Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Vodnykov

Kamikaze is the new AFK?

14 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
483 battles

Just started a couple weeks ago, so I may be missing something... but are ships driving straight into each other at the start of the fight the new AFK? I see a lot in co-op and even regular battles (mind, I'm only in tier 3 and tier 4) just ramming each other... Is there a point to this, other than getting a quick XP kill then being able to watch netflix while the fight ends without suffering some TK/pink name penalty?

In other words, even though I'm new and probably missing something, why else are DDs and CLs just ramming each other? I understand as we learn how to manage our boats but shouldn't we avoid collisions?

Thanks in advance for answers... just curious if I'm seeing a lot of new navigators like myself or if the "ram ship, die, then enjoy free AFK without penalties" is some kind of credit/xp gain mode.

[HIT]
Members
67 posts
5,750 battles

Do these ships players have names with a colon on each side? Like this--- :Beatty:

If so, then they're bots and they tend to ram each other a lot.

Members
2 posts
483 battles

No, I get what the bots are... I'm talking about players (both teams) just literally going straight in and ramming each other. Maybe I'm on a weird night where it's "Woo hoo!" crazy.

Seriously, if I knew how to capture vid, I would post it... I just watched 2 player DDs skirt an island and ram the red team DDs.... No bot horky AI. Deliberate.

So odd... I didn't see this at tier 2 or 3.

Edited by Vodnykov

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,916 posts
14,561 battles

you said tier 3 and 4 so most likely very new players

[VIP-2]
Members
802 posts
2,827 battles

If it is a trend, i havent noticed it, but i havent been playing much random lately.

[STK]
Members
40 posts
4,896 battles
49 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

you said tier 3 and 4 so most likely very new players

I was about to say players who own Kamikaze can't be new players, when I realize op was referring to the real meaning of kamikaze.

Members
705 posts

I saw a marked increase in this in mid-tier Co-op when the AFK pink penalty was introduced.

I think people sometimes use this as a quick, penalty-free  "I hate this [CV, MM, whatever] get me back to port ASAP" tool.

Edited by So_lt_Goes
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
570 posts
7,283 battles

There are some combat tasks that require sinking ships.  It's easy to get in Co-op, drive straight ahead and ram a bot.  Takes just a couple minutes.  Rinse and repeat until you have the requirement done..  

Members
449 posts
12,180 battles

Coop matches tend to go by quickly, they can go by a lot more quickly if you just fly in and ram something. You might have 4-5 ships away from port at a time by just ramming something and moving to the next ship quickly.

You will get some xp for the damage and the kill and you can progress several lines that way reasonably efficiently. You will also satisfy mission conditions for sinking ships and the ones that require a win to advance, as it is VERY hard to lose a coop game.

Beta Testers
1,005 posts
13,523 battles
4 hours ago, Vodnykov said:

Just started a couple weeks ago, so I may be missing something... but are ships driving straight into each other at the start of the fight the new AFK? I see a lot in co-op and even regular battles (mind, I'm only in tier 3 and tier 4) just ramming each other... Is there a point to this, other than getting a quick XP kill then being able to watch netflix while the fight ends without suffering some TK/pink name penalty?

In other words, even though I'm new and probably missing something, why else are DDs and CLs just ramming each other? I understand as we learn how to manage our boats but shouldn't we avoid collisions?

Thanks in advance for answers... just curious if I'm seeing a lot of new navigators like myself or if the "ram ship, die, then enjoy free AFK without penalties" is some kind of credit/xp gain mode.

Sounds like you are playin co op ...bots ram each other alot.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,682 posts
3,886 battles
47 minutes ago, Fannywong said:

Some of them are bots, probably hastened by the demise of China WOWs.

What's happened to China WOWS, and why? I thought it was pretty much its own rulebook over there, even if the rule was that there basically are none. You would think people would be milking that for all it was worth.

Sign in to follow this