone tell me how it's possible to control planes after you die in a CV? Last battle, I killed a CV, sat in smoke for a minute or so, when I came out, torpedo planes came in for a run, changed the angle of attack on me, then dropped payload. I didn't know it was possible to control them after you die, but if it is, can someone explain that to me? Got a video if it helps.

[MHG]
Members
49 posts
12,686 battles

Sure.  The wise CV who knows he will die clicks any attack squadron to auto-attack an enemy ship.  Those planes have their orders, and will follow them even after the carrier has sunk.  An interesting thing happens if the enemy ship disappears, say for smoke.  In that case, the planes remember their mission, circle around, and when the enemy ship is finally spotted again they go perform their mission.  Potentially you could be dropped by a carrier many minutes after the ship has been sunk.

[HINON]
Members
8,818 posts

Before dying the CV targetted you with the planes for an attack run so once you were visible they executed the order. Cvs can order auto attacks before they die.

[824TH]
Members
43 posts

I knew you could do that, but it seems like the player was changing the direction of attack also, that's what's baffling me. I'm working on uploading the video to youtube, will take a little bit.

[MHG]
Members
49 posts
12,686 battles

Here's something I have done using that exact thing - I shift-clicked with the attack squadron to set a waypoint for the planes to go to before the autoattack.  That corrected the angle and prevented my planes from spending time getting shot by AA.  You have to make a good guess ahead of time to do this, but it's workable.

Edited by CuriousShadow
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,710 posts
11,324 battles

Yea, the order was given before the CV died, however, with the new CVs the squadron is still active after the CV dies

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles
3 hours ago, commo81 said:

Can someone tell me how it's possible to control planes after you die in a CV? Last battle, I killed a CV, sat in smoke for a minute or so, when I came out, torpedo planes came in for a run, changed the angle of attack on me, then dropped payload. I didn't know it was possible to control them after you die, but if it is, can someone explain that to me? Got a video if it helps.

Sometimes WG's employees will take manual control of them and finish out the attacks based on your karma. It's why they always go after me and stay in the air for 12 minutes. 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
9,399 battles

The change in attack direction after the CV could also be the result of the auto-attack automatically adjusting itself for reasons only known to the Gremlins inside the computer. Usually it adjusts them to something you didn't want them to do, maybe you saw the 1 in a 1000 that it worked to the CV's benefit. 

Sign in to follow this